Letting go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lsz said:
Okay

It has been over a year since Desgate

The club has survived, des and the dogs have had some "unfortunate" luck (much to our amusement )

I have a sneaking suspicion to the answer but.....

When are we going to let go? When will dogs stories get the same attention as other teams?

They dogs have made their bed I am not sure it is worth putting any more energy into it

Personally I have moved on..... What will it take for everyone else?

And incoming...

It will only disappear if the media ignored it (unlikely) and the fans drop the gloating (unlikely due to first point fanning it).

Or once Des leaves the Dogs.

I can fully understand people hating the Dogs and Des, but seriously more than Melbourne? The club that Billy & Cam play for? The club that invented the wrestle? The club that are media darlings despite their history? Do people need to be reminded that they are the team which have eliminated us in 3 out of the last 6 seasons? The team that beat us in a GF in 09 with a team that was over the cap? The team which had been rorting the entire competition for at least 5 seasons?

I hate losing to anyone, but I must admit that despite marking the bulldogs games as must wins over anything else at the start of the year, the Storm are still the team I love to beat more than anyone else. Sure hate the dogs and des, but they haven't wronged us in the past anywhere near the level of the Storm.

No.
I am having too much fun hating the Dogs, especially since 30 Sep :D

Darren said:
I think some on here get too carried away with our team. I'm sure the players wouldn't give a toss!

It's called division of labour. Players do the playing & leave the supporting to us!

bones said:
OneEyedEagle said:
Dare I say the Warriors will announce Hasler as their new coach for 2013

Matthew Elliott got the job.

Des knocked it back because the daily commute from the northern beaches to NZ and back was just too hard :p

There are those amoungst us that have yet to get over Bob Fulton leaving Manly, I would think that they wouldnt be letting go of Des just quite yet!

Masked Eagle said:
I can fully understand people hating the Dogs and Des, but seriously more than Melbourne? The club that Billy & Cam play for? The club that invented the wrestle? The club that are media darlings despite their history? Do people need to be reminded that they are the team which have eliminated us in 3 out of the last 6 seasons? The team that beat us in a GF in 09 with a team that was over the cap? The team which had been rorting the entire competition for at least 5 seasons?

I hate losing to anyone, but I must admit that despite marking the bulldogs games as must wins over anything else at the start of the year, the Storm are still the team I love to beat more than anyone else. Sure hate the dogs and des, but they haven't wronged us in the past anywhere near the level of the Storm.

Surely you jest- either that or you weren't around during the super league fiasco when the "family" club tried their hardest to eliminate all other traditional Sydney based clubs, in the process coming close to killing my beloved Sea Eagles.

Some on here really need a history lesson- or to attend memory enhancement seminars.

This is why Mr Isz, I for one will not be letting go- de$ is not the reason that I despise the chihuahuas (though he has sure contributed)- I hate them (pathologically) for what they did in the '90's. They are no longer a club, merely a soulless franchise.

Vyssini said:
Masked Eagle said:

Surely you jest- either that or you weren't around during the super league fiasco when the "family" club tried their hardest to eliminate all other traditional Sydney based clubs, in the process coming close to killing my beloved Sea Eagles.

Some on here really need a history lesson- or to attend memory enhancement seminars.

This is why Mr Isz, I for one will not be letting go- de$ is not the reason that I despise the chihuahuas (though he has sure contributed)- I hate them (pathologically) for what they did in the '90's. They are no longer a club, merely a soulless franchise.

So true.
Sydney Bulldogs....as if.

Yes, Asif would be their #1 supporter.

Even a mate of mine who is a Bullwogs supporter said to me tonight that Pommy Graham tried to bite Kingy the night they played us.......

I was surprised to find myself immediately behind Des at the Sydney domestic airport xray machine line at some ungodly hour yesterday morning. My immediate thought was unpublishable, as it has been all year. But then I looked at him and he seemed such an ordinary bloke going about his business. I thought about the rebuild he did of the club and the two premierships he guided us to. Then I thought about (it was a slow line) a job I'd had where, as a teacher, I'd rebuilt a department and gotten extraordinary results from kids at their HSC but was totally pissed all over by a leadership change in the school and no amount of money could have persuaded me to stay. Then I thought about Des taking key personnel and I actually thought for the first time what that would mean for the people involved and how, in the end, each individual makes decisions about their own personal lives. So, for the first time in a year, having seen Des as a person rather than some fire spewing demon, I was able to let go of this obsession and I felt better for it.
No, I didn't speak to him - I'm not some weirdo stalker. And yes, I think too much.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8