Letting go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Okay

It has been over a year since Desgate

The club has survived, des and the dogs have had some "unfortunate" luck (much to our amusement )

I have a sneaking suspicion to the answer but.....

When are we going to let go? When will dogs stories get the same attention as other teams?

They dogs have made their bed I am not sure it is worth putting any more energy into it

Personally I have moved on..... What will it take for everyone else?

And incoming...

Beating the dogs 40 nil in the 2013 GF would be an awesome way to move on from Desgate.

They'll be the team we love to hate for a long time yet, no doubt at all. As for time and wounds . . . I can barely bring myself to hate former rivals like Souths & the Eels, but that is probably because they never win rather than just the mere passage of time.

I've moved on a very long time ago and quite sick of the bitterness I'm still seeing. I think a lot of people forgot what Des did for our club. We would be dead and buried without him. He brought us 2 premierships and numerous finals appearances!! Dogs/Manly will forever be another big rivalry but seriously - get over it. We still got to 4th this year and fell one game short of the GF.

Different fans have different clubs that love to hate for a whole lot of different reasons.

It's just the current hatred is for the Bulldogs and as time passes, other teams will take the mantle of 'our' most despised Club.

The Purple Scum had the title from 2007 till last 2011. This GF we had Manly fans cheering for the Storm to win!!

My own hatred is:

Boncos humiliated us in 1988 44-10 after we won the previous year's premiership.
Drug-castle taking our Premiership in 1997, later found many of their players favourite drink was Coke & Ice.
St Choke - do we need a reason?
Souffs - the "I've always supported Souths" supporters as soon as Rusty bought the team
and 20 000 fans believe they're true fans. Where were they in 1997?
Wests - calling us the Silvertails.

So for many reasons we love to hate different teams. Bullfrogs are this years fave.
Next year may be another Club, another reason.

I'm really surprised how much we write about them. I'm hoping people can move on as there are much more terrible things in life to worry about.

It takes 20 years before something becomes funny

Couldn't give a stuff about the dogs but it has been good seeing their smug supporters wallow in **** since the GF. Des and greenturd on the other hand are a different matter.

G-land Express said:
Couldn't give a stuff about the dogs but it has been good seeing their smug supporters wallow in s**t since the GF. Des and greenturd on the other hand are a different matter.

Their supporters are the reason behind my intense dislike. Their belief of entitlement this year was disgusting. It was satisfying seeing the dismal end to their season. Once they fall back to mediocrity next year I won't give two hoots.

I urge all Manly fans to never put a stop to the hatred towards that filthy dog and all the pieces of filth that followed him like they didn't have a brain of their own. They went to a club that is pure filth. I hope it never ends.

bones said:
I urge all Manly fans to never put a stop to the hatred towards that filthy fog and all the pieces of filth that followed him like they didn't have a brain of their own. They went to a club that is pure filth. I hope it never ends.
Gee bones that seems a bit extreme. I mean, calling him a fog? Sounds like you are seeing this through the red mist.

Never.

But I agree with Nicci........beating them 40-0 in the GF will be cathartic.
Its all about their boofheaded fans and the fact that their coach set out to rip us apart.

Still bitter about Des and Crusher but respect what they did for Manly.

I DO hate the dogs, kimmorley and Greenberg more than i've ever hated anything associated with league. They make me sick.

Daniel said:
It takes 20 years before something becomes funny

Southpark!

Just so you don't think you humour is wasted.

Oh, I think I'll let it go when I start a thread about how I've let it go and hint that maybe everyone else should too!

:p

(well you did type incoming - how's that?)

MWSE said:
Once they fall back to mediocrity next year I won't give two hoots.

Yep, my hope is that Hasler and the Dogs suffer from the well-established "Brian Smith" effect: one good year, a losing grand final, and nothing but mediocrity to follow.

MadMarcus said:
I will let it go when Des leaves the Dogz, so probably about 6 to 12 months.

Forget time and forget he did good things for this club.
Des has commited TREASON against us and this club.

He tried to destroy us and then go to another club against us.
HE IS A TRAITOR TO MANLY and should never be forgiven or forgotten.

lovefooty said:
MadMarcus said:
I will let it go when Des leaves the Dogz, so probably about 6 to 12 months.

Forget time and forget he did good things for this club.
Des has commited TREASON against us and this club.

He tried to destroy us and then go to another club against us.
HE IS A TRAITOR TO MANLY and should never be forgiven or forgotten.

Spot on Lovefooty. Let me use a military analogy. It's 1942 and an Australian soldier with a Victoria Cross decides to join the Nazi's.

Do we respect his professional decision or do we line him up against a wall and shoot him?

I for one will never ever forgive and forget. I WILL maintain the rage until the day I die. He is a filthy dog.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6