Letting go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't care about the Dogs, but do care that Manly is still rebuilding what the Son of Sam destabilized or took:mad:

So I happily read about their deconstruction and know that, apart from in Greenturd's mind, all the media and RL Public see through their veneer of civility :)

Hopefully one thing that has been learned from this is to never let another coach have so much say in the running of the club......George Santayana: "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it".

SeaEagleRock8 said:
bones said:
I urge all Manly fans to never put a stop to the hatred towards that filthy fog and all the pieces of filth that followed him like they didn't have a brain of their own. They went to a club that is pure filth. I hope it never ends.
Gee bones that seems a bit extreme. I mean, calling him a fog? Sounds like you are seeing this through the red mist.

Why's that? He did play origin :p

Ralphie said:
lovefooty said:
MadMarcus said:
I will let it go when Des leaves the Dogz, so probably about 6 to 12 months.

Forget time and forget he did good things for this club.
Des has commited TREASON against us and this club.

He tried to destroy us and then go to another club against us.
HE IS A TRAITOR TO MANLY and should never be forgiven or forgotten.

Spot on Lovefooty. Let me use a military analogy. It's 1942 and an Australian soldier with a Victoria Cross decides to join the Nazi's.

Do we respect his professional decision or do we line him up against a wall and shoot him?

I for one will never ever forgive and forget. I WILL maintain the rage until the day I die. He is a filthy dog.

And this is what i mean - this sort of analogy is just way over the top

But it's understandable Isz....I think had De$ stayed here this year and announced half way through the year " I have done all I can at Manly and am looking for some new challenges so have decided not to persue a contract extension at the end of the year", that he would still be respected and talked about with fondness.

It's what went down days after a supurb Grand Final victory in 2011 that has tainted his reputation....many people on here (Mad Marcus included) are still deeply hurt by that.......so it's very understandable.

I'll never forgive him and I'll never forget what he did BUT time is a great healer and I imagine in the years to come (especially after he's screwed and stuffed up the Bullpups), I am sure we'll all be a little less "dramatic"

Mark I am still a firm believer that we do not know what happened (i.e. board tensions, when other clubs were approached etc) and most likely will never know

There are just too many agendas at our club for the "truth" to ever come out.

Ralphie if you really believe that nazi/military alanolgy you are an idiot.

Nobody died, he went for more money and better (percieved) working opportunities, pure and simple.

To equate a football club with a regime that killed millions is a bit much.

I have moved on in fact I sort of hoped they would have won, because of Des.

He allegedly moved for more money, more control and better facilities and while I hated the fact he more or less just dumped us, at the end of the day he is a great coach and a Manly legend.

If he wanted to come back in the future, I would more than welcome it but for now, he is the enemy just like bellyache and the Storm!!

Oh here we go now the usual crowd are shocked and appalled at a Nazi comparison. Deadset i've never seen people so sensitive.

G-land Express said:
Couldn't give a stuff about the dogs but it has been good seeing their smug supporters wallow in s**t since the GF. Des and greenturd on the other hand are a different matter.

It's a little similar to our post grand final club dramas. Only difference though is we won.

Four years of no dog titles should remedy the situation, not nearly as much as tooves first title. What a manly day that will be!

Whilst I'd still hate to lose to the Dogs and am no fan of how it all played out, the Storm have regained their mantlepiece in my trophy room of the team I'd still like to beat the most.

People have been critical of Tooves this year and believe we should've won the premiership with our roster. I honestly believe if Des was at the helm with coaching staff we would currently be b2b premiers.

He cost us a premiership and tried to destroy the club on his way out by poaching staff/ players. The way he undermined the club, players and fans il never forgive him for.

Napper said:
Oh here we go now the usual crowd are shocked and appalled at a Nazi comparison. Deadset i've never seen people so sensitive.

Not shocked or appalled.

Just amused at the mindset of people who can put a business decision regarding a football team on a level with the death of 6 million people.

And if thats sensitive then so be it, I know which one I put on a higher level of atrocity.

If you think they are the same then you need help.

bones said:
I urge all Manly fans to never put a stop to the hatred towards that filthy dog and all the pieces of filth that followed him like they didn't have a brain of their own. They went to a club that is pure filth. I hope it never ends.

This.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7