Let's go Shopping, your player wishlist

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
imagesK2ZVY3XU.jpg
Wicks and Bird? We are playing in the NRL, not the Australian Penal League.

Carney, Bird & Wicks in the same team. No thanks. I think we can deal with one loose cannon per season, and Carney would be ideal, because we could shape and mould him like Arko says. I think he'd return pretty cheap as well.

+ Tom Burgess is an off contract Sydney player, so he should be a priority.
+ Todd Carney / Sam Burgess should be the other two priorities.
+ Clinton Gutherson needs to play.
+ Tom Trbojevic bides time until B Stewart retires.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Clinton Gutherson
05. Peta Hiku
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Todd Carney
08. Tom Burgess
09. Matt Ballin
10. Sam Burgess
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Luke Burgess
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Jake Trbojevic

18. Josh Starling
19. Blake Leary
20. Jayden Hodges
21. Tom Trbojevic
22. Chase Blair
23. Ligi Sao
24. Jack Littlejohn
25. Tyson Andrews

(as our top 25)

I actually think this isn't a re-build team. I personally think this is a contending team, plus I think it is a better team than the one we have this year.

Players lets go:-
Daly Cherry-Evans (Gold Coast)
Kieran Foran (Eels)
David Williams (Other)
Willie Mason (Retires)
Michael Chee-Kam (QLD Cup maybe)
James Hasson

Stewart
Gutherson
Hiku
Matai
Tom Trbojevic
Lyon
DCE/Carney/Elgey
Tamou
Ballin
Lawrence
Buhrer
Mateo
Sam Burgess

Mose Masoe
Luke Burgess
Jake Trbojevic
Frank Pritchard/Tony Williams

You've done well there mate, a member since 1970, and 75 posts, that's about 1.5 a year, and even better you managed some of them before the Internet was even invented!!

Lol, sorry couldn't help myself

I would keep MCK - at a lower rate of course.

He has brought the family and they are doing well in the lower grades, keep them happy and besides he may finally learn how to putt

Carney, Bird & Wicks in the same team. No thanks. I think we can deal with one loose cannon per season, and Carney would be ideal, because we could shape and mould him like Arko says. I think he'd return pretty cheap as well.

+ Tom Burgess is an off contract Sydney player, so he should be a priority.
+ Todd Carney / Sam Burgess should be the other two priorities.
+ Clinton Gutherson needs to play.
+ Tom Trbojevic bides time until B Stewart retires.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Clinton Gutherson
05. Peta Hiku
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Todd Carney
08. Tom Burgess
09. Matt Ballin
10. Sam Burgess
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Luke Burgess
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Jake Trbojevic

18. Josh Starling
19. Blake Leary
20. Jayden Hodges
21. Tom Trbojevic
22. Chase Blair
23. Ligi Sao
24. Jack Littlejohn
25. Tyson Andrews

(as our top 25)

I actually think this isn't a re-build team. I personally think this is a contending team, plus I think it is a better team than the one we have this year.

Players lets go:-
Daly Cherry-Evans (Gold Coast)
Kieran Foran (Eels)
David Williams (Other)
Willie Mason (Retires)
Michael Chee-Kam (QLD Cup maybe)
James Hasson
Love it, definately a contenders team!

I watched the Newcastle vs Cowboys game on weekend and was very impressed with their pack. Sims and Snowden up front, Jeremy Smith, Beau Scott and Rochow in the back row and off the bench Houston, Stockwell, Fa'longo and Sione Mata'utia. A few of these players are off contract this year might be worth looking at. Dane Gagai and Joseph Leilua are a dangerous centre pairing as well - Newcastle will be hard to beat, probably the dark horse team for this years top 8.

I like all the suggestions bar carney, dont get me wrong hes a great player, just cant see him in manly colours.
Priority Targets: 1 Prop, 1 maybe 2 halves, 1 back rower
Elgey (off contract)
T.Burgess (off contract)
Tamou
Klemmer
Maloney (off contract)
Glenn (off contract)
Nikorima Brothers
R.James

Wouldnt mind someone like Masoe, Ben Henry on the cheap.
Hodkinson would be good he knows the club has a good kicking game but a last ditch option. Elgey or a nikorima would be ideal at halfback, or jimmy maloney

I dont know if i agree @Crusher_Cleal ,he played a game there for us last year when one of our halves went down and just didnt look comfortable playing 5/8
We won a competition with him at 5/8 and being thrown in there last minute is a lot different to having a whole pre-season in the role. He is still a champion, but the loss of pace is quite noticeable.

Should we entice George Rose back to Manly. Pretty sure he had a couple of man of the match awards in the Indigenous game and has done well at the Dragons thus far.
I would definitely.
He is terribly unfit still and Toovey was never a fan.

There is no way the Dogs will let Klemmer go; they know they have a future rep star on their hands and they would release Kasiano before they'd release Klemmer.

Let's get Joey Lussick back from Parra - what age is he now? Holden Cup?

What about the other young half they poached from us - Daniel Harrison's brother. He got injured water skiing - anyone heard whether he recovered?

Parra has taken many juniors from us in recent years when you look closely.

In answer to my own question:
http://www.parraeels.com.au/team/profiles/joey_lussick.html
They have him at hooker ffs - he will have no chance to get into 1st grade now behind Kieran, sandow, norman, peats etc.

Best to come home Joey - bring your brother if you like too.

Our home grown Aust schoolboys half & NSW junior rep.

1. Snake
2. Taufua
3. Gutherson
4. Matai
5. Hiku

6. Lyon

8. Tom Burgess
9. Ballin
10.Wicks
11.Buhrer
12.Symonds
13.Lui

14.Masoe
15.Lawrence
16.Luke Burgess
17.Jake Trbo

I would target big strong forwards; Tom Burgess (how will Souths compete with our offer and stay under the cap), bring Mose Masoe back from the UK, and snare Wicks from the Eels. That's a huge pack, that would scare any opposition. Put Lyon in at 5/8, he is slowing down, and find a half back that can kick. We can adopt a power game in the same mould as the Bulldogs. The modern day half just needs to feed it to the edges when the middle is stretched. It's such a structured game nowadays that creativity is not as important as go forward.

Should we entice George Rose back to Manly. Pretty sure he had a couple of man of the match awards in the Indigenous game and has done well at the Dragons thus far.
I would definitely.

Don't you think we should go after Tepai Moera...he's wasted at a team like the eels....I'm sure the guy would probably want to win a premiership sometime in his career.

I watched the Newcastle vs Cowboys game on weekend and was very impressed with their pack. Sims and Snowden up front, Jeremy Smith, Beau Scott and Rochow in the back row and off the bench Houston, Stockwell, Fa'longo and Sione Mata'utia. A few of these players are off contract this year might be worth looking at. Dane Gagai and Joseph Leilua are a dangerous centre pairing as well - Newcastle will be hard to beat, probably the dark horse team for this years top 8.
Would not complain at all if we made a play for gagai or leilua

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8