Let's all laugh at Orford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
susan, you are politely forgetting that he left the club clutching for an answer from May until the end of the year and then walked out. Yes, he has mates there, but I honestly don't know why.

Cant believe you people are failing at giving it too that Matabele fellow after what he has said. You lot need to lift your game. Discraceful.

MB he might be a genuinely nice bloke,

But we didnt pay him for putting the right brand of beer in the fridge for poker nights and being a nice guy.

ManlyBacker said:
susan, you are politely forgetting that he left the club clutching for an answer from May until the end of the year and then walked out. Yes, he has mates there, but I honestly don't know why.

I think he said there was a mutual understanding with DES that he could leave if he found a bigger pay day. The club knew he was looking and were probably ok with it.

Fro said:
MB he might be a genuinely nice bloke,

But we didnt pay him for putting the right brand of beer in the fridge for poker nights and being a nice guy.

Nope we paid him to win a comp, job done

Garts said:
ManlyBacker said:

I think he said there was a mutual understanding with DES that he could leave if he found a bigger pay day. The club knew he was looking and were probably ok with it.

F**k being ok with it. It was his own fault that he left it so long that the club realised that they were better off without him. Still doesn't alter the fact that he almost left us in a terrible situation.

Volley said:
Walked out?

The bloke didn't have a contract? How do we know Manly weren't ****ing him over?

I put up every news article that whole year. Trust me, we didn't do anything wrong, he did.

So the other 16 guys did nothing Kiwi??

Willo could have played half that day and we would have won :)

I'll take Susan's word on this one. Yes his 09 was ordinary but his other 3 were pretty good. He's now gone so time to move on.

ManlyBacker said:
Garts said:
ManlyBacker said:

F**k being ok with it. It was his own fault that he left it so long that the club realised that they were better off without him. Still doesn't alter the fact that he almost left us in a terrible situation.

That's a very unprofessional club then if you ask me.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Agree but let's not laugh, he is after all the last Manly Grand Final winning captain and for that I'll never forget him.

Well said Mark. Can't laugh at Ox after 2008. His forward pack are doing him no favours at the moment.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

Orford was great for us and he helped us win the Premiership in 08 but his best years are now behind him.

But in saying that I did laugh when he kicked off after the try in the 1st half and it didn't even make it to the 30 metre line. His kicking game isn't getting any better.

And how good was DCE's kicking? That drop out in the 2nd half made it 50 metres into the wind. Great stuff.

What a pissweak thread. 40-0 is enough for me.
Against a bunch of cap cheats Matt Orford was our skipper.
Anyone who dares to ever question that fact in any way is a treasonous tool.

what do you think they were doing with hodkinson ffs.He was a better junior than Pearce and Sandow till the injury and was killing it in Qld cup.Won a GF and player of the yearin Qld Cup.

Des had a plan and it happened to be a good fit for both him and the club if the right offer came.

oX and Des love each other MB and you saw the players tonight after the game.It really looked tonight like they have never forgiven him.Have a look ffs.It is a myth and a load of rubbish and always will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7