Let's all laugh at Orford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matabele

Journey Man
Just shows what we're not missing. Dreadful 5th tackle options, aimless forwards and backs running concentric circles, a kick-off dribbling 20 metres etc etc etc.

He is too old, he should have given it away after 2009.

Agree but let's not laugh, he is after all the last Manly Grand Final winning captain and for that I'll never forget him.

In this house we will never laugh at Orford...too many great memories. He's doing his best. I feel for the bloke.

I was thinking tonight that he was actually kicking a lot longer than he usually did when he played for us.

Agreed Mark!

Orford came to us in 06 and made us much more competitive.

Won us a premiership as captain.

I hope he bounces back and has a good season, just not when he comes up against us.

It's sad really, he perhaps should have retired BUT I'll never laugh at him, thought it was was really nice to see him chating with the boys at the end....great memories Oxy

It's hard to ever knock a player who came to Manly and did the job asked of him and was part of the greatest grand final victory in rugby league history.

It was great after the game to see him laugh it up with his old 08 teamates.

rather than laugh i feel sorry for the bloke, he left us when he did and we had time to usher in orford no biggie. the blokes to old, he looks to buff compared to what he used to, alot slower !

show some respect matabele. Regardless of whether he is in form or not, he's a premiership player for us and a dally M winner for us.

A pretty immature post indeed.

wombatgc said:
In this house we will never laugh at Orford...too many great memories. He's doing his best. I feel for the bloke.

Same, I feel sorry for the guy. Sure he should have retired a few years ago and he has probably banked million from bradford and Canberra, but that was just embarrassing tonight. When he fell over and dropped the ball on the last play that just summed up this season. He should give it up.

Matabele said:
Just shows what we're not missing. Dreadful 5th tackle options, aimless forwards and backs running concentric circles, a kick-off dribbling 20 metres etc etc etc.

He is too old, he should have given it away after 2009.
Your a cockhead mata seriously. Your a fickle bastard bet you weren't laughing at him on oct 5 2008. **** off and support another club your a disgraceful human

He did the job for us at Manly.it was obvious he was going to be a bit of a journeyman.Good luck to him in his last few years.Let him pick up a few $$$ in peace.We've won 7 Grand Finals,but have had goodness knows how many captains of Manly.He is one of a possible 7 to have captained us to GF win (and a record one,at that).I think he's earned some slack.

Laugh at him tonight?

Some of us have been laughing at him for years, why stop now?

When he is shaded by a 20 yr old halfback who just sprouted pubes, it should tell him something.

Cue Violins, Dally M medals, blah blah blah.

Junk, pure and simple, when he serves it up for them he is crap, when he did it for us (which happened all too often) he was excused because he was the messiah.

Wake up and smell the roses, he played tonight like he played for us.

Matabele said:
I'd be more forgiving if he hadn't left us precipitously.

I'm not so sure about that. Mainly because I don't know what precipitously means! ;)

Actually I really think the ending of relationship was about as mutual as you can get. He might have wanted the cash on offer from the UK, but I'm fairly certain our management team were happy to let him go as they didn't think he was going to lead us to our next premiership.

Cambo said:
Your a cockhead mata seriously. Your a fickle bastard bet you weren't laughing at him on oct 5 2008. f**k off and support another club your a disgraceful human
So classy. Who made you the gatekeeper of the true supporter club?

Seriously, a lot of people would have been hugely relieved to see that performance tonight. We can't dine out on 2008 forever.

Fro said:
Laugh at him tonight?

Wake up and smell the roses, he played tonight like he played for us.

I say he played tonight a little worse than he played in 2009. 2009 was diabolical but he is older and slower now. He was well compensated by the club to play with us, and he failed to deliver after 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8