Let’s get a big crowd at Brookie for this Saturday (against Penrith)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Eagles Nest 78

Reserve Grader
We have Brett Stewart, Steve Matai, and Matt Ballin official farewells plus most important game for us.

Kids sports has finished and Saturday’s forecast is 22oc & Sunny. The sun sets at 5.38pm (getting later now), so a perfect day for late afternoon into the early evening (our under 20's game is important as well for the top 8).

The pubs around Bookie will be pumping. Not only you have Brookie Pub – you now have all of these micro-breweries all very close to Brookie Oval now (aka 'Lottoland').

Dad & Dave's Brewing - 2/1 Chard Rd, Brookvale (3 mins from the oval) – is a gem with their own beers at their brewery bar and Saturday’s they have food trucks outside their premises.

Also you have Nomads at 5 Sydenham Rd, Brookvale (again also has food) and then 4 Pines – Truck Bar in a factory area off Winbourne Rd in the largest of the micro-breweries in Brookvale.

Nice touch for pre-drinks venues in Brookvale and of course the Leagues Club.

Get some tickets and out to the game. Hoping 15,000+ crowd.

These microbrew guys should set up a stand on the Hill :pointup:

Brookie will be packed - start queueing from 2pm to get your favourite blade of Brookie grass :happy:

We have Brett Stewart, Steve Matai, and Matt Ballin official farewells plus most important game for us.

Kids sports has finished and Saturday’s forecast is 22oc & Sunny. The sun sets at 5.38pm (getting later now), so a perfect day for late afternoon into the early evening (our under 20's game is important as well for the top 8).

The pubs around Bookie will be pumping. Not only you have Brookie Pub – you now have all of these micro-breweries all very close to Brookie Oval now (aka 'Lottoland').

Dad & Dave's Brewing - 2/1 Chard Rd, Brookvale (3 mins from the oval) – is a gem with their own beers at their brewery bar and Saturday’s they have food trucks outside their premises.

Also you have Nomads at 5 Sydenham Rd, Brookvale (again also has food) and then 4 Pines – Truck Bar in a factory area off Winbourne Rd in the largest of the micro-breweries in Brookvale.

Nice touch for pre-drinks venues in Brookvale and of course the Leagues Club.

Get some tickets and out to the game. Hoping 15,000+ crowd.
We used to get closer to 18,000 to 20,000 for a game like this. I'd be really disappointed if only 15,000 turned up, surely we can do better than that ......

agree microbrewery option is on my hit list too .....

These microbrew guys should set up a stand on the Hill :pointup:

Brookie will be packed - start queueing from 2pm to get your favourite blade of Brookie grass :happy:
I've been pleasantly surprised to have been able to purchase squires at the games this year. But real microbrews welcome too. A tent with taps would sell out no risk.

Reserve seating almost fully sold out on ticketmaster – that’s a good sign. I think we can crack 16,000+. It will be great if we did hit a 18,000 crowd (that is a pack Brookie Oval these days). Tell people to buy their tickets in advance !

Nomad sponsor the Marlins and are set up at Manly Oval on game days. Lucky Marlins fans.

Meanwhile Brookie gets rancid Tooheys New and cats piss masquerading as craft beer (150 Lashes).
So the obvious solution is for these Brookie Brewers to form a co-operation and become a Sponsor of Manly.

Then the Hillites can imbibe their brew :happy:

As an added bonus, Kate McClymont will feature them in salacious poses with Manly players on the front pages of the SMH :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10