Les Norton tv series

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
For all the fans of the Robert G Barrett (don't hold the last name against him) books, and I know there are quite a few on ST, the Les Norton 10 part series starts on ABC 8.30 tonight.
Though based in the 80s it will be interesting to see how they've adapted Les to today's world.
Anyway can't wait and I know there's the obvious league theme in it so let's see...

Loved those Les Norton books. Might have to catch it on iView as I'll be watching Ashes tonight.

A fair few changes but I think they nailed it.
Reckon Les was about right and that's the most important.
He can bloody throw em...

For all the fans of the Robert G Barrett (don't hold the last name against him) books, and I know there are quite a few on ST, the Les Norton 10 part series starts on ABC 8.30 tonight.
Though based in the 80s it will be interesting to see how they've adapted Les to today's world.
Anyway can't wait and I know there's the obvious league theme in it so let's see...
Oh you bloody champion! Read all his books twice. Met him once in a memorable night I’ll never forget.
I used to think Dylan Napa would be a good Les. Then watching the Raiders game the other night and that young bloke Corey Horsburg got in a bit of push and shove, I thought that’s the new Les.
Off to iview now, fuuck the cricket.

Oh you bloody champion! Read all his books twice. Met him once in a memorable night I’ll never forget.
I used to think Dylan Napa would be a good Les. Then watching the Raiders game the other night and that young bloke Corey Horsburg got in a bit of push and shove, I thought that’s the new Les.
Off to iview now, fuuck the cricket.
Yeah that young raider would be a great choice.
Imagine trying to get napa to remember his lines lol...

If anyone watches this show and lol it doesn't appear many did, but if you do, Try and spot our one and only Ian Roberts...

I reckon they’ve got the main cast spot-on. And they’re keeping the great Bobby Barrett slang in as well.
David Wenham is a great actor...does a nice cheeky Price.
And then some favourites from Rake in Kate Box, and everyone’s hard man Steve Le Marquand, either as a dirty cop, or bashing Cleaver Green.
Yep spotted Robbo. He’ll be in next week as well.
Of course can’t leave out the great 80’s bands they played. The Divinyls, Mental as Anything, and Pseudo Echo.

*** seriously anyone that used to party in and around the Cross and Bondi in the 80’s should check it out. Doesn’t matter if you haven’t read the books, it’s Aussie larrikinism at its finest.

Last edited:
I reckon they’ve got the main cast spot-on. And they’re keeping the great Bobby Barrett slang in as well.
David Wenham is a great actor...does a nice cheeky Price.
And then some favourites from Rake in Kate Box, and everyone’s hard man Steve Le Marquand, either as a dirty cop, or bashing Cleaver Green.
Yep spotted Robbo. He’ll be in next week as well.
Of course can’t leave out the great 80’s bands they played. The Divinyls, Mental as Anything, and Pseudo Echo.

*** seriously anyone that used to party in and around the Cross and Bondi in the 80’s should check it out. Doesn’t matter if you haven’t read the books, it’s Aussie larrikinism at its finest.
Spot on mate.
I watched it again with a more critical eye and the only thing I could find was give Les a bloody trim.
Other than that they nailed it.

Spot on mate.
I watched it again with a more critical eye and the only thing I could find was give Les a bloody trim.
Other than that they nailed it.
I can’t wait to see wether they tone down not only the sex scenes, but some of the names Barrett would come up with as far as sex acts and genitalia are concerned. If they go with Bob, they’ll have to change it to an ‘R’ rating. And that is being kind.No one could describe a sexual act (good or bad) as descriptive as Bob.

I can’t wait to see wether they tone down not only the sex scenes, but some of the names Barrett would come up with as far as sex acts and genitalia are concerned. If they go with Bob, they’ll have to change it to an ‘R’ rating. And that is being kind.No one could describe a sexual act (good or bad) as descriptive as Bob.
Or Mr Wobbly...

Seven episodes in. Really liking David Wenham as Price Galese. I don’t think they got Billy Dunn right, or Eddie for that matter, he was a lot harder and fuucked in the head in the books. And I flat out hate anything to do with Rebel Wilson. How she’s scored the Hollywood success is still a mystery to me. I knew the ABC would tone things down, but they’ve beiged things right down. I do like Kate Box. She was great in Rake also.

Seven episodes in. Really liking David Wenham as Price Galese. I don’t think they got Billy Dunn right, or Eddie for that matter, he was a lot harder and fuucked in the head in the books. And I flat out hate anything to do with Rebel Wilson. How she’s scored the Hollywood success is still a mystery to me. I knew the ABC would tone things down, but they’ve beiged things right down. I do like Kate Box. She was great in Rake also.
Yeah agree mate.
Rebel Wilson is absolutely low rent.
In anything I've had the misfortune of seeing her in.
Les is as good as and Robbo as foghorn is hilarious and I'm enjoying the series but I think the ABC could be a bit more sinister with it.
Next week should be a ripper when he takes to the footy field.
Trust him to play for easts.
Funny I can't remember Kate box in rake.
Been a year or so since it was though.

Yeah agree mate.
Rebel Wilson is absolutely low rent.
In anything I've had the misfortune of seeing her in.
Les is as good as and Robbo as foghorn is hilarious and I'm enjoying the series but I think the ABC could be a bit more sinister with it.
Next week should be a ripper when he takes to the footy field.
Trust him to play for easts.
Funny I can't remember Kate box in rake.
Been a year or so since it was though.
She played Cleavers secretary Nicole.Then she ended up shagging Barnyard.

She played Cleavers secretary Nicole.Then she ended up shagging Barnyard.

Yeah that's it.
Didn't know it was her though.
Hope they bring that show back.
They changed tack in the last one to the political world which I thought was ok.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4