left side defence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kalvin

Bencher
No secret this is our weakest side in defence with jeorge/kelly & Green out there and will continue to be targeted for the next few games atleast. ..

In kellys defence he is still young, I really feel that green is a liability and needs a "bodyguard" style second rower defending him (I.e a Beau scott for jamie soward type) - as this defensive structure needs immediate attention. .. not sure if we have the cattle though

Don't forget Frankenstein as well. He tends to get the rushes on that side too. Hard to tell at the ground but there was someone on that side that had a problem counting today. Those two Kafusi tries were carbon copies.

We have improved as an attacking side on last year. Unfortunately we are as bad as last year still in defense. This comes back entirely om the coaching staff. It's not acceptable to conceed 30+ a game as we're doing now. Something has to change.
I don't think we are anywhere near as bad as last year in defence. We conceded 20 points in three weeks against the cows, dogs and chooks and no points against Melbourne in the second half (also good defence against the eels) however, this left side is pathetic without linespeed. They need a reshuffle if they don't improve (every try I believe was scored on their side today!!!! Last week similar)

Kelly's just not getting the support he needs from his inside men, there's no way he should be one on one so often 5 meters out from his goal line, that lack of cover is also forcing Jorge to stay in too far. Greens just too slow coming across and Frank can't stay in the defensive line. Tough gig for a kid playing year one in 1st grade. Not sure how many centres would stop Kafusi one on one that close to the line. Melbourne love playing that right edge, it's Cronks natural side. I didnt see the Dragons game last week but that Melbourne spine are unstoppable once they pinpoint a weakness.

Could be scary if Blake Austin runs amok on the right next week.

i was in the arko stand today & i hate to admit it but the storm stacked that side extremely well. one tackle there was enough defenders to mark each player & next thing they had 2 - 3 extra players down that side.
it seemed like they had a couple of players lurking behind the play the ball until they were told where to pop up & then as the ball moved they were there to create an overlap. it was great to watch-if you forget that it was done by the storm.

I mentioned last week that Green is missing Proctor. Winterstein and Sirro aren't going to be his shadow so we'll have to go to plan B, which I thought after the first cpl tries they would. Tommy needs to be up in the line between Green and Kelly when the opposition is in our ten.
Green is a liability in defence.And if the other teams didn't know that, they sure do now.

I've spoken to a few RL experts (coaches etc.) and they all told me to be wary of Blake Green's defence and that he was extremely well protected at the Storm and could struggle without a bodyguard (as someone else mentioned earlier in the thread).

My fears have been realised. He doesn't push off the line hard and make decisions, he simply props, puts his arms out like an aeroplane and ball watches. That was some of the poorest defence from a 5/8 I have ever seen today; it was embarrassing.

I've spoken to a few RL experts (coaches etc.) and they all told me to be wary of Blake Green's defence and that he was extremely well protected at the Storm and could struggle without a bodyguard (as someone else mentioned earlier in the thread).

My fears have been realised. He doesn't push off the line hard and make decisions, he simply props, puts his arms out like an aeroplane and ball watches. That was some of the poorest defence from a 5/8 I have ever seen today; it was embarrassing.
What about tafua?

The left side was exposed severely with the amount of possession and the roll on the storm got early in the first 1/2
I ask the question if that left hand side is that poor why didn't the storm put on another 20 down that side in the 2nd 1/2
If you let a team start on 1/2 way too many times with 70 % of possession holes will appear that left hand side was on the back foot most of the 1st 1/2 it wasn't until we started getting back into that game they couldn't expose that left side
There are reason's why it happened so it can be fixed
This is how our season will pan out good wins and bad losses this team is rebuilding to make the 8 will be overachieving but this team is capable of overachieving

Even if the Storm attacked our right hand side they still would of scored, our defensive line was poo

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6