left side defence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
i was in the arko stand today & i hate to admit it but the storm stacked that side extremely well. one tackle there was enough defenders to mark each player & next thing they had 2 - 3 extra players down that side.
it seemed like they had a couple of players lurking behind the play the ball until they were told where to pop up & then as the ball moved they were there to create an overlap. it was great to watch-if you forget that it was done by the storm.
Wasn't Green telling us all before the game with Brandy that's exactly what they would do. Fuk me how hard was it for Barrett to see where they were targetting and adjust and stack our left side defense. It's pretty basic sht that no one in this club can seem to grasp these days. It's why in 18 months of coaching Barrett doesn't exhibit an ability to adapt and change plans during a game to accommodate deficiency.

Wasn't Green telling us all before the game with Brandy that's exactly what they would do. Fuk me how hard was it for Barrett to see where they were targetting and adjust and stack our left side defense. It's pretty basic sht that no one in this club can seem to grasp these days. It's why in 18 months of coaching Barrett doesn't exhibit an ability to adapt and change plans during a game to accommodate deficiency.
I would seriously entertain the idea bringing back MATAI surely as injured as he is he would not let in soft tries.

Jorge can tackle one on one....Green can't.

100% correct. Jorge's reads defensively may not be sound but Green cannot hold his man one on one plain and simple. I'm not talking about large bodies either, you look at Gutherson in Rd 1 when he dropped off him 5m out from the try line and went over to score and again yesterday close to the line was horrible.

100% correct. Jorge's reads defensively may not be sound but Green cannot hold his man one on one plain and simple. I'm not talking about large bodies either, you look at Gutherson in Rd 1 when he dropped off him 5m out from the try line and went over to score and again yesterday close to the line was horrible.
Yup zero line defence commitment..He will be targeted all year

What about tafua?
Not his fault, both he and Kelly were forced to move in due to green's shocking defence. The left edge allowed 6 tries in, that's not good enough. I'm putting almost all the blame on green. Watch Green in the highlights and you can just see how poor he was

It isn't all on Kelly and Tafua, the issue is further in as others have pointed out. It starts with Winterstein and Green - Winterstein often rushes out, Green slides backwards and gives too much room to the attack and by the time the offence gets to Kelly and Tafua the damage is done.

We don't anticipate, or react quickly enough to shifts in attack. We aren't pushing up as a line in defence and either stay on our heals, or slide back giving way too much room to our opponents. When we were winning we were far more aggressive in defence and moved up as a unit.

There is no doubt the Storm targeted Green. It was as blatant as it gets.

I thought Winterstein was at fault by coming in on the 1st runner and leaving Green exposed

The point is that Winterstein is doing the reading and it is up to Green to follow him up and in, or slide out with him as needed. The defence only fails catastrophically when that combined structure does not occur.

Yesterday Frank was reading what was in front of him, and acting, Green was trying to read what they might do and was hesitating .

Green is one of the best defensive halves in the game. They worked him over yesterday. But it's each side of him which needs too, and will improve. One bad game doesn't make a season.

Jorge is a completely different story. No excuse for leaving his man, each week.. Nor not even contesting bombs each week.

Green is one of the best defensive halves in the game. .

I havent seen yesterdays game, actually only seen us play 3 times this year, but you must be looking at a different player.

The Storm had a minder (Kevin Proctor) on him for the past two seasons because he is ineffective in defence.

I am not the coach here but adjust to the problem area.
Move tom into defensive line and put jake as edge defender with green.the other issue no line speed slidng backwards a huge no no on your line.
Use up and in compressed defence ala the dogs traditional style since day dot.
But this is for trent to figure out, line speed been an issue since he coaching has started

I havent seen yesterdays game, actually only seen us play 3 times this year, but you must be looking at a different player.

The Storm had a minder (Kevin Proctor) on him for the past two seasons because he is ineffective in defence.
This is i believe jake job he our best defender in the pigs.

Green is one of the best defensive halves in the game. They worked him over yesterday. But it's each side of him which needs too, and will improve. One bad game doesn't make a season.

Jorge is a completely different story. No excuse for leaving his man, each week.. Nor not even contesting bombs each week.
He is one of the worst and keeps proving it each week. There is not a winger in the game that would have done anything different to Jorge yesterday.

The I guess you must have seen even fewer Storm games.
Proctor has been a right side second rower for about the last 8 years, Green was stationed on the left during his stint at Storm.

Are you sure? Tohu Harris played on the left all year, although I think he did fill in at centre once or twice. I distinctly recall Proctor on the right running off Cronk passes to score in different games...?

You know what Saturday with our left edge reminded me of? Last year when Wiliame was playing wing in the early rounds outside of Killer (ironically on our right) who at that stage had lost all confidence in the curse. Killer was trying, with a failing body, to do the defensive work of two and his own defense suffered as a result. That is what I saw with Jorge on Saturday, he was trying to help cover both Green and Kelly inside him (where was Winterstein??) and it often left his wing exposed.

I know Jorge copped some flack on social media for leaving his wing with 'bad reads', but damn the guy was trying to cover 3 holes with one body and against a side run by Cronk, Smith and Slater that is nigh on impossible.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8