Lean forwards are the way of the future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can we stop bringing up people’s pasts? Sure... it’s not flash, but who are we to say he hasn’t sorted out the abusive area of his life?
How long ago did he call the referee a spastic?
How long ago did he post a video of himself blowing smoke at the camera whilst listening to gasta rap?
How long ago did he walk out on his Manly contract to 'get out of Sydney'?
How long ago did he make 'crying gestures' at the Raiders fans?
How long ago did he stick his middle finger up at Knights fan?
How long ago was he wearing a bum bag?

it's all in the past though ;-)

He doesn't need to be a choir boy but he strikes me a complete ****wit...you don't have to agree.

How long ago did he post a video of himself blowing smoke at the camera whilst listening to gasta rap?

He doesn't need to be a choir boy but he strikes me a complete ****wit...you don't have to agree.
I was referring to him beating up his girlfriend as being in his distant past... but I take your point

A bum bag??? Thats Blasphemy! Lol

I agree mobility is king atm, but by 2025 we will have had 463 new rule changes, 192 new interpretations, backlash, backflips and 5 retro rounds. Its hard enough to recruit, but how would a 17 yo forward feel right now as he prepares his body shape and style for a shot at a footy career

No idea for youth, no idea on recruitment stemmig from no idea at NRL headquarters

After another year of blowouts due to the pace of the game , poor recruitment by brisbane , we could be playing 4 x 20 minute quarters with an 10 man bench, unlimited interchange , scrums with only one team packing at refs discretion with teams able to nominate a quarter where all the points they score are doubled. Wealthy benefactors will be able to purchase extra points and donate them

horseracing will be run on the touchlines to increase gambling revenue and female referees dressed in lingere will mud wrestle at halftime in a giant KFC bucket.

Scorelines will be considered an indicator of a result but fans will sms there preferred result which will be both final, and subject to change to protect the integrity of the prefered financial outcomes to the product

Last edited:
I was referring to him beating up his girlfriend as being in his distant past... but I take your point
fair enough...I think I am just fed up with Manly's culture and glad that one questionable piece of it will be overseas next year. If you look at the Roosters and Melbourne, they really value culture and undertake a rigorous screening process before they sign players...no surprises that they are the two most successful clubs of the modern era. As soon as Curtis Scott started playing up, Bellyache shipped him out. You could argue Chooks put up with Mitchell Pearce but the worst he did was simulate a sex act with a dog...haha.

Manly on the other hand...we sign criminals for a living.

the bum bag was the last straw for me. Next he will be wearing a bum bag and crocs together.

I agree mobility is king atm, but by 2025 we will have had 463 new rule changes, 192 new interpretations, backlash, backflips and 5 retro rounds. Its hard enough to recruit, but how would a 17 forward feel right now as he prepares his body shape and style for a shot at a footy career

No idea for youth, no idea on recruitment stemmig from no idea at NRL headquarters

After another year of blowouts due to the pace of the game , poor recruiment by brisbane we could be playing 4 x 20 minute quaters with an 10 man bench, unlimited interchange , scrums with only one team packing as refs discretion with teams able to nominate a quarter where all the points they score are doubled. Wealthy benefactors will be able to purchase extra points and donate them

horseracing will be run on the touchlines to increase gambling revenue and female referees dressed in lingere will mud wrestle at halftime in a giant KFC bucket.

Scorelines will be considered an indicator of a result but fans will sms there preferred result which will be both final, and subject to change to protect the integrity of the prefered financial outcomes to the product
I take your point, and very imaginatively expressed, thank you!

Just needed the bum bag point. Warrants no respect and no support on here. Great player but manly can't have players that wear bum bags. Terrible example for the young players.

I think this is somewhat a coping mechanism for AFB leaving.

AFB is huge but he is extremely mobile. I remember most of us saying that a few months ago... now he's gone I guess he's too big?

End of the day the bloke is a beast and I would say the best prop in the comp.

The positive is that we do have the opportunity to balance the squad out, and that he probably wasn't the best for culture. It's onto Des and the club to fill the holes (and I guess pray for an injury free year)

Paseka is huge and fast but AFB is also quick for his pace.

Asofa solomona has become less ffective it seems, so I understand your point. But there definitely still is room for the huge man - Paulo, AFB, JWH for example.

Lets just hope Des can plug the holes and sign some talent to accompany our huge gap between experienced star players, and young kids. There isn't much in the middle.

Just needed the bum bag point. Warrants no respect and no support on here. Great player but manly can't have players that wear bum bags. Terrible example for the young players.
It's indicative of his 'persona' so sarcasm aside, the point stands that we don't need 'gangsta' types in our ranks. Bags are for chicks too man.

It's indicative of his 'persona' so sarcasm aside, the point stands that we don't need 'gangsta' types in our ranks. Bags are for chicks too man.
That Gangsta culture needs eradicating , it’s absolute bull**** and cannot be any good for team harmony.

No doubting Fainu’s skill level BUT he’s tied up in that crap as well.

That Gangsta culture needs eradicating , it’s absolute bull**** and cannot be any good for team harmony.

No doubting Fainu’s skill level BUT he’s tied up in that crap as well.
Yeah it's a huge concern. Fainu is a perfect example of what can happen when u sign these types of characters. Innocent as he may be, he hangs out with a bad crowd so there is increased risk of issues popping up. Our cap and premiership opportunities are directly impacted by the behaviour of the players in our squad.

Does anyone think that the rules will stay as they are after the end of this season ? I suppose it will be interesting as always to see how they bend them for Origin, but I am guessing that the NRL will undertake some sort of season review, and decide that the number of injuries and blowout scores was just a little too much, and will revise / temper the rules somewhat, and we may need to go back to having some real props in the mix.

Thoughts anyone ?

I think this is somewhat a coping mechanism for AFB leaving.

AFB is huge but he is extremely mobile. I remember most of us saying that a few months ago... now he's gone I guess he's too big?

End of the day the bloke is a beast and I would say the best prop in the comp.

The positive is that we do have the opportunity to balance the squad out, and that he probably wasn't the best for culture. It's onto Des and the club to fill the holes (and I guess pray for an injury free year)

Paseka is huge and fast but AFB is also quick for his pace.

Asofa solomona has become less ffective it seems, so I understand your point. But there definitely still is room for the huge man - Paulo, AFB, JWH for example.

Lets just hope Des can plug the holes and sign some talent to accompany our huge gap between experienced star players, and young kids. There isn't much in the middle.
I think he has footwork, yes, but as for actual mobility, well we saw how he went when he was shifted to second-row against parramatta in rd 25 last year. Not only was he far too slow, but opposition changes in direction and defencive shifts embarrassed him many times. He has good footwork when running a simple prop hitup, then twists and turns a little in the tackle but I think the ideal forwards in today's game are slim, fast, work-horse and strong like Welch, Tupouinua, Niokorei (very underrated), Matterson (tigers edition), Radley and Murray.

I think he has footwork, yes, but as for actual mobility, well we saw how he went when he was shifted to second-row against parramatta in rd 25 last year. Not only was he far too slow, but opposition changes in direction and defencive shifts embarrassed him many times. He has good footwork when running a simple prop hitup, then twists and turns a little in the tackle but I think the ideal forwards in today's game are slim, fast, work-horse and strong like Welch, Tupouinua, Niokorei (very underrated), Matterson (tigers edition), Radley and Murray.
I see your point but the guys you listed are second rowers. Welch is Tolman like and really not 'fast and mobile' at least not more than AFB. Tupouniua is running off the back of JWH and Taukiaho - they are not the 'modern day' forwards, they are mobile yes but every prop is stil somewhat mobile today. Matterson is running off the back of Paulo. Murray running off the back of Burgess and Knight/Tatola.

Papalii is still one of the best in the comp and he is a similar player to AFB.

I understand what you mean but you can't have a team of second rowers. Having a big boy like Marty / Addin still provides value, especially given you have good backrowers (which we do not).

Sironen isn't that mobile anymore and has lost his passing game. Tupouniua would be a perfect signing but again would probably play back row for us.

@The better Robbo ... I remember back in the day ... the boffins at the AIS wrote the specifications for body types in different sports, then set about trying to recruit the right candidates for sports like rowing from the athletic clubs, convincing some track and field athletes to switch sports ... it is all well and good ... and makes sense ... but there will always be those exceptions that just defy logic .. I remember seeing the girls in the 200m medley at one of the Olympics lined up on the blocks .... and there was tall skinny ones, tall muscly ones, short athletic ones and a chubby ..

Like how the hell can a hippopotamus run at 50km's ...

and how the hell can a snake with no arms and no legs, swim faster than me, climb trees better than me, and run bloody faster than me ....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4