Lean forwards are the way of the future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd be interested in seeing the average winning margin for all games this season. I can't recall ever seeing so many blow-outs. The defending premiers conceding 60? Surely that has never happened.
Teams will have to adapt or face being continuously bottom 8.

I don’t think things will change anytime soon and not whilst PVL is in charge.

Watching the Panthers yesterday, it is not hard to see why they are on a 15 game winning streak....

They are lean, mobile, youthful and fast. We have the complete opposite.

The only player with genuine speed in our entire squad is Tom T and he has been injured most of the year.

Our forwards are big and lack genuine speed. No wonder we struggled with the increased speed this year. We need to go in a different direction now that the wrestle is working its way out of the game. Glad AFB is going for that very reason but we need to make other adjustments to the squad.

It's a real shame Hethrington won't be coming because he is the perfect type of prop under the new rules. He still has that aggression but in a much leaner and zippy frame.

What are people's best 17 for next year with a shift in speed and size coming into the equation?
Hetherington has the perfect build for the modern day forward. Massive but mobile and quick. I also watched the Broncos game and that Haas will be better than AFB. Such a big unit but such a good motor and athletic. No one still come close to taumalomo though!

I think Manly are heading towards the more mobile fit forwards chasing players like Garner. Not a super star but good footy player who is fit and can play strong for 80 mins

Have you seen Junior Paulo play the ball ?
Compare that to AFB
You are right JP does play the ball very fast for his size but AFBs size is still destructive
AFB He is a bowling bowl and would be an asset to any team . He is one of the highest paid front rowers

I think both Davey and Garner fit that job description for back rowers ...

What about Saddler as a prop ... he also looked pretty lean and mobile ??

Also think you need a mix ... one or two low built wrecking balls ... with one or two of the leaner, rangy types ...
Is Saddler even signed next year? I can't find anything that says he is signed beyond this year. I thought he looked the goods the small amount I have seen of him

Watching the Panthers yesterday, it is not hard to see why they are on a 15 game winning streak....

They are lean, mobile, youthful and fast. We have the complete opposite.

The only player with genuine speed in our entire squad is Tom T and he has been injured most of the year.

Our forwards are big and lack genuine speed. No wonder we struggled with the increased speed this year. We need to go in a different direction now that the wrestle is working its way out of the game. Glad AFB is going for that very reason but we need to make other adjustments to the squad.

It's a real shame Hethrington won't be coming because he is the perfect type of prop under the new rules. He still has that aggression but in a much leaner and zippy frame.

What are people's best 17 for next year with a shift in speed and size coming into the equation?

Lean forwards are the way of the future, someone like the off contract Bryce Cartwright....get onto it Manly!

How about slumping forwards, head on knees and holding back the tears as you watch the **** our team dishes up week after week?

Papa is a mobile forward. He may be roundish, but he was originally a backrower and has plenty of leg speed. He is certainly not what people consider to be a man mountain.
He is not a lean bean either

You are right JP does play the ball very fast for his size but AFBs size is still destructive
AFB He is a bowling bowl and would be an asset to any team . He is one of the highest paid front rowers
He is also fat, blows smoke into the camera, dresses like a gansta and was charged for beating up his girlfriend and he left Manly to go elsewhere but you keep up your man crush mate!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4