Leagues Club Live

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
3 questions.
1. Why are all the disgruntled posters now happy ,or should it be gruntled(seems like nothing changed) ?
2.Still !, What the ###K is a centre of excellence ? Cant we call it Brooky reno ?
giphy.gif

Thanks @The Wheel , @Mitch , @Slide and others for re-capping the meeting. Much appreciated.

Special mention to @lsz , who at the start did his very best in deleting all the non-info posts so we didn't have to read through the (what I'll assume) was demountable style jokes at the start.

Also if , according to Mr Cousins, the best thing about ST is @Mark from Brisbane and Ryan's posts..... well...... I just hope Dan gets some of that centre of excellence money thrown his way! (el oh el)

To those who want to read the more important posts, you can go up to the right, click on search, type in the member's name whose posts you want to read in the space provided, click on search this thread only, and read away. So, if you're a middle + aged white man, you'll now be confused. You're welcome and good morning!

Great tip

The member whose name is
“ Error - the following error occurred “ sure has a lot of posts in my search

Thanks for letting us all know much appreciated ! Did anyone there get the vibe that they will be signing John Cartwright as coach ?
Not really but as said elsewhere it was mentioned by Lyall that is something we will be happy about. What that means I don’t know - my guess was it would be someone else but that is based on nothing in fact.

In regards to Matt Ballin he was just ‘one piece of the Jig Saw puzzle’ around coaching and they are putting that puzzle together.

Not really but as said elsewhere it was mentioned by Lyall that is something we will be happy about. What that means I don’t know - my guess was it would be someone else but that is based on nothing in fact.

In regards to Matt Ballin he was just ‘one piece of the Jig Saw puzzle’ around coaching and they are putting that puzzle together.

You would have to conclude that if they read ST to get a feel for supporter sentiment, then Cartwright will not be the coach if they are saying the coaching announcement will make people happy.

That's my take on it anyway.

Any indication that A P I , Siro and Suli have been re signed . Certainly good work The Wheel , hope that you enjoyed your meal and well deserved beer .

Great reporting guys. I think a better Brooky along with the determination Lyall and Penn show should not be underestimated... while we all look forward to a new coach and some big signings, hard truth is it's not going to be resolved overnight and with the microscope well and truly on Manly we have very little chance of getting any marquee signings. Happy Marty stays I think. Would love to see some of the younger guys step up and show the NRL some manly spirit :) Good job

Well sounds like they had some great WORDS last night. Good on Gorman for arranging this.
All i have to say is:

Last edited:
You would have to conclude that if they read ST to get a feel for supporter sentiment, then Cartwright will not be the coach if they are saying the coaching announcement will make people happy.

That's my take on it anyway.

I know he’s family but zorba has hung on for a long time given how well he’s regarded here though it’s been noted he’s been a bit different in his articles lately

I attended and asked a few questions. Both Lyle and Scott are good performers with a microphone. I came away more confident that the club has a future, even though very few specifics were given.
A few points not covered earlier:
Q: Does the NRL have a problem with Manly? A: "The NRL is showing more transparency now." My take: A number of clubs have issues with the NRL but they seem to be listening more now.
Q: Our salary cap fine. A: "We were naive not fraudulent. We presented evidence that other clubs also use 'best endeavours' to top up players salaries. We have among the lowest TPA yet we got pinged. Go figure? The NRL has changed the rules now." My take: The club is very angry that it got singled out.
Q: Player contracts? Brian Kelly was the one name provided who will be given a contract upgrade. We need greater depth." My take: The club needs to follow Silvertails' YARTS more closely.
Q: Closer links to Christchurch, NZ? "They are sending two of their promising juniors to train with us." My take: The club is working on strengthening its links and there will be another match taken to Christchurch next season but we'll still be taking our second 'home' match to Suncorp for financial reasons.
Q: Trent Barrett? A: "He's a very good young man. I've never had a cross word with him," - Lyle. My take: Lyle did not say we would have a new coach, therefore, TB could still be our coach next season. I doubt there will be a new 'name' coach appointed but there will be more help for him, particularly on fitness and defence.
Q: Our future? "Investment is not the issue. There will be some minor improvements to our training facilities. We are committed to Lottoland. 141 applications received for our Recruitment Manager role."
Q: Brookie upgrade. A: "There have been many 'pie-in-the-sky' proposals in the past. We are working with Cox Architects on a Masterplan for the precinct that includes residential apartments up to 10-storeys. By bringing in new residents to the precinct it will revitalise the area and provide sufficient revenue to upgrade Lottoland to a 15,000-seat stadium. My take: Scott is making sense but it will be a long process. There is no suggestion that we have a plan to play other than at Brookie. If we have a winning team crowds will return, regardless of the condition of the ground.
Q: Why can't the local junior league play curtain raisers to the NRL at Brookie, instead of having just one match? "Good idea worth considering. The Reserve grade draw is out of the club's control."
Q: The media? "A lot of incorrect reports. We'll be more active in refuting wrong media reports" My take: I hope so.

My question is who was the poster that asked did they club monitor Silvertails??

To all those that provided insight for those unable or unwilling to attend , many thanks to you all.from the upbeat contributions you all sounded like it was an enjoyable noght. To take the time during this night to keep us abreast makes it all the more noble

I especially like how in some ways you had an unwritten moral duty to keep the ST community informed , speaks highly of the people you are , and what dan has created. It also suggest there is a level of respect in the community, despite the minor skimishes that can flare up.

Anyway i think it was a proud night for silvertails,
To quote Jeff Fenech. Mumble mumble mumble luv use all

So to , @Mitch , @Slide , @The Wheel , and @Dan and anyone else who contributed thank you for the warm and fuzzy feelings .nthe club stuff was good but i found this better

If I left someone out, it was an oversight. And oversights are my specialty but cheers to the forgotten posters. You will not be forgotten whoever you were

Cheers big ears

Disclaimer. I dont know if you have big ears. Its merely a saying. If you have freak gigantor ears it was a coincidence and i was not inferring anything sinister about proportion issues from the neck up. Besides its alleged big ears and my account was hacked. Not the nice stuff, that was me , but anything you didnt like was russian hackers

Adios silvertails and the russian dudes and dudesses

Oooo and @The Who , just saw who was there, probably on first base. Phew good job

Revised praise to everyone who attended and contributed to providing feedback and info at the meeting .

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10