Lawton a gun

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He is our best "available" number nine right now. Croker is playing great at the moment, and deserves his spot as nine. God know he has had to work hard to get that spot. Lawton is a better nine, but for 2021 the best role he can play for the team, is to keep doing exactly what he is doing right now. i.e Covering 11,12,13 in a starting role when required, and utility role off the bench, when we have all of our best players available.
I find it a no question asked at full strength and could end up the best master stroke signing since Jamie Lyon....dont get me wrong....not comparing him to this legend....but exactly what we needed at the right time and Lawton could well ink his own name in manly folklore in coming years

So who gets the #14. Walker or Lawton. Gotta say Walker was outstanding in that 2nd half but Lawton has been a revelation.
14. Walker
15. Lawton
16. Keppie
17. Sipley

When Aloiai comes back I have him in for Sipley, and its real hard to drop Sipley out of that team, the way he has been playing.
This assumes of course that we have our strongest (available) pack to choose from. (Schuster, Jake, Aloiai will all make that 17)

Last edited:
It's a tough one. You have to ask yourself, who is the best centre at our club? Walker, Parker, Suli, Harper, and the answer is simple, it's Walker, and he needs to play there full strength.

Full Strength (no Fainu, Davey, Boyle available)

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker / Morgan Harper
04. Dylan Walker / Brad Parker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Karl Lawton / Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Josh Schuster
12. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lachlan Croker / Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Toafofoa Sipley / Curtis Sironen

That means two of the following miss out: Morgan Harper, Brad Parker, Toafofoa Sipley, Curtis Sironen....which two is beyond me.

The alternative is if you drop either Croker or Lawton, play Parker / Harper, move Walker to utility, but you are taking away from the quality of the starting 17 if we are being honest with ourselves in this route.

Going great guns Lawton, adds heaps of energy, come the Bulldogs game with Schuster back we will get a look at how Des uses him off the bench.

So who gets the #14. Walker or Lawton. Gotta say Walker was outstanding in that 2nd half but Lawton has been a revelation.
I would have them both mate. Lawton can play anywhere, and is just a real footy player. Walker has been very good in the middle and offers the x factor and can also cover a lot of positions. I think Ailoia comes back and replaces Sipley, Shuster to second row, Lawton to bench and Ben Turbo goes out

Full Strength
Same backline
Pack: 8 Paseka 9 Fainu 10 Aloiai 11 Olakau’atu 12 Schuster 13 Jake
14 Walker 15 Taupau 16 Keppie 17 Lawton

Fore the ladies. And @mutley (jokes !) - Karl Lawton
View attachment 18473
His brother Kayne (who played for us) has the better physique imo…..
either way , like looking in the mirror for me.@:D@:eek:

7A14C9AE-656E-4C9D-BCA6-0C99CD379DE8.jpeg

It's a tough one. You have to ask yourself, who is the best centre at our club? Walker, Parker, Suli, Harper, and the answer is simple, it's Walker, and he needs to play there full strength.

Full Strength (no Fainu, Davey, Boyle available)

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker / Morgan Harper
04. Dylan Walker / Brad Parker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Karl Lawton / Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Josh Schuster
12. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lachlan Croker / Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Toafofoa Sipley / Curtis Sironen

That means two of the following miss out: Morgan Harper, Brad Parker, Toafofoa Sipley, Curtis Sironen....which two is beyond me.

The alternative is if you drop either Croker or Lawton, play Parker / Harper, move Walker to utility, but you are taking away from the quality of the starting 17 if we are being honest with ourselves in this route.
I wont envy Des when he needs to make those selection calls.

thing is with Parker at the moment he's playing so well in an edge that's possibly the best in the comp just doing his job. And yet on the other side Harper is adding a mongrel to this team that's been missing for so long.

Unfortunately i see Sirro as the odd man out. He's no where near the level of any of the current crop and hasn't been for a few years.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7