Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Surely no-one could be stupid enough to sign Talau, Johns, Arthur and Woods?

Ony someone who wants their team to win the spoon and relocate to Perth
If it’s the first few steps in a rebuild & 2 of those 4 signings are for this season only, I don’t think it’s stupid.

The Woods deal helped get rid of 2 Tartak players & cost us nothing & freed up a top 30 spot which was filled by Jake Arthur on (I assume) minimal coin - a young half who has shown glimpses of ability & who may well become a solid first grader.

Woods will depart at the end of this season, as will Johns, freeing up 2 top 30 spots & some salary cap.

Talau is being swapped for a player on $250k per season so isn’t costing any more than Latu is currently. Yes Latu is touted to be great but it still remains to be seen if he can cut it in first grade. If, as has been suggested, he or Tartak have agitated for a release for he & Samuela, what point is there in forcing him to stay, if it would also result in Samuela being unhappy here?

I don’t believe Talau has nothing to offer either - players don’t get first grade opportunities unless they’ve shown some talent & ability.

Oooft getting frosty

Liking the hits and misses nostalgia though.

I was in on the ground floor with Olakau'atu, was mentioning him very early on an kept at it even we he missed a year of flegg I think....hit

Never was impressed with the Myles signing.....hit

Though did think Lewis Brown would be a hit. For some reason had it in my head he was just the model professional who did all the little things right.....miss

Also at the time wasnt impressed by the Galuvao pickup....miss

Was not impressed when Gutho was switched for Walker. Was annoyed when Hynes and Ramian went....hit, hit, hit.

Never was too impressed with demetriou....hit

Thought Dorn was going to be a star...miss

Was ropeable when JWH went to the Roosters....hit

Was ropeable when Charlie Taylor went to the Roosters....miss

Thought Hugh Pratt was our long term hooker....miss

Nobody is right 100% of the time.

Main thing that bugs me is when people jump back and forth on a player depending on the most recent weekends results.

In terms of our current/recent youngsters.

Think Latu and Samuela make it big.

Actually think there is something there with Tuitavake.

Fifita and Flether Myers 50/50....at best.

Like Gordie a lot but not certain yet.

Toby, Veaga and Matterson I dont see as 30+ game first graders

Good list.

Here's one that I think may shock you, I actually really think with the right nurturing and coaching , Jake Arthur could be something. I said it when we signed.him, and I hold to that.

Tooves is back in the fold. Hopefully he can impart some words if wisdom to him

I think we'll regret all the Fainu boys leaving. I don't get it, it's super frustrating.

Why let Fifita and Tuitivake go, for Woods? It doesn't make sense to me in any way? Then Latu and Samuela?

I would LOVE to hear someone talk about the direction or strategy around recruitment right now, because I'm seeing people lose hope, and that's the worst thing that can happen.

We need an identity.

Not sure the clubs intentions moving forward, but the Fainu family had Every intent on sticking by Manly, but the 2 boys still at the club - soon to be none, have been let down
Maxta do you think Latu was hard done by the club after being stood down earlier this year?

Maxta do you think Latu was hard done by the club after being stood down earlier this year?
Personally yes
Latu very confused as he done everything asked of him training wise and has come back playing great footy.
Almost like a victim of circumstances nothing to do with himself

Care to explain what you mean by showing poor conduct to the 2 Fainus?
Yes sir
Samuela was used as an excuse for the Eels game and dropped even though was near Msnlys best forward
I am not going to explain anything about Latu here, but wish him well

I actually couldn't give two hoots about the Fainu family. The whole Manase experience was enough for me, cost us years.

Also, the whole Western Sydney experiment has brought nothing and with the departure of these blokes and that of Fulton, I'm hoping it's the beginning of the end.

It was never Manly and I want Manly back.

If it’s the first few steps in a rebuild & 2 of those 4 signings are for this season only, I don’t think it’s stupid.

The Woods deal helped get rid of 2 Tartak players & cost us nothing & freed up a top 30 spot which was filled by Jake Arthur on (I assume) minimal coin - a young half who has shown glimpses of ability & who may well become a solid first grader.

Woods will depart at the end of this season, as will Johns, freeing up 2 top 30 spots & some salary cap.

Talau is being swapped for a player on $250k per season so isn’t costing any more than Latu is currently. Yes Latu is touted to be great but it still remains to be seen if he can cut it in first grade. If, as has been suggested, he or Tartak have agitated for a release for he & Samuela, what point is there in forcing him to stay, if it would also result in Samuela being unhappy here?

I don’t believe Talau has nothing to offer either - players don’t get first grade opportunities unless they’ve shown some talent & ability.
I thought we got Woods for free? How does his leaving free up any cap space, if anything, it takes cap space from next season because we'll need to pay someone to fill his spot. And if Cooper Johns is on $1 more than minimum contract then we are even more royally screwed than I imagined.

I actually couldn't give two hoots about the Fainu family. The whole Manase experience was enough for me, cost us years.

Also, the whole Western Sydney experiment has brought nothing and with the departure of these blokes and that of Fulton, I'm hoping it's the beginning of the end.

It was never Manly and I want Manly back.
Bake some orange cake, it might make you feel better.

Maybe the club has rethought the plan to have a team made up of two families (Trbos and Fainus) isn’t such a great idea.

Probably Mr Fluffy’s idea to cut down costs of Seibs Family BBQs.

Yes sir
Samuela was used as an excuse for the Eels game and dropped even though was near Msnlys best forward
I am not going to explain anything about Latu here, but wish him well
Thanks. But ...the club treated the Fainus poorly by omiting Samuela from the side to play Storm? Surely there is more to it than that! (I assumed he wasn't even dropped, just given a break from first grade intensity, which is not uncommon).

As for Latu, I too wish him well, and I have no illusions about NRL clubs never treating players poorly, it happens quite routinely in fact. Nevertheless if the club or some of the club's officers have been at fault in this situation I don't know why you'd want to cover it up? I assumed it was financial but of course that is confusing because Latu has the biggest deal ever given to a teenager.
Oh well versions of the truth will drizzle out over time no doubt.

Page 32 and yet to play first grade for Manly....

How long will this thread become if he ends up a star for another club....

Whatever decisions are being made behind the scenes I hope the powers that be are making the right ones for our team.....

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10