Latest Dogs bad news story

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well, I know I sign all my contracts on how much I am allowed to drink so....

Yes, we have a Christmas Party.

No, alcohol is not permitted.

And I maintain, there is no need to get legless. Why do people feel the need to drink till they're smashed ?

The players can have a party without dressing up like cartoon characters and carrying on like d*ckheads.

Ryan said:
How is this news? A couple of young kids got on the piss, and said something to a female reporter, that leveraged off that for recognition. The seasons over, let them go.

It's also a pretty long bow to draw to blame Des for one of his players making a comment when drunk. Seriously, that's an embarrassing statement.

If this were written about Manly players, we'd all be defending it, and the author of the article would be mud to you all.

The bite is unacceptable, and I believe the act was deplorable. I'd be gutted if one of our players did that, but I don't think any of our players are that animalistic.

All that other junk is a waste of time to talk about.

Now, I'm going to have 4-5 beers, and say inappropriate things to my wife, in hopes I can start the engine, because Kiwi's comment about me having no chance last night, was correct :)

Funny that whenever a league player does the wrong thing he's referred to by coaches etc as a "kid". Des called the 27 yr old James graham a "boy" in yesterday's media. The 31 year old Craig field was a "kid" according to his manager when Wests dumped him. To me a kid is under 20. Man up fellas!

DSM5 said:
Sandow has a gambling problem Kiwi, that's been well documented in the press over here. I'm sure this will all end in tears. And Ryan, you really should stick to knocking back housing loans.
Surely no one gets knocked back! No job? No assets? Don't worry, sign here!

voicefromthehill said:
globaleagle said:
voicefromthehill said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Would your name as CEO be Adolf ?

who doesnt love a bit of Godwins Law in action

Adolf

No I am sure he would welcome new members to his fold. It gets lonely living on a secret base on the moon

He's got elvis and the myans, he's doing ok.

edit: back on track - dogs suck! Terrible lying, cheating club.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ryan said:
How is this news? A couple of young kids got on the piss, and said something to a female reporter, that leveraged off that for recognition. The seasons over, let them go.
Clearly it is not news, in Ryan’s view.

Interest rates and taxation changes are newsworthy. But, some of the finest male athletes in the land hold women in contempt? Ho hum, that isn’t newsworthy. It is commonplace, and furthermore, totally natural. In Ryan’s view.

Ryan says it was "young kids". Good spin, Ryan. Makes it sound more like harmless playtime. The reality is the words came from young men, old enough to vote, old enough to go to war, and old enough to be tried in court as adults if they break the law.

Ryan says they "said something". The comments alleged include:
"There are some ladies here to stick their heads in your pants".
"S--- me off you dumb dog".
"I want to go and punch you in the face."

The attitude revealed by these comments? Contempt for women. This is the attitude that allows men to threaten and commit violence against women … which occurs every single day of the year.

It is suggested that we should condone these comments on the basis that, after a bit of booze, men will forget to say the politically correct words and their real feelings will come out: “let them go”, it is the most natural thing in the world to feel contempt for women.

It is natural that women are routinely bashed in every community in the land. We all have the internet, anyone can look up some stats on the prevalence of domestic violence against women. Or the percentage of women who are subjected to rape or attempted rape over the course of their lifetime.

I wish you’d look up some of those stats, Ryan. Then come back and repeat your message to women everywhere that these attitudes are harmless fun, and it doesn't matter anyway because "the season's over".

Pfffft, you'd have to be joking mate. I wonder how you'd go, after being half cut, closing the doors to your bedroom to get some privacy, and thedoor opened just slightly, so someone could video tape you at your finest !!

If you play with fire, expect to be burnt. These are human beings, in a closed door environment, so this is an invasion of privacy, celebrity status or no.

It's the whole Princess Diana debate again.

Ok, so you feel bad for the poor old media and news limited trying to get a story. I don't.

Do I consider the comments inappropriate? Sure. But what young bloke hasn't said or done things they wake up in the morning the next day and think to themselves, "why the HELL did I do that" in yet another cringe worthy moment. In the end, has it really hurt anyone?

Let them let off some steam, and give them some room.

The worlds becoming too precious, and people should just toughen up. Seriously, some people get offended at being called a "good sort". It's bloody pathetic if you ask me.

Don't get me wrong. They are The Bulldogs, and I hope they all implode, but regardless of the team, my sentiment remains the same.

simon64 said:
Yes, we have a Christmas Party.

No, alcohol is not permitted.

And I maintain, there is no need to get legless. Why do people feel the need to drink till they're smashed ?

The players can have a party without dressing up like cartoon characters and carrying on like d*ckheads.

I'm a teacher and our xmas parties always have a varied selection of beverages and activities. Usually most people want to keep their jobs so serious drinking contenders make their way to privite addresses after formalities.
Though, I've often wondered whether snogging the boss while wearing a santa hat would lead to a promotion - kidding of course.
My view - parties are fun and you can get a bit loose but have to be mindful of your responsibility to the community and as a decent human being.

I'm sure my daughters wouldn't be offended by being called 'good sorts'. They are. However I think they may well be offended if they were physically threatened or being yelled at to stick their heads down some boofheads pants. Get real Ryan. This is the world we live in. Offensive language is just that, offensive. Your bedroom door analogy doesn't work when offensive comments are yelled through opened windows at people. They were yelled at press persons, ergo, the idiots knew they were press. SeaEagleRocks8 is right. The NRL are attempting to attract women through the door, and these boofs put that strategy back twenty years. Ryan, guys dressing up as girls/superheros is either an infantile display, or just plain old homo-eroticism and should be left in the bedroom, possibly in your house, with the door ajar..

DSM5 said:
I'm sure my daughters wouldn't be offended by being called 'good sorts'. They are. However I think they may well be offended if they were physically threatened or being yelled at to stick their heads down some boofheads pants. Get real Ryan. This is the world we live in. Offensive language is just that, offensive. Your bedroom door analogy doesn't work when offensive comments are yelled through opened windows at people. They were yelled at press persons, ergo, the idiots knew they were press. SeaEagleRocks8 is right. The NRL are attempting to attract women through the door, and these boofs put that strategy back twenty years. Ryan, guys dressing up as girls/superheros is either an infantile display, or just plain old homo-eroticism and should be left in the bedroom, possibly in your house, with the door ajar..

That might be the case, because unlike you, I'm still relatively young, and don't have one foot in the coffin already, so dress-ups do still occur at my house. My missus and I are free spirits in that way, and don't have the old and delapitated shackles that may burden your sex life.

Heck, you suggest it happens at my house, with the door ajar? Send one, or both of your daughters around if they are good sorts. I'll make them feel more than welcome (18+ please).

You dish it, you gotta expect it.

Like I say, people need to mix some cement in their drinks, because people need to toughen up. And seriously, you are one of the worst examples of a person who doesn't offend ! LoL dude. Some of your comments about players, fans, management and fellow posters have been deplorable over time.

I'm just SURE you've never had a few beers when young (all those years ago), and said things you have regretted. I bet you did, and I bet you were over it 2 seconds later !!

Get real yourself. Soft. Everyone's soft.

Personal disagreements (on here) aside the real problem with last weeks events is that it would seem that they have been largely "swept under the carpet". Unlike in 2009 where Gallop almost straight away fined us $100K the NRL (ARLC) have said virtually nothing.

I beleive what we are seeing is here is that,

2009 was at the start of the season and involved "the face of the game"

2012 was at the end of the season and they are just hoping that in another week or so it will all just go away.

AND they are probably right.

The trouble with that is it smells of "double standards".

Ryan said:
DSM5 said:

That might be the case, because unlike you, I'm still relatively young, and don't have one foot in the coffin already, so dress-ups do still occur at my house. My missus and I are free spirits in that way, and don't have the old and delapitated shackles that may burden your sex life.

Heck, you suggest it happens at my house, with the door ajar? Send one, or both of your daughters around if they are good sorts. I'll make them feel more than welcome (18+ please).

Like I say, people need to mix some cement in their drinks, because people need to toughen up. And seriously, you are one of the worst examples of a person who doesn't offend ! LoL dude. Some of your comments about players, fans, management and fellow posters have been deplorable over time.

I'm just SURE you've never had a few beers when young (all those years ago), and said things you have regretted. I bet you did, and I bet you were over it 2 seconds later !!

I am not going to go soft on those filthy heynas becuase unlike the avarage person these dogs are in the spot light and have shamed their club and also brought the game into disrepute. The hardest player to play the game Terry Randall never carried on like those soft cocks .

Ryan, actually I did drink to excess at times, and probably still do, but I can honestly say I've never threatened a woman with violence, or asked anyone to put their heads in my pants, nor frocked up. You miss the point of this whole unsavory chapter. Namely these idiots brought the game down after years of attempts to attract women to league. Women don't seem to like this sort of crap. And if they had of abused one another in your bedroom, then who would mind? I'd say no-one. But it was daylight, some cock opened the window to yell the stuff, at the press, and then hasn't the balls to 'man up'. It's just a bad culture out that way. Or so it seems.

DSM5 said:
Ryan, actually I did drink to excess at times, and probably still do, but I can honestly say I've never threatened a woman with violence, or asked anyone to put their heads in my pants, nor frocked up. You miss the point of this whole unsavory chapter. Namely these idiots brought the game down after years of attempts to attract women to league. Women don't seem to like this sort of crap. And if they had of abused one another in your bedroom, then who would mind? I'd say no-one. But it was daylight, some cock opened the window to yell the stuff, at the press, and then hasn't the balls to 'man up'. It's just a bad culture out that way. Or so it seems.

100% agree with this....the NRL make a big deal out of their "Pink Round".....I have two daughters and neither would want that said to them by a bunch of drinken football players.

I don't concur with the TV people chasing this stuff either, but that's another argument!!

BOZO said:
Ryan said:
DSM5 said:

I am not going to go soft on those filthy heynas becuase unlike the avarage person these dogs are in the spot light and have shamed their club and also brought the game into disrepute. The hardest player to play the game Terry Randall never carried on like those soft cocks .

How do you profess to know that ? The media was nothing then like now

95% of the old guys interviewed say today's players are angels compared to the old mob

DSM5, there is nothing wrong with the guys dressing up and getting on the piss. Most guys I know love having a drink, I dare say we would do it more than these players do. However what was said was wrong and they should be punished.

Ryan said:
DSM5 said:

Ryan, how you choose to conduct yourself in your own home is your own business.

How a bunch of blokes behave under the employ of their club and on club property, isn't so dismissive.

You, and most of us here, are the face of nothing. The people present at the piss-up are always going to be associated with their club. It's a 24/7 label unfortunately.

If they needed the release, why not take them out to Crushers place and let them loose in the wilds for a couple of days.

Like our season launch debacle, somebody made the mistake of thinking that a group of footballers having a session in a relatively public area was fine and no adult attention was required.

There was no excuse for Chocs behaviour during our launch, just as there is no place for 'heroes' hiding in a room and casting childish slurs to impress one another, especially when they occur in club sanctioned get togethers.

Garts said:
DSM5, there is nothing wrong with the guys dressing up and getting on the piss. Most guys I know love having a drink, I dare say we would do it more than these players do. However what was said was wrong and they should be punished.
I agree , Us guys can act like clowns sometimes but degrading woman is not on . No Excuses!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10