Latest Dogs bad news story

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dee Why Eagle said:
The irony is that Greenberg was concerned for Des's safety at Brookvale.

Given the footage of the dog supporters - burning jerseys & threatening to behead - he should be more concerned for Des's safety at Belmore. Heaven help him if he can't deliver a premiership with all the money thrown at him & the quest.

How fitting that Canterbury opted to be labelled as dogs!
The hyenas look up to Hasler as their new prophet . Hasler has Propheciesed that there will be good times ahead for the club and the fans are waiting for a premiership trophy but predicting a premiership win and getting one are two different things.

Hopefully in the next few days some guy will ring Triple M and say they spotted Des having coffee with the Wests Tigers CEO. We all know Des is under contract, but his past conduct would suggest that doesn't mean much.

MadMarcus said:
Hopefully in the next few days some guy will ring Triple M and say they spotted Des having coffee with the Wests Tigers CEO. We all know Des is under contract, but his past conduct would suggest that doesn't mean much.

That's right, Des is contracted to the Dogs for, 2013,14,and 15, he's just lookinging to secure his future beyond that.

The majority of the merkins over at the Kennel are truly pathetic. I applaud those Dogs fans that can see what the fuss is and why Graham was found guilty.

But to read the huge number of hypocrites who believe that his not-guilty plea, with Todd and Des backing him, is good enough for them to accept he didn't do it (like he would admit to it; wear the extra time instead of leaving no doubt seems the tactic there) then I ask this; did you accept Brett Stewart's plea of innocence as enough to back him as innocent and a good bloke, from the get go?

Going by the vile posted in there previously by those same posters that believe Graham to be 'a great guy' dudded, is a strong reflection on their capacity for delusion.

Another factor which leave me gobsmacked is the defence of the members involved in the comments from Belmore, and need to cry 'victim' because somebody else heard them and reported on it. So much of the language in their denigrating the reporter is ironic given it is yet more examples of heroes spraying sexist comments from the (apparant) safety of obscrurity, backed up by more 'heroes' happy to egg each other on.

But the icing on the cake is the thread on the story about Camp Quality looking at their association with the club, with many Dogs fans in the thread sharing such insights to the arrangement with a charity organisation as such;

"We've done a lot more for camp quality then camp quality has for us."

Wow. Just wow.

Everyone knows who the Bulldogs player is who plumbed the depths of bad behaviour on Mad Monday. There's no way Hasler will hang this player out to dry as he's too important to the team. Greenberg will sign off on a generic report approved by Des.

Rebecca Wilson: Rugby league has been on the news pages again for all of the wrong reasons

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/rebecca-wilson-rugby-league-has-been-on-the-news-pages-again-for-all-of-the-wrong-reasons/story-e6frext9-1226489464271
WHILE the AFL basked in the glory of another triumphant grand final week, the National Rugby League was left to look like the poor relation of professional football in Australia.

The Swans' grand final win underlined yawning gaps in the way AFL and rugby league are administered in this country.

Everything about the Aussie Rules was slick, from the event around the grand final to the conduct of the Sydney Swans as they savoured a famous victory.

League's big day was tainted by the heinous allegation of biting against a player who had the audacity to see himself committing the act on replay and then plead innocence.

Guided by a coach who flouts the guidelines at every opportunity and a chief executive who really should know better, James Graham spent the week preparing a defence against the indefensible.

The 12 weeks he will spend on the sidelines might be spent contemplating what "manning up" means in a footy game.

Mad Monday typically ended in tears, with the bone pointed at a couple of anonymous Bulldogs who were so vile and lewd towards a female television reporter that swift retribution was surely an obvious course of action.

Instead, the usual lines about a couple of bad apples ruining it for the majority were wheeled out, and attempts were made by the club to blame the media for invading the players' cherished privacy during their drinkathon.

Hearing the main sponsor of the Bulldogs claim the remarks were the norm for Australia these days shows how far league has to come before a majority of women consider it savoury enough to follow.

This time last week I wrote that I thought the Bulldogs had turned the corner. I was wrong. They have simply glossed over the deep-seated disciplinary issues within the player and fan ranks with good public relations.

Chief executive Todd Greenberg announced an "inquiry" into the Mad Monday controversy and it took nearly a week to compile. He and Des Hasler failed to act swiftly or with any authority. They claim they still don't know who actually said it. All they have done so far is hand their secret report to the equally inactive NRL.

Greenberg and Hasler might have considered putting the players into a room and telling them they would be fined $50,000 if someone didn't confess. Greenberg, too, rubbed salt into his own wound when he objected to the 12-week suspension handed out to Graham.

After yet another round of excuses, poor leadership and inept responses, the hard heads among us are over it. Rugby league needs a massive shake-up from the head down.

The much-touted Australian Rugby League Commission has shown it is not in the business of fixing anything quickly or substantially. Sub-committees are formed to arrive at basic decisions that it would take a primary school student three seconds to make. Corporate processes more akin to the Australian Stock Exchange are used as excuses to do nothing.

The mere fact that they have taken so long to find a new chief executive proves this lot have no idea about corporate governance or good old-fashioned leadership.

Unbelievably, we are still awaiting a response from the NRL about Canterbury because acting chief executive Shane Mattiske is on holidays. Since when do footy bosses go on leave within minutes of full-time?

ARLC chairman John Grant, who has been more than happy to stand on the big stage when the announcements are positive, has also gone into hiding. He blustered earlier in the week but his warped sense of "process" has meant the league has been mute now for five days.

Former league bosses John Quayle, Ken Arthurson and David Gallop would have issued fines and breach notices by Tuesday afternoon. Hasler would have been censured for his refusal to handle the player group, Greenberg told to go and clean up his backyard.

The ARLC had us believe that league was in a better place now than ever. Grant has been happily swimming along occasionally doing the job of the chief executive, the acting chief executive had been happily swimming along as a lame duck awaiting instruction from Grant.

Under the new regime, the commission is not accountable to anyone. This week has proved that there are some serious issues which emerge from that lack of accountability. If the Bulldogs can come out of this week with no censure, league has a huge problem.

A bunch of misogynist league players are likely to go unpunished and rugby league has been on the news pages again for all of the wrong reasons. Mr Grant and Mr Greenberg, not much has changed at all.

If they had found a 'friend' or 'support staff' prepared to take the rap we would have been told by now. So, not only are there some Dogs players with offensive attitudes to women, they are also not prepared to be honest with their own CEO. Unless he just hasn't asked them who it was ...

I don't have any sympathy with Canterbury at all. Last year they took our coach away from us in the week after our wonderful grand final win.The players, staff and fans could not even celebrate the win. It's ironic that this week should be a big week for them being
grand finalists and all they get is negative press. ISN'T KARMA A BITCH.

Des has been the reason why the sexual abuse fiasco occurred last Monday. We all know that Hasler loves the 'siege mentality', the way the Dogs have acted towards the media has changed since his arrival as evidenced by a quote in the SMH "The club's attitude towards the media changed significantly upon Hasler's arrival at Belmore." And it is no coincidence that we have conducted ourselves in the media much more professionally, as we have seen much more positive exposure. I noticed during the GF buildup no one from the Dogs were interviewed, just like we were, Des wouldn't even let the cleaner at the Leagues club have an interview.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Rebecca Wilson: Rugby league has been on the news pages again for all of the wrong reasons

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/rebecca-wilson-rugby-league-has-been-on-the-news-pages-again-for-all-of-the-wrong-reasons/story-e6frext9-1226489464271

For once, she has written an article that I agree with her on.

I don't like the Bulldogs & I can't stand the media. I will not support the media over any football team, including the Bulldogs after the way the media have treated the Manly Sea Eagles. Ask Brett Stewart what he thinks of the media.
Anyway, the reporters got what they wanted to get from a closed door Mad Monday celebrations. They were throwing high five's back at the office after the incident. What a great story it was for the newspaper. What were they looking for at a closed door Mad Monday celebrations?

I do not feel sorry for those media reporters. They prostitute themselves to ruin people's lives.

Aetna said:
. . . I do not feel sorry for those media reporters. They prostitute themselves to ruin people's lives.
So what are you saying exactly about Jayne Azzopardi?

Aetna said:
I don't like the Bulldogs & I can't stand the media. I will not support the media over any football team, including the Bulldogs after the way the media have treated the Manly Sea Eagles. Ask Brett Stewart what he thinks of the media.
Anyway, the reporters got what they wanted to get from a closed door Mad Monday celebrations. They were throwing high five's back at the office after the incident. What a great story it was for the newspaper. What were they looking for at a closed door Mad Monday celebrations?

I do not feel sorry for those media reporters. They prostitute themselves to ruin people's lives.

I totally understand your agnst but if that was said to your daughter, wife, sister or mother I think you would be thinking differently. There is no place for that sort of behaviour in todays society, the culture needs to change.

As I've said before, why have this dragging up pissathon? I can't remember us having one. Players should just grow up, have a quiet beer, a dinner or two and then go on holidays.

DSM5 said:
As I've said before, why have this dragging up pissathon? I can't remember us having one. Players should just grow up, have a quiet beer, a dinner or two and then go on holidays.

THIS! Yes! I fail to understand this excuse how the players have earned a whole day to get sloshed and let their hair down. If you go to Shark Bar or Shore Club the night after a game most of the team is there on the gas letting their hair down.

DSM5 said:

I would bar it if I was a CEO.

I've seen footage of mad monday celebrations for years, from all teams. All the dogs had to do was go out, run around in their costumes and the media would've been gone in 20-30 minutes.

It's not so much about the debate of whether the media should've been there, it's the fact that the players ( and whoever else) decided to scream sexist rubbish to the reporter who was there.

That's just not on. I can't stand the media but this is not jane azzopardi's fault. 10 seconds of footage and the media would've been on their way. The dogs were just stupid enough to give them a story and embarrass themselves, their club and our game.

Isn't it amazing that the dogs ceo was on our screens most weeks from the end of last year until the grand final along with their coach going on about their season, club and players. Where are they now?

The telegraph have been left to look very foolish as well. They threw everything they could behind the dogs this week (and most of the year) and the dogs repaid them by locking them out after the grand final loss (bad losers), abusing media and then trying to convince us that james graham is just a misunderstood fella!

I feel very angry that the dogs think we are THAT STUPID to believe he didn't bite him. I'm sure they think the more they say it, the more people will believe it. They keep using the tele to make that point (more fool them!).

Funnily enough, that was the most offensive thing i got out of the whole sorry saga...that they see us all as being stupid enough to believe he didn't do it!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8