Lachlan Croker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Croker has come a long way this season. Sure, he's never going to be an elite dummy half, but the guy has heart and isn't shy of tackling - which puts him miles ahead of a lot of our more celebrated players. He's the least of our problems, really.
The Number Nine Spine Perspective ....

The fact is Croker has come along way and courageously and admirably adds to our defence

But the key spine number 9 position also controls the game and the top contenders that have
a controlling number 9 also take control of the big games

Mate I have been eating so much humble pie...Croker is the only one who can stand up with his head high this season. (Plus Foz and Jake) He didn't ask for this position but he works tirelessly and puts his body on the line.. well done

images (5).jpeg

I've eaten my own humble pie about Croker and now I am thoroughly on the Frog Train (no don't rhyme Frog with anything). He will be our 9 next year and will be a bit better again. A fantastic club man who can stand for us onfield and off. I think we have all seen enough this year to value that. I expect The Lawman, a similar personality, to be our Mr Fixit 14. I expect Burbo to be very important in our second row rotation and I am hoping to regularly see young Fulton, he has a future that young fellow.

1 year extension......makes me wonder who is off contract at the end of 2024 that we are targeting

Manase Fainu was apparently going to appeal his conviction, however, I haven’t seen or heard anything about it so far, not have I heard anything about his sentence. Maybe it’s just the slow legal process.

Manase Fainu was apparently going to appeal his conviction,
The appeal will be take place after sentencing. This was due in October, but has been delayed.

But his solicitor Paul McGirr said the “wheels are in motion” in preparing an appeal. Outside court, Mr McGirr described the verdict as “dangerous”.

Throughout the trial, Fainu had argued it was a case of mistaken identity. His legal team had said that key witnesses were swayed after they were shown social media pictures of the Tongan international in a sling in the hours following the incident.

Mr McGirr told NCA NewsWire that Fainu would not launch his appeal until after he was sentenced later in the year, but that he would challenge the verdict in the Court of Criminal Appeal.

“The judge’s directions were very fair, especially in regards to scrutinising identification and this was a case where a number of witnesses were all talking, not knowing who was who and looking up Facebook and Instagram and everything else,” Mr McGirr said.

“And to me, that’s very dangerous ground – when people are telling other people who’s who.”

How long do you think he will get sentenced to ?

Assume he is already locked away so taking time off his sentence already.

I think we are dreaming if we think Manase has a future in the NRL if he wins on appeal. It will be 4-5 seasons since he last played, no one comes back from that. Unfortunately that ship has sailed.

I think we may see a different Croker next season don’t forget Dessie didn’t like a running 9 perhaps he has been coached not to run. On the few occasions he ran last year he was really effective.

Lachlan Crokers deserves his new contract as he tries hard every week for the team.

What he does need is a back up 9 so that he can be rested during games and we need a running 9 with a kicking game to compliment the work that Croker does.
Yep, watching last year he looked like he was exhausted in the last 20 minutes or so of games, especially later in the season (no Lawton there to help?). He needs support.

Not sure if Froggy 's attacking game can be expanded that much but definitely helps when he is given a bit of a break and his combo with Lawton did seem to be working out well in many instances . Have no idea what Roache may or may not be able to offer , just have hardly noticed previously . Endurance wise , Croker has been exceptional but again can only benefit from a bit of a break sometime . Lawton probably seems a definite suitable sub for his versatility alone but then where to accommodate Weekes if he does not initially break into or regularly used as a starting back line player or starts to really show something . Getting to the higher level has not been restricted having Croker as the 9, not a world beater but pretty damm reliable and important input . just need quite a few of his team mates or prospective team mates to show the same commitment and solid input performance level .

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2