Lachlan Croker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not sure if Froggy 's attacking game can be expanded that much but definitely helps when he is given a bit of a break and his combo with Lawton did seem to be working out well in many instances . Have no idea what Roache may or may not be able to offer , just have hardly noticed previously . Endurance wise , Croker has been exceptional but again can only benefit from a bit of a break sometime . Lawton probably seems a definite suitable sub for his versatility alone but then where to accommodate Weekes if he does not initially break into or regularly used as a starting back line player or starts to really show something . Getting to the higher level has not been restricted having Croker as the 9, not a world beater but pretty damm reliable and important input . just need quite a few of his team mates or prospective team mates to show the same commitment and solid input performance level .
Walker was very effective for us coming on with speed through the middle and even some ball movement. I don't know who will fill that role - possibly Weekes but it might be a lot to ask of him at this stage. Then again, the new coach(es) might have a completely different approach. Even so, I can't see them dumping Croker from hooker (at least initially). For all the reasons noted by others, I think they would rather change his role up a bit and see if there's more to his game than we've seen to date. Croker for hooker, Croaker for coach!

I'm looking forward to seeing how the new coaching trio utilise Croker.
He has attacking skills from playing fullback and 5/8 as a junior kangaroo, as well as initially a playmaker in 1st grade. He's had a few years now avoiding injuries and adjusting to the hooker role. Safe to say he's a more than established 1st grade hooker, but let's see if he's allowed to combine all those elements together.
Good luck to Roache and Croker both staying injury free, both could add more spark if we're lucky...

Walker was very effective for us coming on with speed through the middle and even some ball movement. I don't know who will fill that role - possibly Weekes but it might be a lot to ask of him at this stage. Then again, the new coach(es) might have a completely different approach. Even so, I can't see them dumping Croker from hooker (at least initially). For all the reasons noted by others, I think they would rather change his role up a bit and see if there's more to his game than we've seen to date. Croker for hooker, Croaker for coach!
Definitely going to miss Walker [ and naturally Foz ] with their attack anyway and not sure how that part of the ledger is going to be addressed . Hopefully Schuster aiming up big time as the i st step . Don"t think that Weekes despite his obvious talent has the robust type of build and play such as Walker to play as a 13 , probably always destined to play in the backs . Recall Paul Shaw back in the day was used well for a brief time as a loose running lock or whatever but different type of footy these days . The new coaching grouping is definitely going to have to come to terms fairly promptly on the most effective 6 and 13 roles to utilize to get the side really on track .

If he is still our number 1 choice hooker next year this team won't be getting too far.

Well, that should make you happy ... especially after you posted this gem below ... great to hear from such a solid fan.

I sure will be death riding Spoonbold, same as I did Zoolander just to prove the point that Penny shouldn't be in charge of any sporting organisation especially Manly.

I would actually like to see Croker at 13 (McInnes style), with a Bullemor type on the bench sharing this role throughout the game.

For 9, I would start with either Lawton or Roache if possible, and bring on GCKT from 14 to play increasingly more minutes as the season progresses.

Obviously that means Jake to prop, and I would start him with Paseka (with Aloiai and Keppie as the last 2 bench spots).

The fact Croker was our player of the year yet he's only now been given an extension - and just for one extra year - suggests we aren't thinking he's the long term solution.
Not to say Croker won't continue, but whoever is calling the shots right now definitely wants to upgrade our dummy half stocks.

So who is available that is better than him and will last the whole season?His improvement each year has been impressive given he was never a 9 prior to the last few yrs
Not sure who's available but still playing Croker at hooker is not the way forward. The team will continue to struggle against the top teams with him at 9.

I would actually like to see Croker at 13 (McInnes style), with a Bullemor type on the bench sharing this role throughout the game.

For 9, I would start with either Lawton or Roache if possible, and bring on GCKT from 14 to play increasingly more minutes as the season progresses.

Obviously that means Jake to prop, and I would start him with Paseka (with Aloiai and Keppie as the last 2 bench spots).
I was watching a couple of old game highlights last night (those we won - good for the endorphin kick) and Paseka looked fantastic in those games. When he's running hard and with confidence, he can be anything. Geeez, I hope he can step up his consistency (injury free will help) next year. This pack has a lot of upside if it can work to it's full potential. Having said that, 1 more grunt prop would be good.

Well, that should make you happy ... especially after you posted this gem below ... great to hear from such a solid fan.
I'm not happy about the direction Penn has taken this club yet again especially with spoonbold being coach. I guess Penn didn't learn last time that outsiders will not win us that premiership and will most probably sink the club even further.

I'm not happy about the direction Penn has taken this club yet again especially with spoonbold being coach. I guess Penn didn't learn last time that outsiders will not win us that premiership and will most probably sink the club even further.

So your considered response is to publicly throw your pacifier out of the cot ... and hope we lose games .. seriously!!

I get that you’re pissed that Des was sacked , ok.

I get that you don’t like the Penn family , ok.

I get that in the old days you had to stick to “ Manly men with Manly DNA” to win , ok.

But riddle me this!!

Were you completely satisfied with the way our previous coach was handling things like , selections , game plans , bringing youngsters through ??

If you were then you don’t have to answer the next question , which is.

Don’t you think it’s time for a new approach , a new coaching set up , a new rehab set up and some more modern ways of thinking to bring our club out of the 90’s and into the current era???

Death riding the new coaches , death riding the players and death riding the organisation as a whole isn’t where thinking fans should be going.

Thinking fans would at least give the new set up a chance.

I know I will!!

The fact Croker was our player of the year yet he's only now been given an extension - and just for one extra year - suggests we aren't thinking he's the long term solution.
Not to say Croker won't continue, but whoever is calling the shots right now definitely wants to upgrade our dummy half stocks.

OR ... froggy only wanted a one year extension on the money offered ... because he is backing himself to be worth a lot more after a couple more years of learning his trade ....

croker is close to my favourite player. gutsy, loves playing footy and is in everything .almost first player picked, captain candidate in the future IMO but not a real good 9. he fulfils the basics but his inability to really engage the defence on a regular basis before service is costly

my perspective is that with frog at 9 that leaves manly with 2 spine positions suffering from major role deficiencies, as opposed to footy ability and skills. in recent seasons the spine has struggled to straighten and focus our attack with tom being the notable exception.

trying to patch these roles has had our team unbalanced and in all sorts and affects jakes game and opportunity to play up front

The lack of real threat in and around the ruck areas allows the defence to read and adjust quite easily
again unless we have tommy, but we need to be turning the ball inside or outside to tom not waiting for him to bust the line and turn it back

croker is close to my favourite player. gutsy, loves playing footy and is in everything .almost first player picked, captain candidate in the future IMO but not a real good 9. he fulfils the basics but his inability to really engage the defence on a regular basis before service is costly

my perspective is that with frog at 9 that leaves manly with 2 spine positions suffering from major role deficiencies, as opposed to footy ability and skills. in recent seasons the spine has struggled to straighten and focus our attack with tom being the notable exception.

trying to patch these roles has had our team unbalanced and in all sorts and affects jakes game and opportunity to play up front

The lack of real threat in and around the ruck areas allows the defence to read and adjust quite easily
again unless we have tommy, but we need to be turning the ball inside or outside to tom not waiting for him to bust the line and turn it back
There’s two major shortfalls we have.

1) an agressive prop that takes no prisoners and can do it game after game.

2) an elusive 9, all the top sides have them, we don’t.

But Froggy has come a long long way already so who knows , maybe he’ll be the Dally M player of the year in 2023.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8