Lachlan Croker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes I’m not alone , but it’s seriously MAJOR egg.

He’s become a top shelf 9 now , maybe not in the Cameron Smith class but there’s not too many in the competition that he’s at least not the equal of.
Oooh I dunno, he has really improved and has earnt his place but I'd still take the below as starters over him

Grant
Cook
Api
Mahoney
Robson
B Brailey
Smith

Anyone after that he is probably at least the equal of

Oooh I dunno, he has really improved and has earnt his place but I'd still take the below as starters over him

Grant
Cook
Api
Mahoney
Robson
B Brailey
Smith

Not much in a few of those, and value for money wise he leaves Mahoney for dead. Dogs bombed it signing Mahoney on big coin when they had a cheap JMK all along.

Grant
Cook
Api
Mahoney
Robson
B Brailey
Smith

There’s a few on that list better , but not all.

Grant / Api / the Cheese are obviously up there being Origin players , Cook isn’t as good as he used to be , I think he’s the equal at least of the rest.

He’s tireless in defence , passes well at the ruck , can kick but probably isn’t anywhere near as good with those darting runs as some.

There’s a few on that list better , but not all.

Grant / Api / the Cheese are obviously up there being Origin players , Cook isn’t as good as he used to be , I think he’s the equal at least of the rest.

He’s tireless in defence , passes well at the ruck , can kick but probably isn’t anywhere near as good with those darting runs as some.
I disagree but thats the beauty of a footy forum.

Robson and Brailey have been good this year.

The Cheese was the one I was almost going to leave off

I disagree but thats the beauty of a footy forum.

Robson and Brailey have been good this year.

The Cheese was the one I was almost going to leave off
Yeah we all see things differently and that’s perfectly fine , you aren’t 100% right but neither am I.

They are simply opinions.

Yes I’m not alone , but it’s seriously MAJOR egg.

He’s become a top shelf 9 now , maybe not in the Cameron Smith class but there’s not too many in the competition that he’s at least not the equal of.
he has kicked at least one 40-20 and made some great runs, I'd like to see him do a fewmore of both - I've said it before he is a Matt Balin type and Des coaches him to play that way ... go Frogman

he has kicked at least one 40-20 and made some great runs, I'd like to see him do a fewmore of both - I've said it before he is a Matt Balin type and Des coaches him to play that way ... go Frogman
Yes he’s developing into Ballin 2.0 and that’s obviously Des at work

Croker has to be the 9 next season no doubt whatsoever. Brings so much to the side defensively, and his attack is improving each and every time he’s out there. Brilliant passing game and an extra kicking option.

Depending on Fainu’s fitness and shoulder he will be 14 at best case for himself. Which if he is half the player he was can still be lethal off the bench.

I really like Croker and think his defence is such a massive piece of our puzzle but he still really struggles to have any impact with the ball and I think it’s hurting us big time.

There’s just no threat or variation or subtlety around the ruck for Manly. Essentially, unless we can run a block play and put a winger away, we have nothing. Short passing in the middle third of the field bears no fruit for us because we don’t suck defenders in around the middle. Teams often score on the edges after making a dent in the middle.

It’s not about whether Croker is involved in a try assist or not (sure, it’s nice if he is), it’s about moving the defence around and asking enough questions in the middle, to cause concerns elsewhere.

Mahoney really showed his smarts last night on a few occasions.

I hate to lose Croker’s defence and he has improved, but I still think you need a complete player at 9 to challenge the top sides.

I really like Croker and think his defence is such a massive piece of our puzzle but he still really struggles to have any impact with the ball and I think it’s hurting us big time.

There’s just no threat or variation or subtlety around the ruck for Manly. Essentially, unless we can run a block play and put a winger away, we have nothing. Short passing in the middle third of the field bears no fruit for us because we don’t suck defenders in around the middle. Teams often score on the edges after making a dent in the middle.

It’s not about whether Croker is involved in a try assist or not (sure, it’s nice if he is), it’s about moving the defence around and asking enough questions in the middle, to cause concerns elsewhere.

I hate to lose Croker’s defence and he has improved, but I still think you need a complete player at 9 to challenge the top sides.
Agree. The bloke is an absolute competitor and I love him as a player however he is far from elite. Love to see him him in tandem with fainu. If not roache but I don’t know much about him.

Agreed, 2 runs for 16 metres gained just isn’t good enough for a hooker in the modern game. I’ve been a big fan of his over the last few months and he’s played well above his ability but he still has some obvious limitations.

Saw Fainu last night and he looks more suited to playing in the front row at the moment, but if all goes well hopefully he is part of the 17 next year. People forget how good he was back in 2019, we let Koroisau go and most agreed at the time it was the right decision.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4