Lachlan Croker ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don’t care if we have to pay another club to take him. Just piss off, completely useless. Today was the final nail in the coffin imo.

I have a bit of sympathy for him,in a sense that for most of the time he’s been playing out of position at dummy half and due to injury and others players ahead of him,he hasn’t had a long run beside DCE.But the simple question to ask in whether to keep him or not is-will Manly miss him if he leaves?And simple answer is NO

He hadnt really filled his role as a 6 or a back up 9
But he tackles strong and tries hard

Ordinaily i would say no but he meets the criteria of hero status offered to others. . Besides if DCE can not show his form without a better 9 and 6 , how can such an inexperienced player show what he has got without a 9 and a 7 functioning for the same reasons

Consistency

Froggy is a conundrum. He came to us as a young player with obvious potential who hadn’t reached the heights he should have at the Raiders. He’s repeated the performance at the Sea Eagles. Still looks like he should be a lot better than he is. I can’t criticise his effort or his attacking instinct but too many of his passes are mis-directed and too many of his kicks miss the field of play. And he makes the same mistakes week after week. He’s like Lewis at the Bulldogs, though not as lazy.

if we had a few more dead rubbers to play, and if I were the coach, I’d be inclined to throw him the number 7 and see if having control of the team finally brings out the best in him. If nothing else it would allow Cherry to run and get involved without the pressure of being the person responsible for f*****g up the last tackle option.

Croker is a victim of trying too hard to make things happen.

A result of always being the 2nd or 3rd choice in all your possible positions.

He keeps getting picked, so Des sees something in him. Exactly what that is, I can only speculate. Obviously he appears to be trying hard, unlike other players around him with significantly more ability. Ultimately though, he contributes very little to make the team better. Apart from the obvious effort, the main thing that sticks out is the amount of simple errors he makes, and that perhaps more that anything else, is why we get down on him so much.
Having said that though, every time I see him I hope he does well, as I genuinely want him to succeed. It’s just, that rarely seems to happen. So with the season all but over, I presume he’s still contracted for next year? Hopefully he can work on some aspect of his game over the Summer and have a much improved 2021 season.

He’s very brave and there can be no doubting his toughness. I hope he continues to develop as a nine.
He is a good bloke and a hard trainer and has courage but he lacks foresight , composure , and the skill factor attributes to make an impact at NRL level .
Croker is a NSW cup level player at best .
I would invest in another player with more potential

There is no sentiment in professional sport as it is all about winning at all costs
If a club stops winning they lose coaches , sponsors , fans refusing to go and see their clubs jersey get disgraced by record thrashing and relegation for not being able to fund and compete at the higher level .
The Manly Sea eagles are not a sacred hearts community club
We are a legendary Professional club with a proud winning history and have been brought down to our knees and disgraced by being blown off the park with record margin scores by the effort of incompetent players that cant do the basic things right like hold on to the ball , pass, and tackle .
The moral of the story
No Formula 1 driver can win a formula 1 race with a 4 cylinder toyata
No Melbourne cup Jokey can win the Melbourne cup with a donkey
The Great and Prover Des will never be able to win another premiership with this players that can not keep up with the pace and the skill of this game

Last edited:
I have a bit of sympathy for him,in a sense that for most of the time he’s been playing out of position at dummy half and due to injury and others players ahead of him,he hasn’t had a long run beside DCE.But the simple question to ask in whether to keep him or not is-will Manly miss him if he leaves?And simple answer is NO
He has been borderline acceptable at dummy half, but terrible at 6

Croker is a victim of trying too hard to make things happen.

A result of always being the 2nd or 3rd choice in all your possible positions.
Good morning Mave
I really dont understand this excuse for incompetent performing players that try too hard
I mean , most people try hard to excel and trying hard is a great attribute in it self as it requires self motivation. But when you lack the other attributes it takes to excel at something it does not matter how motivated you are .
Have a great day

I've read all your benefit of the doubt posts, but how on Eadie's earth does a first grade player pass so hard into a team mate that they're virtually carted off to hospital for a ruptured spleen? Twice?
Please enlighten me. Surely the strength of the pass has to be something a five year old can get?

I’m sorry but Croker is not even NSW cup standard. He can’t even throw a decent pass or put a player into a gap. It’s inconceivable he played the whole year in first grade, but it took nearly the whole season for Schuster to show in 65 minutes what skills a 5/8 needs.
Unfortunately Croker is symptomatic of the overall standard of our team. I fear 2021 will be more if the same unless our fitness goes up several notches and Des must do more otherwise he will be next to be purged.

Good morning Mave
I really dont understand this excuse for incompetent performing players that try too hard
I mean , most people try hard to excel and trying hard is a great attribute in it self as it requires self motivation. But when you lack the other attributes it takes to excel at something it does not matter how motivated you are .
Have a great day

It is because he lacks the necessary attributes to excel, that he is rated 2nd, 3rd and 4th string in all his possible positions.
Thus why he tries way too hard when the opportunity presents itself.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2