[Resurrected] Lachlan Croker (a smokey or 1st choice)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Don't think we could afford Tolman so hopefully the Dogs have buggered up big time and it's our gain. His honest hard-working game would do wonders in our pack.

Probably suffering from some Des backended contract magic.
Can't imagine Tolman will come cheaply coz the last 2 years of his contract will be the big money ones, and they are this year and 2019.
Probably why they need to move him NOW. Maybe they will subsidise it for a 100k or 2.

Leaves us with 2/300 to pay a fine .

I'm guessing you mean a cap reduction penalty.
I'm of the hope we will get a "fine" at worst from this with hunt and no cap reduction. A fine is payed by the club and has nothing to do with the cap.

And yeah, 2 or 300k isn't enough to sign Tolman.

Blake A

Reserve Grader
Fingers crossed Croker plays really well this week against a full strength Roosters side..... BUT, if he appears clearly out of his depth, do you think we then go with Hastings?

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Fingers crossed Croker plays really well this week against a full strength Roosters side..... BUT, if he appears clearly out of his depth, do you think we then go with Hastings?

Or Todd, he’s on his way you know, well subject to Greenslime ( which means yes Hastings is second taxi off the rank).

manly al

First Grader
I guess that the general rationale of attempting to sign Carney is the same that applied to trying to sign Hodo . Todd has clearly stressed his intention to return to the N R L and if Croker does perform . Todd is able to join Manly soon , it would be an interesting situation then how to accommodate both players ambitions for a starting gig . Don"t think that either player could be considered as appropriate bench players for Manly but if Todd is able to become part of the Manly squad soon , he would just have to accept his 1 st grade playing opportunity situation and chance his arm like any other current Manly squad member .

Ryan

Journey Man
I guess that the general rationale of attempting to sign Carney is the same that applied to trying to sign Hodo . Todd has clearly stressed his intention to return to the N R L and if Croker does perform . Todd is able to join Manly soon , it would be an interesting situation then how to accommodate both players ambitions for a starting gig . Don"t think that either player could be considered as appropriate bench players for Manly but if Todd is able to become part of the Manly squad soon , he would just have to accept his 1 st grade playing opportunity situation and chance his arm like any other current Manly squad member .

06. Todd Carney
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lachlan Croker
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Winterstein, Sipley, Lane, Tanginoa, Gosiewski etc etc etc.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
06. Todd Carney
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lachlan Croker
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Winterstein, Sipley, Lane, Tanginoa, Gosiewski etc etc etc.
Nup, you forgot TBaz’s favourite, 14 Lewie Brown, Croker to Reggie’s

We've had a couple of trials now. Hastings or Croker? The fact that Croker wasn't a choker against a more formidable Roosters outfit may give him the edge but Hastings went ok in the intrust game and kicked a few goals . It's hard to say.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
We've had a couple of trials now. Hastings or Croker? The fact that Croker wasn't a choker against a more formidable Roosters outfit may give him the edge but Hastings went ok in the intrust game and kicked a few goals . It's hard to say.
Who were the stand outs in the centres in the intrust game and in the big game ?

Ryan

Journey Man
Guys, where would you rate Lachlan Croker with the other 5/8's in the league? (These are in no particular order)

Dragons: Gareth Widdop
Tigers: Josh Reynolds
Bulldogs: Kieran Foran
Roosters: Luke Keary
Sharks: Matt Moylan
Warriors: Blake Green
Rabbits: Cody Walker
Storm: Cameron Munster
Knights: Kalyn Ponga
Cowboys: Michael Morgan
Broncos: Anthony Milford
Eels: Corey Norman
Titans: Ashley Taylor
Raiders: Blake Austin
Panthers: James Maloney

Sea Eagles: Lachlan Croker

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Guys, where would you rate Lachlan Croker with the other 5/8's in the league? (These are in no particular order)

Would be pretty dumb to rate him till he has had the opportunity to play a few games at the top level.
I don’t mind the question, but it’s a bit early mate, so back in 7-8 weeks and we can have a better idea.

Kevinward777

First Grader

Kalyn Ponga is going to be playing fullback. Connor Watson has first dibs on the six jumper, and Ash Taylor is playing halfback for the Tits. Elegy is the 5/8, not that there is much difference between a six and seven these days.

Jurbo has got his own column in the Manly Daily . He basically states that Croker will be long term partner of DCE.. Is that goodbye Hastings ?

Sea Eagle Jake Trbojevic’s exclusive column
Jake Trbojevic, Manly Daily

Hello Sea Eagles fans.

Can I start by saying how excited I am to be writing a column for my local paper, the Manly Daily.

Like the Sea Eagles, the Manly Daily is an institution on the northern beaches, so I am excited to be writing this column.

It was great to blow out the cobwebs on Saturday night against the Sydney Roosters at Gosford after a tough pre-season.

All of the boys were pretty happy to play some footy against someone else for a change. You do get tired of tackling your teammates each day.

4708d3acdbcb3e360b9c241aede0ce97

Jake Trbojevic poses for a photograph with a fan during the club’s Fan Day at Lottoland. Picture; AAP/ Rafal Kontrym.
I thought we played pretty well considering it was the first hit out for most of the players in the Team.

Trials are trials and there are always some errors, so there will be a few things our coach

Trent Barrett will have us working on before our first game.

NOT HALVES BAD

I thought new five-eighth Lachlan Croker did well in his first game with halfback Daly Cherry-Evans.

They have been working really well together over the summer and I am hoping it will become a partnership that will only get better in time.

It was also great to see our new second-rower Joel Thompson in the Manly jersey. He is a quality player and brings so much to our team.

10ad06e74cfb871df32bb54984def143

Tom Trbojevic scores a try in the trial game against the Roosters last Saturday. Picture: AAP/Darren Pateman.
READY FOR ACTION

With the pre-season over and the necessary trials out of the way, it really is an exciting time now for the boys.

Like all rugby league fans, we too are counting down the days until our first premiership match against the Newcastle Knights on Friday, March 9.

Playing the Knights on their home ground in front of what is expected to be a huge crowd will be a tremendous challenge for us.

As a player, these are the games you want to play in and we will certainly be pumped up to get our season off to a winning start.

And then, we return home to Lottoland for our first huge game of the season against arch rivals Parramatta Eels on Sunday, March 18.

As a proud Manly junior, there is nothing better than running out for the Sea Eagles in front of a packed home crowd.

I’m sure this will be the case for our first game, so if you haven’t got your tickets yet, do it now. See you there!

c5a8c5579f76b2d49a0ed0520b076df9

Jake Trbojevic on the run against the Roosters last Saturday, Picture: AAP/Darren Pateman.
BECOME A MEMBER

The Club has a tremendous membership drive on at the moment. If you are not a 2018 Member, then I encourage you to sign up now and help us reach our target of 12,000 Members before our round two Parramatta match at home.

There are so many benefits to enjoy as a Member from discounted tickets, merchandise, to special opportunities to meet the players throughout the season.

Membership starts from as little as $8.20 per month for adults and $5.50 a month for juniors.

Call the Membership team now on (02) 9970 3000 or visit gomanly.com.au

R3

Bird gang affiliate
Jurbo has got his own column in the Manly Daily . He basically states that Croker will be long term partner of DCE.. Is that goodbye Hastings ?

Sea Eagle Jake Trbojevic’s exclusive column
Jake Trbojevic, Manly Daily

Hello Sea Eagles fans.

Can I start by saying how excited I am to be writing a column for my local paper, the Manly Daily.

Like the Sea Eagles, the Manly Daily is an institution on the northern beaches, so I am excited to be writing this column.

It was great to blow out the cobwebs on Saturday night against the Sydney Roosters at Gosford after a tough pre-season.

All of the boys were pretty happy to play some footy against someone else for a change. You do get tired of tackling your teammates each day.

4708d3acdbcb3e360b9c241aede0ce97

Jake Trbojevic poses for a photograph with a fan during the club’s Fan Day at Lottoland. Picture; AAP/ Rafal Kontrym.
I thought we played pretty well considering it was the first hit out for most of the players in the Team.

Trials are trials and there are always some errors, so there will be a few things our coach

Trent Barrett will have us working on before our first game.

NOT HALVES BAD

I thought new five-eighth Lachlan Croker did well in his first game with halfback Daly Cherry-Evans.

They have been working really well together over the summer and I am hoping it will become a partnership that will only get better in time.

It was also great to see our new second-rower Joel Thompson in the Manly jersey. He is a quality player and brings so much to our team.

10ad06e74cfb871df32bb54984def143

Tom Trbojevic scores a try in the trial game against the Roosters last Saturday. Picture: AAP/Darren Pateman.
READY FOR ACTION

With the pre-season over and the necessary trials out of the way, it really is an exciting time now for the boys.

Like all rugby league fans, we too are counting down the days until our first premiership match against the Newcastle Knights on Friday, March 9.

Playing the Knights on their home ground in front of what is expected to be a huge crowd will be a tremendous challenge for us.

As a player, these are the games you want to play in and we will certainly be pumped up to get our season off to a winning start.

And then, we return home to Lottoland for our first huge game of the season against arch rivals Parramatta Eels on Sunday, March 18.

As a proud Manly junior, there is nothing better than running out for the Sea Eagles in front of a packed home crowd.

I’m sure this will be the case for our first game, so if you haven’t got your tickets yet, do it now. See you there!

c5a8c5579f76b2d49a0ed0520b076df9

Jake Trbojevic on the run against the Roosters last Saturday, Picture: AAP/Darren Pateman.
BECOME A MEMBER

The Club has a tremendous membership drive on at the moment. If you are not a 2018 Member, then I encourage you to sign up now and help us reach our target of 12,000 Members before our round two Parramatta match at home.

There are so many benefits to enjoy as a Member from discounted tickets, merchandise, to special opportunities to meet the players throughout the season.

Membership starts from as little as $8.20 per month for adults and $5.50 a month for juniors.

Call the Membership team now on (02) 9970 3000 or visit gomanly.com.au

Looks like the Sea Eagles membership drive could potentially gets as many plugs as @BOZO with his posts about the Silvertails Tipping comp ; )
He must be taking notes off you mate haha

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18