Kurt De Luis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
im always happy to see his name in the 17, you know what you'll get with him.
no missed tackles & hit ups with effort.
i hope it doesn't happen but he is the type of player melbourne sign for minimum or not much more than turn into bloody good players.
Would love for him to gain a contract with us! Needs a full off season to work on his sprint technique though! Haha

Depth has been an issue for us in seasons past. And Depth is an issue for many of the struggling teams in the comp this year. (Cowboys, Tigers, Knights, Warriors, Broncs, Titans all have depth issues for example)

Kurt has done a fine job, and fits our new 'moneyball' selective signing track record of 2021.

Knowing you have guys that can slot into your system and perform their job adequately is the hallmark of the successful clubs, and with our shrewd recruitment decisions this year (often done under massive protest from ST mind you!), I think we are in an enviable position on depth and strength of squad. Players are going to want to come into the Manly system, play with greats like Turbo, be mentored by the enigma that is Des.

Kurt fits our philosophy and has been reliable if not spectacular when used, and if he is hungry for time, he could do worse than build loyalty with a coach like Des by showing it himself and staying around.

I hope he does.

I think his interview was quite revealing. Firstly as a kid growing up in WA he set himself a goal of playing Rugby league - "that's all I wanted to do" - left the state to pursue that dream, got his gig at Blacktown and worked FULL TIME and then went to training. Was given the opportunity in the NRL and he obviously understands his role. He spoke about just "doing my role". He is not under any illusions or delusions knows he has to work harder than most to achieve you could say less.. but delivering without an ego and a sense of entitlement makes him a keeper for mine even if he becomes our full time 18th man.

I think his interview was quite revealing. Firstly as a kid growing up in WA he set himself a goal of playing Rugby league - "that's all I wanted to do" - left the state to pursue that dream, got his gig at Blacktown and worked FULL TIME and then went to training. Was given the opportunity in the NRL and he obviously understands his role. He spoke about just "doing my role". He is not under any illusions or delusions knows he has to work harder than most to achieve you could say less.. but delivering without an ego and a sense of entitlement makes him a keeper for mine even if he becomes our full time 18th man.
De Luis and Davey are both keepers for mine. Their no-nonsense approach to the game, based on strength through adversity and resilience, are vital to our teams culture going forward. We need players like them in the squad.

i hope it doesn't happen but he is the type of player melbourne sign for minimum or not much more than turn into bloody good players.
Spot on ……

Ssh...careful Bellyache might hear you :lipssealed:

de louis.JPG

Some solid minutes for a Blacktown Workers, 100% tackle efficiency, hope he gets a try soon

View attachment 19094

Some solid minutes for a Blacktown Workers, 100% tackle efficiency, hope he gets a try soon
Thats first grade stats mate.
I find this next one even more interesting.
Kurt De Luis

Played 6
Won 5
Lost 1
Drawn -
Win % 83%

And if he played last start it would have been six wins out of seven games at 86%. Thats a pretty high winning percentage right there.

Thats first grade stats mate.
I find this next one even more interesting.
Kurt De Luis

Played 6
Won 5
Lost 1
Drawn -
Win % 83%

And if he played last start it would have been six wins out of seven games at 86%. Thats a pretty high winning percentage right there.
Kurt De Luis = almost 3 x Trent Barrett on career winning %, or 9 x if you are just counting 2021

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8