Pre-Game Knights v Manly [Round 13, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 18
McDonald Jones Stadium
28 May 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the general consensus “ not a chance in hell “ with this game ??
The bookies have us as underdogs for a reason. Those Origin "outs" are massive. But I reckon it will all depend on how our replacements perform. Newcastle are a bit like us in that the difference between their best game and their worst game is massive. So if we can stick with them, there's always a chance. Would I bet on it? No, I would not:)

The bookies have us as underdogs for a reason. Those Origin "outs" are massive. But I reckon it will all depend on how our replacements perform. Newcastle are a bit like us in that the difference between their best game and their worst game is massive. So if we can stick with them, there's always a chance. Would I bet on it? No, I would not:)
Agree exactly with this summart - apart from taking Manky with 10.5 start in Sundays game :wait:

If our pack turns up and lay a foundation we have plenty of points in our backs. Sadly we are like a box of chocolates you never know what your are going to get. We really need some creativity at dummy half I hope GCKT gets a spot on the bench and Arthur gets a start at 7. I am concerned that Newcastle will spot Johns again and run their big forwards at him especially close to our line.

If our pack turns up and lay a foundation we have plenty of points in our backs. Sadly we are like a box of chocolates you never know what your are going to get. We really need some creativity at dummy half I hope GCKT gets a spot on the bench and Arthur gets a start at 7. I am concerned that Newcastle will spot Johns again and run their big forwards at him especially close to our line.
Seib's could be throwing up a sneaky smoke screen in front of AOB and wont know till match day. Hoping that this is the case.

Looks like a tough game, we're loading up on as many Hard Nut forwards as possible.

Has anyone seen much of Cooper's long kicking game? Daly tends to like doing the kicking, in his absence I'm not sure who is taking that on.

Tui at 14 is a headscratcher. I am guessing we might try using him in a Dylan Walker-style "running forward" role?

Looks like a tough game, we're loading up on as many Hard Nut forwards as possible.

Has anyone seen much of Cooper's long kicking game? Daly tends to like doing the kicking, in his absence I'm not sure who is taking that on.

Tui at 14 is a headscratcher. I am guessing we might try using him in a Dylan Walker-style "running forward" role?
That selection is bewildering.

I know we are down in troops BUT surely Gordie 3 names is a better option there

You're right it's outta left field. But I doubt it would be a Dylan Walker role, more likely a Bullemor role. Just take many hitups running hard each time, and tackle anything that comes near.
The fact he has jersey 14 is a further anomaly of course. Is there still doubt about Lawton? Or Johns?

No idea actually!

That selection is bewildering.

I know we are down in troops BUT surely Gordie 3 names is a better option there
If we have an injury in the halves..and also to cover to the backs. Garrick to fullback Tui to wing and Weekes the halves.

Thats the idea i guess. Likely we wont see him come on if there are no injuries.

Still would prefer Gordy.. but can understand it.

If Johns has another average game, that should be his last game for a while. He needs to spend time in Reggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8