Pre-Game Knights v Manly [Round 13, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 18
McDonald Jones Stadium
28 May 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the outs this week surely now is the time for Gordie to debut. I would like/expect to see something like this:

Garrick (c)
Saab
Parker
Koula
Vaega
Schuster
Weekes/Humphries
Paseka
Croker
Keppie
Olakau’atu
Fainu
Lawton

GCKT
Bullemor
Sipley
Condon

Under no circumstances should Johns come back in and today only highlighted just how much of a negative impact he was having on our side. He was also the worst player in the field in the Mudgee game against the Knights so I’m sure they’re hoping we play him again too.

Whoever it is that plays 7, it will be interesting to see if they can get Olakau’atu and Koula more involved like Foz did during origin last year
Got injured today Gordy... not sure how bad

This upcoming game can put our season well and truly back on track after the disastrous month it's been before this amazing canberra performance. We win here, I don't care how or about how much, 2 points then get the bye and now we are virtually 3 on the trot. Then the week off, regroup, origin stars back, fortress brooky vrs the phins. In the topsy turvy and tight competition it's been we need to clean up these winnable games. Newcastle away is going to be very tough though, especially with the outs we are going to have but we have to win no matter what.

Team I'd personally go for:

Weekes (1 more chance at FB, let's see if the Schuster effect works on him)
Saab
Koula
Parker
Garrick
Schuster
Humphries/Johns (difficult decision, idk if we should give Coops one more chance or go for rookie)
Paseka
Croker
Keppie
Haumole
Fainu
Lawton

Kum
Condon
Sipley
Bully

Nine reporting Ponga and Gagai wont be selected for origin but Frizell back for nsw.

Who Captains if both DCE and Jake are picked for SOO1? I have penciled in Garrick as a possible candidate. Any other suggestions?

Keppie, obv.

Er... Maybe croker, Garrick would be ok as well.

I mean Jake won't be picked for origin but I'm not sure if that rules him out of the Knights game.

I’d love to see Humphries instead of Johns

With the outs this week surely now is the time for Gordie to debut. I would like/expect to see something like this:
Without Tom and DCE (and maybe also Jake, as well as all the other outs) I think we'll go with the more experienced guys where possible. Ideally you bring debutants into a strong settled lineup, not one missing its biggest stars plus a bunch of other regulars, and one that already has a couple of guys with about one full game between them!
Very important game, we need to build momentum from that great win.

Nine reporting Ponga and Gagai wont be selected for origin but Frizell back for nsw.

Out of all the weeks to play Newcastle this week is not the one.

Ponga will want to prove slater wrong.

Crazy decision by QLD but as they say when in Queensland anything is possible.

I'm thinking Gaz to Fullback and Vaega comes back into the wing?
I don't think I see Weekes coming into FB.

I don’t mind Ponga being in the side, yes he can be deadly with his running game, but and the big but is, his defence is bog average, (I’m sure Billy knows that as well), his not in great form and I think we can exploit him, (hopefully he over plays his hand trying to push for a recall) if we make him work without the ball, send traffic at him at every opportunity, perhaps we can blunt his running game and play through him with the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8