Post-Game Discussion Knights v Manly [Round 12, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Knights
Vs
Sea Eagles
18 McDonald Jones Stadium
30 May 2021 16:05
80th minute

Match Stats

We will bounce back..keppie cost us this match..and funa is worse than i thought..i think des is part to blame playing him in 5/8..he was useless and it effected toms performance..crocker or lawton to 5/8 from the start i think would of worked much better..but yeah..dumb plays cost us this time but we will come out of the bye ok i think

We've always played against 14 but the14th player is stronger than ever with their reinforced whistles.
Sort of game you could normally take with a grain of salt but our bad start to the season means it matters more than it should unfortunately. Shame they scored that last try.

Incredibly flat
Ridiculous penalty count
Funa at 5/8
Very bad use of bench in a game where we spent 20 minutes with 12 men
Andrew Voss (not responsible for loss but made it so much worse to bear)

Des responsible for three of the five.

Ordinary, some of the guys put in big defensive efforts.

DCE was very disappointing, he can’t get us over the line in attack.

Played and lost against a 3 grade u/20 newcastle team.
The captain has no heart or leadership. Quite simply a cat. He gets MoM when we win by 30 but hides in tough games.

Didn't watch the game as was playing golf, but got the last 25 min on radio driving home. I am annoyed because it sounded like we lacked any patience, and this was a game we should have won. Too often we lose games we are heavy favourites. Also sounds like Keppie had a shocker and Tom not involved.

Posted this is the game day thread, but I'll post it again. Tonight wasn't about Cummins. We looked lazy, lethargic, ill-disciplined and showed very little respect for the ball:

Taupau off-load to no-one
Funa sloppy flat ball to no-one
DCE's handling of loose balls
The 35 tries of a 40-20 (run the ball for goodness sakes)
Des utilisation of the bench
Keppie's ill discipline
Croker's lack of running again

I thought Harper was great. I thought Garrick was good. I though Saab was fantastic. I thought Lawton was great.

I also thougt a few of our big name, potential Origin players played safe games & within themselves (starting to dislike Origin more and more).

Our injuries showed tonight:
Manase Fainu, Cade Cust, Kieran Foran, Dylan Walker, Josh Schuster, Josh Aloiai, Morgan Boyle, Haumole Olakau'atu, Andrew Davey, Jack Gosiewski, Curtis Sironen & Zac Saddler during the game.

All things considered, we are doing fantastically. 12 players out or injured !!

That was a really bad game from us. Yes the refereeing was atrocious, and gave us no real chance of winning that game. Funa was defintely the wrong choice at five eight. We played extremely dumb football. Our attack was clunky and our defence was pretty woeful as well. We had a lot of players out. Keppie had his worst game all year. Tom made no impact. DCE was off his game again etc etc etc These are all reasonably valid excuses (some more than others) for what we saw tonight. BUT how important is Schuster to us right now? Thoughts.

anyone got one of these close to
mcdonald jones stadium.

Attachments

• C8F31B93-8FDF-46AF-8292-F3D58D34DD42.jpeg
    C8F31B93-8FDF-46AF-8292-F3D58D34DD42.jpeg
    20.3 KB · Views: 3
The reffing was one thing. The bigger issues are the way we played. Keppie isn’t worth the occasional good thing, loose cannon with no game awareness. Funa isn’t a 5/8, but that’s on des. And dce needs to actually do something, thoroughly useless performance by all of them.

Could’ve really solidified our spot in the ladder.

We are fodder anyway over origin with our best players unavailable and when they are, they won’t have their mind on manly

You know, I can accept losing if we didn't play well and lets face it, today we were sorta kinda crap for the most part. But that was one of the single most biased refereeing performances I have ever seen in ANY sport and I have been watching sport since the late 1970s.

Turbo has put a mountain of effort today and clocked up serious km's.

This is what happens when our go forward sets are not saved by Tom and we get into a grind of set for set---we can easily bring teams back into play especially when our ball movement is reduced by lacking a 5/8.

Newcastle doubled up their efforts on reducing Toms impact like most clubs would and did well in this regard.

Lawton was really good, some good direct hitups and some great defensive efforts.

Yes Keppie is over aggressive but at least he tries to spark and lead, Paseka has gone missing in this regard. Taupau's impact is better off the bench but we are down on troops of starting quality.(might still be worth the risk coming off the bench against teams of Newcastle's quality.

Tom's return from injury has been a joy and inspiration to watch, his efforts in every game is like a man on a mission to repay the club for the amount of time he has been out of play.(some of his effort plays today that required long running distances was incredible to watch)

Tom has announced himself as the next captain without a doubt.

I’m really disappointed with Toms effort in attack tonight. I don’t expect he’d be able to carry on his stellar form forever. But between him and DCE, that was piss-poor.
The bye and the return of Shuster can’t come quick enough.

I look at it a different way - no 5/8 for the entire game and that showed big time, 2 forwards on the bench and 1 is out with a broken jaw, 2 sin bins, 3 players saving themselves for Origin. This was a banana skin game and we slipped.

Bright side is after the Bye we get some troops back but it was important to get a win tonight. Not sure it Turbo will be risked to play against the Cowboys after Origin but having Foran, Walker and Siro and potential Schu and Guaca back helps with bench strength as well. We won’t need to ride 2 backs on the bench just to fill the 17 players.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8