Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What about them ?

I'm simply addressing the monumental misconception that the Great Man Keppie is somehow error prone ... or is giving away penalties ....

and the numbers clearly show he isn't .....
I was just curious, you had a lot of good stats in there and it would have been interesting to compare metreage

Our Great Sea eagle Bill Hamilton lives up the far North Coast and always makes the trip down to Manly to celebrate our clubs Grand final Victory functions
Bill is not only a Golden Eagle but also a Premiership winning Manly legend
Big Herman , gee he improved heaps in those premiership years of 72 - 73 in particular . pretty sure that he made a Kangaroo tour in 72 also . Had a good long stride on him too and could cover a bit of ground whenever there was any limited opportunity .

Big Herman , gee he improved heaps in those premiership years of 72 - 73 in particular . pretty sure that he made a Kangaroo tour in 72 also . Had a good long stride on him too and could cover a bit of ground whenever there was any limited opportunity .
Bill is such a lovely man . I had the Great pleasure to speak to him at our clubs functions

He played in the most brutal era where knees , elbows and everything goes
where there was no place to hide and the refs turned a blind eye

Bill was tough and he was made of the right stuff that wins Manly Grand finals
1684886411851.png

It’s the type of error and when it happens. It’s often down on our line when we are under the pump and really don’t need it…or when we finally get an attacking set after defending down the other end for so long, and he’ll muff the play-the-ball…or we’ll have the opposition pinned and he’ll slip a little high and give away a penalty…that kinda thing won’t show up in the stats.

He has shortcomings…lack of leg speed and a ‘Taupau’ like howler, but there’s plenty of upside. He is the guy that makes it personal and will look to shift momentum with a big tackle. He is improving.

Like Schu, he has talent but he is not the finished product yet, so critiquing his performances is fair game…he was dropped earlier in the season before injury hit, so the coaching staff obviously think he needs work.

Or like when Turbo dropped 2 bombs cold as a spud ... 10m from our line .... giving Canberra 2 full attacking sets inside our 20m .... were they GOOD times to make a mistake ?

The notion that the Great Man Keppie's 4 recorded errors in 10 games .. somehow ... amazingly ... remarkably ... unbelievably ... all came at exactly the worst time ..... is so fukken ridiculous as to be unanswerable .

Yes. Keppie has short comings ... and critical analysis is good ... but some of the hysterical crap on here is just nonsense

I am always happy to give Keppie an extra chance purely for the work he does off the field.

I know it is a results based business etc but I love his work here Sean Keppie - What Ability

He just seems like a good humble human

Keppie and our players do a lot of inspirational community work and that is so admirable

But in a results driven business our players need to drive that winning Manly premiership trophy back home

Manly with out a Premiership win
Is like an Eagle with out wings

1684886673560.png

I was just curious, you had a lot of good stats in there and it would have been interesting to compare metreage

The following stats are averages per game from NRL Premiership Players stats

Bullymore ..43 mins . 11 runs . 96 run meters ..20 tackles .( 8.73m per run, 1 run every 3.9 mins)
Keppie .. 38 mins . 8 runs . 74 run meters ..20 tackles .( 9.25m per run,1 run every 4.75 mins)
Jake T .. 76 mins . 10 runs . 75 run meters ..38 tackles . ( 7.5m per run, 1 run every 7.6 mins)
J. aliaoi .. 44 mins . 10 runs . 92 run meters ..21 tackles . ( 9.2m per run, 1 run every 4.4 mins)
Paseka .. 50 mins 14 runs . 136 run meters ..23 tackles .( 9.7m per run, 1 run every 3.57 mins)
Sipley .. 34 mins . 10 runs . 88 run meters ..17 tackles . ( 8.8m per run, 1 run every 3.4 mins)
Woods .. 32 mins . 9 runs . 72 run meters ..20 tackles . ( 8m per run, 1 run every 3.55 mins)

Huamole .. 80 mins .12 runs . 118 run meters ..24 tackles . ( 9.8m per run, 1 run every 6.7 mins)
Tuilagi .. 63 mins . 7 runs . 60 run meters ..19 tackles . ( 8.6m per run, 1 run every 9 mins)

Make of them as you will ..

After watching all the 2023 games , my take is Keppie with Paseka and Jake at 13 for the next few rounds until it is not working or someone is injured .

Or like when Turbo dropped 2 bombs cold as a spud ... 10m from our line .... giving Canberra 2 full attacking sets inside our 20m .... were they GOOD times to make a mistake ?

The notion that the Great Man Keppie's 4 recorded errors in 10 games .. somehow ... amazingly ... remarkably ... unbelievably ... all came at exactly the worst time ..... is so fukken ridiculous as to be unanswerable .

Yes. Keppie has short comings ... and critical analysis is good ... but some of the hysterical crap on here is just nonsense
Where is the hysterical crap?
Everything written has been considered,critical analysis.
Labelling considered,critical analysis as hysterical seems a little hysterical(hypocritical).
Today's sesame street letter kiddies is the letter H.
Hope he kills it on the weekend.

Wow ... that was a lot of work to try and convince me there is a huge difference between giving away 4 penalties and giving away 5 penalties ...

To answer your question ... all players have flaws in their game .. but I believe in the case of the great man Keppie they are widely over exaggerated ...

And the numbers show he doesn't make any more errors than anybody else ... and doesn't give away any more penalties than anybody else .... and doesn't miss any more tackles than anybody else ....

But some people will sit at home waiting for a mistake to scream the myth is real ...

Oh Tootsie.

A bit like you sitting at home waiting for every Schu mistake and thinking of your next pathetic fat or kfc joke.

Keppie has a little pudding on him. Where is your smart arse fat shaming for him?

Oh Tootsie.

A bit like you sitting at home waiting for every Schu mistake and thinking of your next pathetic fat or kfc joke.

Keppie has a little pudding on him. Where is your smart arse fat shaming for him?

Good grief ... do you need a cuddle ... are you crying for attention?

It only took one exchange to remind me why I don’t bother with the forum anymore.

I wasn’t referring to his 4 errors in 10 games specifically…nor am I suggesting it’s literally every error that’s in opportune…I thought you’d infer that it’s a general trend across his career thus far…that hardly seems like an hysterical opinion to hold.

What you are though is a childish hypocrite. You give it to Schu and it’s fair game and someone critiques an area of your precious Keppie’s game and you blow a gasket.

Thank you for reminding me why I left…I’ll make sure the door doesn’t hit me on my way out 😂

It only took one exchange to remind me why I don’t bother with the forum anymore.

I wasn’t referring to his 4 errors in 10 games specifically…nor am I suggesting it’s literally every error that’s in opportune…I thought you’d infer that it’s a general trend across his career thus far…that hardly seems like an hysterical opinion to hold.

What you are though is a childish hypocrite. You give it to Schu and it’s fair game and someone critiques an area of your precious Keppie’s game and you blow a gasket.

Thank you for reminding me why I left…I’ll make sure the door doesn’t hit me on my way out 😂
It is actually a very old and very common tactic when someone refuses to concede a point.
Try to distract by taking the discussion off on a tangent.
If it doesn't work then try to provoke an argument by being aggressive or offensive to again distract.
If that doesn't work then claim that the other party is crazy/confused and leave the discussion lol.

It is actually a very old and very common tactic when someone refuses to concede a point.
Try to distract by taking the discussion off on a tangent.
If it doesn't work then try to provoke an argument by being aggressive or offensive to again distract.
If that doesn't work then claim that the other party is crazy/confused and leave the discussion lol.

I try to distract ... please ...

My point of interest has been to challenge the notion that Keppie makes too many errors ... I did this, not by provoking an argument ... but by providing the actual numbers from the NRL Stats .

Rather than comment or refute those numbers ... one bloke says yes, but Keppie's errors are worse than other peoples ... Good Lord give me patience .. fortunately he has left the building.

.. another flea who craves attention jumps in with Shoo nonsense ..

and you doing the unconvincing wise man above it all routine ..

and I'm still waiting for one of you Ironstines to either prove the numbers wrong ... or admit that the common belief of too many errors from Keppie is a myth ..

I try to distract ... please ...

My point of interest has been to challenge the notion that Keppie makes too many errors ... I did this, not by provoking an argument ... but by providing the actual numbers from the NRL Stats .

Rather than comment or refute those numbers ... one bloke says yes, but Keppie's errors are worse than other peoples ... Good Lord give me patience .. fortunately he has left the building.

.. another flea who craves attention jumps in with Shoo nonsense ..

and you doing the unconvincing wise man above it all routine ..

and I'm still waiting for one of you Ironstines to either prove the numbers wrong ... or admit that the common belief of too many errors from Keppie is a myth ..
Oh dear lord as you like to say,you are still taking it off on a tangent.
The initial comment was that he had flaws and you then went off on a tangent about his number of errors and penalties.
When it has been repeatedly pointed out what the flaws are that people are talking about such as lazy marker defence and lazy covering from the inside,giving dumb penalties at dumb times which is not a myth as numerous posters have mentioned this( but of course they are all wrong and you are right),not improving over a number of years of playing first grade and being dropped a number of times.
These flaws don't appear on stat sheets but are what any mug can see who watches a player critically and without bias
After all this has been mentioned numerous times you fail to acknowledge this and stick to the mantra of his number of penalties and errors instead of addressing the points raised.
Instead you stick to the line of people having to prove he is giving away too many penalties when that is what no one is saying at all.
It can't be made any clearer and you still refuse to answer the points and stick to he doesn't give too many penalties away.
Been drinking from the cup of Bozo mate?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4