Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Forget the statistics guys. He is exactly the player we need in the forwards. Brings aggression and dominance which we have been missing badly last few years. Inevitable he will make mistakes. Some of the greats like boyd, rambo, igor all pushed the envelope and all got penalised big time. But they made our teams great and instrumental to winning premierships. They brought fear to our opposition. Keppie does that AND .......will only get better!!!
I like Keppie, but I wish we saw more like the performance that started this thread from him. We need him to step up alongside Paseka and lead the pack.

i love the keppie, and he brings good energy to the side but he does ignore his bread and butter role a little. run yard, bend the line, play the ball and snarl. our rotation just need a few more yardage impact gains from his energy

my opinion

Bit like Sipley in many regards , can contribute really well when he just stays disciplined and focused and sticks to the basics . Can seem a bit awkward at times with his type of build but nothing of real concern . Can play with that level of aggressiveness in the running and tackling department to lift the side and if he does maintain some consistency , again can offer plenty of good things during his on field stints .

What about run metres?

What about them ?

I'm simply addressing the monumental misconception that the Great Man Keppie is somehow error prone ... or is giving away penalties ....

and the numbers clearly show he isn't .....

In think Keppie and Paseka is a much better balanced combination than Aloiai and Paseka.

Keppie brings that aggression, tough hits etc whilst Paseka can make the metres we need up the middle (and is nearly impossible to bring down in tackles).

Paseka missed 6 tackles on the weekend - unusual for him but there may have been fatigue there playing the entire second half without a break.

Keppie for me is still a work in progress but he has enormous upside if he keeps at it.

Of course .. but it is becoming a self perpetuating myth ...

NRL Premiership Player stats have ..

Keppie .. 10 games 4 errors 2 penalties .. with a tackling efficiency of 91% ..
Paseka .. 11 games 5 errors 4 penalties .. with a tackling efficiency of 94.8%
Jake T. .. 9 games 3 errors 5 penalties .. with a tackling efficiency of 96.4%
Huamole . 11 games 5 errors 8 penlties .. with a tackling efficiency of 90.6%
K Tuilagi .. 9 games 5 errors 4 penalties ... with a tackling efficiency of 86.8%

I can't see anything in those numbers to justify 3% of the crap written about the great man Keppie

... all hail Keppie ..
I hate bagging out players and I don’t like how on the forum some get carried away with it.
in regards to these stats I suspect they would look different if we measured actual time on the field. I suspect Keepies strike rate would aptly be much higher when compared to others, likely the highest. He does have some dumb mistakes in him.

Based on actual time on the field Keppies not so good reputation doesn’t appear to be debunked completely when you look at time actually spent on the field. He has had the least game time of the players he has been compared too. Especially in regards to errors

Attachments

• 0474D73B-4CFC-4E7F-B004-D02592E13D7A.jpeg
    0474D73B-4CFC-4E7F-B004-D02592E13D7A.jpeg
    290.3 KB · Views: 33
Played a much better game, I personally don’t really see the potential, or certainly not often enough to get excited about it.

one of those players that seems to usually have net effect of zero on the game, tends to undo good work. Still has spud tendencies and plonker proclivities.

We really need him to step up and stay up with our forward stocks so diminished, so I will be backing him and hope he seizes the opportunity to become a real leader and standard setter in our pack

Played a much better game, I personally don’t really see the potential, or certainly not often enough to get excited about it.

one of those players that seems to usually have net effect of zero on the game, tends to undo good work. Still has spud tendencies and plonker proclivities.

We really need him to step up and stay up with our forward stocks so diminished, so I will be backing him and hope he seizes the opportunity to become a real leader and standard setter in our pack
Prefer someone like Blake Lawry to be honest. His efficiency is unbelievable for a no frills player.

Based on actual time on the field Keppies not so good reputation doesn’t appear to be debunked completely when you look at time actually spent on the field. He has had the least game time of the players he has been compared too. Especially in regards to errors
Watch out @Birdman72 here comes the Ferryman to challenge the concept of time…and no I won’t be paying him either whether he reaches the other side or not.

keppie is all heart and sole , this will result in frustration errors.
he plays with a passion and i love his " dont mess with us attitude" .
give him time, i see him as a starting prop in the future

Keppie does need to improve his hands
I think maybe his errors have stood out more for myself personally as have been at vital times and changed a games momentum.
Woods done a similar 1 for example after we held Storm out 4 sets on our try line, then he coughed it up on tackle 3 and it was like 5 errors in 1.....
The man Keppie himself has an awkward running style and is a raw boned animal looking to hurt peoples, so I'm a fan.
What I like most, is the fact every opposition player would be concerned about Keppie, as he is technically a great defender who can whack and has knees and elbows everywhere running the ball where they can easily catch a flying body part in the collision....this is a good thing in a pack that has often been soft imo.
Add Paseka improved power running and aggression and the pack is on the up, just need Jake in, quicker attacking options late each half from 9 and Tuilagi to improve or young Fainu to hold that left edge.
Keppie - he is a Must include every week and 1 of the first picked for the rugged toughness he contributes.

What about them ?

I'm simply addressing the monumental misconception that the Great Man Keppie is somehow error prone ... or is giving away penalties ....

and the numbers clearly show he isn't .....
It’s the type of error and when it happens. It’s often down on our line when we are under the pump and really don’t need it…or when we finally get an attacking set after defending down the other end for so long, and he’ll muff the play-the-ball…or we’ll have the opposition pinned and he’ll slip a little high and give away a penalty…that kinda thing won’t show up in the stats.

He has shortcomings…lack of leg speed and a ‘Taupau’ like howler, but there’s plenty of upside. He is the guy that makes it personal and will look to shift momentum with a big tackle. He is improving.

Like Schu, he has talent but he is not the finished product yet, so critiquing his performances is fair game…he was dropped earlier in the season before injury hit, so the coaching staff obviously think he needs work.

Keppie could be the Bill Hamilton equivalent of the 2020’s. Bill was a ‘slow burner’ who took years to develop into a first class prop forward.
I saw a very recent pic of "Herman" and got to say he looked really good. Actually not much change from his playing days and very much recognisable. Has aged beautifully. Probably the slowest prop I have ever seen but was instrumental in winning our first two comps in the early seventies. Played well against some seriously tough men (aka sattler, cliffy watson etc).

I saw a very recent pic of "Herman" and got to say he looked really good. Actually not much change from his playing days and very much recognisable. Has aged beautifully. Probably the slowest prop I have ever seen but was instrumental in winning our first two comps in the early seventies. Played well against some seriously tough men (aka sattler, cliffy watson etc).
Having O’Neill with him in those two GFs was a great move. Similar to the improvement in Phil Daley’s game when Kevin Ward joined in 1987.

Or much more recently - when Tapau played most of his best football at Manly - when teamed up with AFB.

Having O’Neill with him in those two GFs was a great move. Similar to the improvement in Phil Daley’s game when Kevin Ward joined in 1987.

Or much more recently - when Tapau played most of his best football at Manly - when teamed up with AFB.
Yeah
there are first hit up guys snd then there are the guys that follow them
those first guys

Slow but surely one of the biggest and just kept coming. Men like Reilly and Eadie were pretty big themselves but Herman even towered over John O'Neil!

View attachment 23884
Our Great Sea eagle Bill Hamilton lives up the far North Coast and always makes the trip down to Manly to celebrate our clubs Grand final Victory functions
Bill is not only a Golden Eagle but also a Premiership winning Manly legend

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4