Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When Cleary comes back, sides need to try and drive him into the ground and wipe him out of the game. Run big edge backrowers at him and make him put the shoulder to the wheel.

Smash him out of the game so we don't have to watch Luai and To'o carry on like infants while Ivan sits in the coaches box blowing kisses at the opposition fans.
Lol. Must admit my feelings of neutrality towards Panthers has been damaged a bit by signing TP Jnr. For some reason I'd be happy if he was a dud and caused unrest in their side :)
To'o is still one of my favourite players though, and a very dangerous opponent.

Lol. Must admit my feelings of neutrality towards Panthers has been damaged a bit by signing TP Jnr. For some reason I'd be happy if he was a dud and caused unrest in their side :)
To'o is still one of my favourite players though, and a very dangerous opponent
To'o is a wonderful footballer but the ego trip that he is on with Luai, Burton and Crichton is a bit much at times.

Probably no different from recovering from short term injury but would think that any quarantine time for any footy player would set them back a bit on the fitness and match ready front . Keppie was so good against the Eels and solid in some other games around that time but some mixed footy since . At his best , should rate ahead of Sipley and maybe Alioia but obviously has to get to that level again . Not his best game against the Storm but Alioia is a tough , mobile bugger when he is on and could really be an asset for the rest of the season if he can bring his A game to the side .

Anyone know if he is close to being available again. Could use him this weekend with a few front rowers unavailable.
As I posted in another thread:
"it depends on when Keppie actually leaves Sydney and returns to the bubble. If he has to quarantine for 2 weeks, he may not be available till at least the Dogs game..."

Yes, we sure could use him but its not to be.

With Paseka back in round 25 and Keppie also back soon. We are in full strength.

My preferred bench Paseka/Lawton/Walker then in order
1) Sipley or Suli, 2) Kurt De Luis, 3)Sirro, then 4) Keppie.

Possibly Paseka/Aloiai/Sipley may rotate for the starting spot

I like the idea of using Suli as a weapon if we are in a dog fight. Keppie may have played his last game if there are no further injury.

With Paseka back in round 25 and Keppie also back soon. We are in full strength.

My preferred bench Paseka/Lawton/Walker then in order
1) Sipley or Suli, 2) Kurt De Luis, 3)Sirro, then 4) Keppie.

Possibly Paseka/Aloiai/Sipley may rotate for the starting spot

I like the idea of using Suli as a weapon if we are in a dog fight. Keppie may have played his last game if there are no further injury.
Keppie is in my 17 every day of the week. He adds that extra mongrel we need for the semis.

Not sure both Lawton and Walker can be on the bench against Storm or Penrith
Lawton
Keppie
Taupau
Aloiai

I am not sure we should have Parker in the seventeen against the Scum either. That doesn't necessarily mean Suli should automatically get that spot. We have an opportunity to put Schuster in at left centre, and Lawton in as starting backrow. That means we can maintain Walker off the bench.

Walker
Keppie
Taupau
Aloiai

After 25 minutes Paseka, Sipley and Croker come off, Lawton to hooker, Walker to lock, Taupau to prop, Aloiai to prop and Jake to backrow in attack, but defends in the middle.

No changes until the 60 minute mark, when Paseka, Sipley and Keppie (or Croker depending on the situation) come on for impact in the final quarter.

I agree though that a bench that includes Walker and Lawton will not give us enough power in the middle, against both the Scum and the Panthers.

I'll be very surprised if Schuster is moved from 2nd row at this late stage, and equally surprised if Lawton and Walker don't feature on the bench. This is the plan we've been working on for months.
The only changes will be the 4 front rowers, and will simply depend who is fit. If fit, Marty Paseka and Aloiai are certain, and Keppie is my tip to take the 4th spot. Everyone else is injury cover.
The only other possible change is left field, which is Suli holding the left centre spot. Parker won't want to give him too many more chances!

Lawton
Keppie
Taupau
Aloiai

I am not sure we should have Parker in the seventeen against the Scum either. That doesn't necessarily mean Suli should automatically get that spot. We have an opportunity to put Schuster in at left centre, and Lawton in as starting backrow. That means we can maintain Walker off the bench.

Walker
Keppie
Taupau
Aloiai

After 25 minutes Paseka, Sipley and Croker come off, Lawton to hooker, Walker to lock, Taupau to prop, Aloiai to prop and Jake to backrow in attack, but defends in the middle.

No changes until the 60 minute mark, when Paseka, Sipley and Keppie (or Croker depending on the situation) come on for impact in the final quarter.

I agree though that a bench that includes Walker and Lawton will not give us enough power in the middle, against both the Scum and the Panthers.
As much as I love the creativity, you cannot be making major changes to the centres two games out from the finals. Madness.

As much as I love the creativity, you cannot be making major changes to the centres two games out from the finals. Madness.
Yes mate. @HK_Eagle I know it's not going to happen. It's certainly fits the definition of a "left field" solution. Which ironically it actually could be. Firstly, Parker has served us extremely well this year. However he has taken a lot of very heavy hits, in both attack and defence. It worries me that we might have to make this change involuntarily if he cops another headknock. And I don't necessarily see Suli as the answer against the Scum or the Panthers if that change is forced upon us. Schuster moving one position to the left, and Lawton coming in to play a position that he has already played in six games this year isnt really a massive change to the team dynamic. I am just preempting a situation which may have some likelihood of occurrence, or in this case reoccurrence.

Last edited:
08. Marty Taupau
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Josh Aloiai
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Sean Keppie
16. Toafofoa Sipley
17. Curtis Sironen

would be my team until Paseka returns, then I don't know WHO you'd drop for Paseka.

08. Marty Taupau
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Josh Aloiai
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Sean Keppie
16. Toafofoa Sipley
17. Curtis Sironen

would be my team until Paseka returns, then I don't know WHO you'd drop for Paseka.
I’d drop Sirro , cause Lawton can cover anyone better than Sirro at the moment

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8