Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I still have my doubts over Sipley fitness wise, fatigues too quickly and his lateral defence becomes lazy.

Even Keppie gets caught out, but at least with Keppie it is understandable with the amount of defensive spark he tries to generate so will show fatigue like most would.
Nah sipley is essential to this side, as is Keppie in his form yesterday

I still have my doubts over Sipley fitness wise, fatigues too quickly and his lateral defence becomes lazy.

Even Keppie gets caught out, but at least with Keppie it is understandable with the amount of defensive spark he tries to generate so will show fatigue like most would.
Is there any reference TC....not to be rude but the Sipley I seen kept up with the speed of a very fast game, made a few big shots and closed his gate when needed.
On top of that, he won most collisions to fracture the Eels defensive line with brutal running.
I will agree short, high octane stints are required as his input is more quality over quantity, but personally didn't see him off the pace so a little confused about that summary

Is there any reference TC....not to be rude but the Sipley I seen kept up with the speed of a very fast game, made a few big shots and closed his gate when needed.
On top of that, he won most collisions to fracture the Eels defensive line with brutal running.
I will agree short, high octane stints are required as his input is more quality over quantity, but personally didn't see him off the pace so a little confused about that summary

well...you see...

Only 121 metres (50 metres post contact) off 13 runs and 17 tackles in 37 mins.

lazy bugger.

Come on, leave old spud alone, he's an ex front rower who had many clashes with the chief
if he was playing now he wouldn't be ... between self inflicted concussions, sin bins and send offs ... he would never get back on the paddock

Sometimes effective but not essential is my view.
Both forwards are developing well TC. In my view they have far more upside then the players they replaced. Please explain how Boyle, Gosiewski and Sironen deserve their spots ahead of Keppie & Sipley? I think your dreaming if you believe they are more essential to the seventeen then Keppie & Sipley. Convince me I am wrong.

Both forwards are developing well TC. In my view they have far more upside then the players they replaced. Please explain how Boyle, Gosiewski and Sironen deserve their spots ahead of Keppie & Sipley? I think your dreaming if you believe they are more essential to the seventeen then Keppie & Sipley. Convince me I am wrong.
My comment(sometimes effective but not essential) was only in relation to Sipley, not Keppie.

Ok got it. But again I think Sipley has played his role for us very well, since being given that opportunity. Do you think he can continue to improve his effectiveness, to the level where he will become essential? My view is that he is not far off that already.
I just don't feel Sipley can sustain the good quality he can offer for long enough periods when the going gets tough in games.(must admit his fitness has improved a little though in the last month)

Probably the reason he comes in 10-15mins before half time, has a breather at half time without taking up an interchange and hopefully is playing amongst other players that are fatigued already in the first 15mins he is on.

I just don't feel Sipley can sustain the good quality he can offer for long enough periods when the going gets tough in games.(must admit his fitness has improved a little though in the last month)

Probably the reason he comes in 10-15mins before half time, has a breather at half time without taking up an interchange and hopefully is playing amongst other players that are fatigued already in the first 15mins he is on.
Which is pretty standard for interchange props

Des is known to not use his full bench unless he has to and likes players that can go big minutes...generally our 2nd rowers are 80 mins plus Jake also.
Aloia can go long ( when he was there) so really splitting game time between two props and maybe a breather/thrust for hooker.
Two short, quality stints from Toff is all that's required imo.

I think this period where we are short on forwards will be great for his development and fitness. Once aloiai returns he’s not going to be looking at huge minutes and he can bring a really nice point of difference with short bursts of aggression and size.

Yeah but still doesn't make it acceptable, Sipley drops off too fast when the going gets tough.

When Manly are struggling and he enters i will worry big time.
This. It's all sweet when we are downhill skiing, but we are not consistent enough yet when the going gets tough. We show it at times, but it is as reliable as DCE is to lead his team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7