Kelma Tuilagi

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He was one of those signings that I really couldn't see why we signed him, at the time I said I'd seen him play 4 or 5 times and hadn't seen anything to get excited about, another player that plays well in very small patches, and not a patch on our other dynamic young second rower, I think Ben T, Schuster and possibly Parker are better options.
So is the recruitment of Tuilagi on Des and/or Scott Fulton?
He was a done deal before Des got the flick wasn't he?

So is the recruitment of Tuilagi on Des and/or Scott Fulton?
He was a done deal before Des got the flick wasn't he?
Just glad he is now at Eels and guess what, next season he will be marking up on Okalatu so with Turbo and Tom sniffing around there's an automatic 3 - 4 try advantage in that game !

They must have put a good "highlights" reel together..haha..
And he would have some, problem is he looks like SBW in those highlights but mainly plays like Lewis Brown in the norm
I think Lewis Brown’s time at Manly was more about his misuse in the rotation, courtesy of Barrett’s cluelessness, rather than any lack of ability.

The bloke was a regular NZ international, he wasn’t an ordinary player.

I think Lewis Brown’s time at Manly was more about his misuse in the rotation, courtesy of Barrett’s cluelessness, rather than any lack of ability.

Yeah thats my point,Lewis had some awesome highlight reels but was more often very average ( for us), I could have used other names like Cory Waddell ( But he had no highlight reels) or Nate Myles.

Have you got a source/intel on this, 500k just doesn't sound kosha at all.
Yes I do. I had it confirmed yesterday. Of course, I could name the person but them this would be last bit of insider info I get. I know many other things I cannot/ will not publish.
My last tip on this forum was Flannagan being signed as assistant coach, well before anything was made public. Plenty chose to doubt that too.
Take it or leave it. I'm not fussed if people don't want to believe.
Kelma was signed as a starting back rower by Des for 3 seasons. I will leave it there.

That's not correct.
The eels gave him a new contract and we are not paying anything.. that's why it's been quoted as a deal that frees up our cap..
The only way a club would pay the contract difference is if the new club only signs the player for the contract duration and the original club agrees to it,
So essentially just taking over a current contract..
The eels signed him to a new contract as its for 3 years
He also wasn't on anything near $750k.

Gee i would love to have some of the people on here as my accountants..haha
It's absolutely correct Jay. Manly are freeing up 250K a season by offloading him. That doesn't mean the club isn't heavily subsidising the Eels to take him off our hands.

Danny Levi was also a NZ international, wasn't he?

And he is a poor NRL player.

Yes I do. I had it confirmed yesterday. Of course, I could name the person but them this would be last bit of insider info I get. I know many other things I cannot/ will not publish.
My last tip on this forum was Flannagan being signed as assistant coach, well before anything was made public. Plenty chose to doubt that too.
Kelma was signed as a starting back rower by Des for 3 seasons. I will leave it there.
Didn't know Tuilagi's contract was all hush hush WAMF, it all sounds very X file-ish, all's that's missing is the smoking guy.

Sorry mate but I have sources at the club too and your source is off the money on this one. I also have a fair bit of knowledge on player management.

Kelma requested a release, the Eels gave him a new contract so Manly DO NOT and are not paying any freight.

If Manly pushed him out the door to another club as part of a deal or in order to free up salary cap space then they would be paying the freight differential. ( This is also subject to the player actually agreeing to go, so that is also a factor in all of this)
How often do we hear clubs wanting players off their roster but the player NOT going anywhere, its because the inter club deals are not something the player accepts and or his management cant find him a deal elsewhere. So they stay, play reggies and may get a crack as back up in firsts , but they are 3rd or 4th in line, and YES the original contract value is paid by the club.

All the club did was put him on notice...
"Kelma your free to look around as you will be spending most of your time in Reggies"... if you want to stay fine, but your not in our NRL plans, if you find a club, great, ask for a release and we will grant it immediately"... which is what happened.

So when you read, requested a release or granted a release in any media this is your indication as the journos know the scope.
if the player is squeezed out as part of a deal between clubs then the journos will ALWAYS print the fact that the DEAL was done between the clubs and the player has agreed to that deal, The original club ( In this case MANLY) are paying the contract difference to the new club ( In this case Eels) this would be plastered all over the media releases.

PS- Kelma was not on $750K,, actually much less.

They must have put a good "highlights" reel together..haha..
And he would have some, problem is he looks like SBW in those highlights but mainly plays like Lewis Brown in the norm
What highlights were those?, were they when he was 6-10 years old when he's bigger than the other kids..like how you see this one big poly kid beat the entire team.

Sorry mate but I have sources at the club too and your source is off the money on this one. I also have a fair bit of knowledge on player management.

Kelma requested a release, the Eels gave him a new contract so Manly DO NOT and are not paying any freight.

If Manly pushed him out the door to another club as part of a deal or in order to free up salary cap space then they would be paying the freight differential. ( This is also subject to the player actually agreeing to go, so that is also a factor in all of this)
How often do we hear clubs wanting players off their roster but the player NOT going anywhere, its because the inter club deals are not something the player accepts and or his management cant find him a deal elsewhere. So they stay, play reggies and may get a crack as back up in firsts , but they are 3rd or 4th in line, and YES the original contract value is paid by the club.

All the club did was put him on notice...
"Kelma your free to look around as you will be spending most of your time in Reggies"... if you want to stay fine, but your not in our NRL plans, if you find a club, great, ask for a release and we will grant it immediately"... which is what happened.

So when you read, requested a release or granted a release in any media this is your indication as the journos know the scope.
if the player is squeezed out as part of a deal between clubs then the journos will ALWAYS print the fact that the DEAL was done between the clubs and the player has agreed to that deal, The original club ( In this case MANLY) are paying the contract difference to the new club ( In this case Eels) this would be plastered all over the media releases.

PS- Kelma was not on $750K,, actually much less.
If he's languishing in BWSE then he will have no chance in scoring a pay day in his next contract, whereas if hes at least playing 1st grade, hes got another chance to impress. I can see what the club did there.

I didn’t mind Tuilagi, plenty of potential there, but not upset that he is gone either

Sadly at the moment, I don’t see our current setup being one that will bring along and develop players with potential with good coaching, that’s my main concern going forward to be honest. The talent is there, but I don’t think we will harness it

I didn’t mind Tuilagi, plenty of potential there, but not upset that he is gone either

Sadly at the moment, I don’t see our current setup being one that will bring along and develop players with potential with good coaching, that’s my main concern going forward to be honest. The talent is there, but I don’t think we will harness it
Would love to see what a coach like Bellamy, Cleary, Robinson or Bennett could do with our squad.

If he's languishing in BWSE then he will have no chance in scoring a pay day in his next contract, whereas if hes at least playing 1st grade, hes got another chance to impress. I can see what the club did there.
Correct.. so often managers will get a deal ( for less money) and tell his client (player) to get a release and take the new contract.
Even if Kelma was on $400k and the Eels only offered $300k, it's not worth being in reggies and not being on show in the NRL for your next contact in 2 or 3 years

Thats
Good riddance. That is a terrible signing.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8