Kelma Tuilagi

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Now deleted post on the Eels official Twitter LOL
b02b5a9e-9d93-4b71-a223-44552df06fed.jpeg

Our Recruitment and Retention team have made some really smart decisions last 6 months. This is is one of their best. I know Tuilagi played out of position in the Eels game on Friday night but wow some seriously bad defence and slow pace there. Surely had to be playing injured???
Interesting to watch Keppie Harper and Tuilagi all put in the same type of pedestrian efforts that have got @Ryan fired up.

I thought Samuela Fainu played alright when he came on.

Our Recruitment and Retention team have made some really smart decisions last 6 months. This is is one of their best. I know Tuilagi played out of position in the Eels game on Friday night but wow some seriously bad defence and slow pace there. Surely had to be playing injured???
Sadly for him, this was how he was with us tbh. Looks the part, but on game day ...meh..

Interesting to watch Keppie Harper and Tuilagi all put in the same type of pedestrian efforts that have got @Ryan fired up.

I thought Samuela Fainu played alright when he came on.
Fainu is definitely a baller but he is at least 1-2 years off furnishing as a consistent impact player… I have not seen enough of Latu to make a judgement but, from all accounts, the sky is the limit for the kid…
Thing is that, given the family history, 2 years is much too long to wait on the chance that they do stay on the path… sure, they may produce sooner but I have not seen anything from these kids that says “retain at all cost” (ie. Ponga, SBW, DCE, Cleary, Haas etc etc)
We paid the Fainu bills based on potential for way too long and it was a brave but correct decision to cut them loose (imo)…

Fainu is definitely a baller but he is at least 1-2 years off furnishing as a consistent impact player… I have not seen enough of Latu to make a judgement but, from all accounts, the sky is the limit for the kid…
Thing is that, given the family history, 2 years is much too long to wait on the chance that they do stay on the path… sure, they may produce sooner but I have not seen anything from these kids that says “retain at all cost” (ie. Ponga, SBW, DCE, Cleary, Haas etc etc)
We paid the Fainu bills based on potential for way too long and it was a brave but correct decision to cut them loose (imo)…
Especially at 500 k each and with Brooksy virtually ready to go from the get go literally .
Sam has ability but no more then the likes of Bully and Burbo for contemporary comparisons
Latu [ who has been a bit injury prone in recent seasons ] certainly has the ability to get to a good level half rating whether sooner or latter

Kelma's "performance" was horrendous but how much of this is on the coach. Surely you have to have a contingency plan if one of your outside backs goes down.
Arthur's decision to put Tualagi at centre was up there with Fittler doing the same to Cook in Origin.

Tuilagi seems a good individual type player but with Manly anyway just could not seem to eliminate those usually costly lapses at certain times .
Probably was on some pretty fair money at Manly as well , not sure how his contract [ or remaining] Manly contract arrangements were settled but better outcome for Manly all round with moving him on .

The interesting thing about the Fainu/Brooks 'swap' if we can call it that, is DCE's impending retirement. Even if Latu ends up a serious first grader, it'll be some years (if ever) before he is capable of leading a team around the park on his own. Essentially, Brooks experience might be the most important attribute we have when DCE packs it in. Alternatively, two young halves together may see Manly fall off cliff.

The interesting thing about the Fainu/Brooks 'swap' if we can call it that, is DCE's impending retirement. Even if Latu ends up a serious first grader, it'll be some years (if ever) before he is capable of leading a team around the park on his own. Essentially, Brooks experience might be the most important attribute we have when DCE packs it in. Alternatively, two young halves together may see Manly fall off cliff.
“Fortunately” there is not far to fall as the “cliff” is more like a step atm…

Yeah, paying the Fainu's over the many season's was like donating money to a crooked charity.

A lot of tacklers fell off Cliff(y) back in the day... :)

Tuilagi seems a good individual type player but with Manly anyway just could not seem to eliminate those usually costly lapses at certain times .
Probably was on some pretty fair money at Manly as well , not sure how his contract [ or remaining] Manly contract arrangements were settled but better outcome for Manly all round with moving him on .
Tuilagi was decent in attack but horrendous as a defender.

Glad Manly cut bait on him as soon as they did.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8