Kelly to lift

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Reminds me of the early days of Steve M - not for his style of play but the lack of consistency when they come into first grade. The amount of people calling for his head in those days....

What amazes me is how so many supporters expect players to perform as soon as they in first grade. How many players do that? I would suggest they are the execption rather than the rule

We saw it with Api where he is getting better the more he plays in first grade (really only in his 3rd year of first grade Grand Final win apart?)

Is he going to be a world beater? I am not sure. What I am sure of is that first grade NRL is an incredibly tough game which takes years, not games, to develop

Same with Matai and Glenn Stewart. In fact,l I probably put Kelly ahead of Matai in the respective point in his career. Never forget Matabele screaming at Matai on the Central Coast out of frustration early on! If only I could turn invisible !

Until he settles, gotta take the good with the bad. Yesterday not good and the only game I've been to against the Dragons he was diabolical. That said, there is enough quality in the bloke to persevere. His pass to Walker vs the Roosters got us the two points. Also like the way that despite playing crap yesterday he kept putting himself in a position to make a contribution. Even with 20 seconds left he got in there to make a hit-up, where i think most young blokes having the day he was , would have left it for someone else.

He's got heart. Seemed a bit crestfallen at times in the game but kept trying. He seems to be holding his chest or shoulder so I reckon he is playing hurt. Maybe a week off to recover would help?

Most young blokes get a few games up in the top grade then a few down in reserves. Brian has had no down time, no easy games, just the full 1st grade grind.

He's got heart. Seemed a bit crestfallen at times in the game but kept trying. He seems to be holding his chest or shoulder so I reckon he is playing hurt. Maybe a week off to recover would help?

Most young blokes get a few games up in the top grade then a few down in reserves. Brian has had no down time, no easy games, just the full 1st grade grind.
He wouldn't be used to the week in week out physicality yet.
In fact I reckon he'll need a full off season of conditioning to be totally equipped for the rigour's of 1st grade.

Give him a break, he's part of the big picture and I'm sure TB has his downfalls covered in the next few training sessions. Trent knows way more than we will every know about each of the players. If he feels Kelly is worthy I'm buying into it.

For a first full season at such a young age doing more than fine.

Runs some very good change of line runs, has a little Matai in him in relation to taking some hitups, some nice hands and footwork.

Some inconsistency in defence but can make good tackles also.

Will be a reliable consistent player eventually and not overly impact the cap as much as a superstar, you need that balance in a squad.

Kels is young, first year in NRL and has yet to learn how to adjust to the different conditions.@:cool:

Yesterday he expected to jump to his feet for a quick play the ball - slipped on the wet track:cool:

He expected the ball to bounce up from Chez kick - dead cat bounce on soggy ground :cool:

Kels is a quick learner and the video session will show him the bleeding obvious :nod:
Dead cat bounce....lol@:D

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10