Kelly to lift

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
A mate of mine coached jamie lyon at wee waa when he was a young bloke . I said to him "we are going to miss killer this year mate" and he said" young brian kelly is going to be a gooden".

If Greg Eastwood can start out as a winger I guess anyone can.
I am keen for Parker to see some NRL action but not sure if we can be asking for much more from Kelly at this stage.

When was Eastwood a winger, under 10's? The guy was a butterball when he was at the Broncos 10 years ago and his gut has only gotten bigger.

I can believe Beaver being a winger in his junior days because he had the pace of a centre (well, a centre back in the 90's). But I find it hard to believe Eastwood was ever one.

When was Eastwood a winger, under 10's? The guy was a butterball when he was at the Broncos 10 years ago and his gut has only gotten bigger.

I can believe Beaver being a winger in his junior days because he had the pace of a centre (well, a centre back in the 90's). But I find it hard to believe Eastwood was ever one.
Not sure if he was ever a winger, but Eastwood was definitely a lot more streamlined when he first started at the Broncos. I remember him as a second rower, similar in build to Beaver. It wasn't till he went away to the UK (quite early in his career) and came back that he packed on the weight and moved to the front row. Never minded him as a player, always very skilful.

EDIT: Well, it turns out he DID play one game as a winger in Round 18, 2006:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...l/news-story/c7dd160aa99f5444afd61a0638eb51b2

Last edited:
Not sure if he was ever a winger, but Eastwood was definitely a lot more streamlined when he first started at the Broncos. I remember him as a second rower, similar in build to Beaver. It wasn't till he went away to the UK (quite early in his career) and came back that he packed on the weight and moved to the front row. Never minded him as a player, always very skilful.

EDIT: Well, it turns out he DID play one game as a winger in Round 18, 2006:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...l/news-story/c7dd160aa99f5444afd61a0638eb51b2

That early tour you mentioned would probably be the 2007 All Golds tour. I've recently watched the Northern Union vs All Golds match from that tour on YouTube and he looked then like he was turning into a butterball.

I played one senior game on the wing (SARL reserve grade lol). It showed me one thing I would take with me as a coach.....never, NEVER play a front rower on the wing lol.

Cannot have super stars in every position. Need the balance of solid players in your squad to balance your cap. He has been solid with good flashes in there. Only done half a season, pretty happy with him for a rookie. Crazy to expect much more.

He has good acceleration and speed over 20m. This combined with his footwork make him very dangerous in the opposing red zone. Which not surprisingly is where he has scored all his tries from.

Top speed .... don't think you will see him dust the opposition with a length of the field try too often. But going well and has earnt his spot.
I agree with you that he has good speed over 20m . Unfortunately the field is 100m long and every time he gets in the clear he is easily run down . I hope he can keep developing his other attributes to make up for his lack of pace .

82ea545152f1e1715e00271848912b31bb8cb2d7.jpg

Last edited:
Massive potential, He's very young and will hopefully reach that potential with Manly.
He has shown glimpses of a class centre, and as he matures will become more consistent.
I predict he will have a few good games for us this year, from next year onwards we hopefully see him improve.

Quality Players have proven that If your good enough you stand out amongst any one at NRL, state, and international level
On recent performances Kelly to me looks way out of his depth . He lacks genuine pace an d gets run down when out in the clear . It is tough for a player to stand out amongst quality players if they don't have the quality play to make a statement .
When was the last statement that Kelly has made in a game .
Good players not only make statements and stand out but they are also good players because they are consistent performers.
I hear the 193cm fast Parker is going consistently going well in the lower grades
View attachment 5781
For mine, he needs to have an amazing offseason where he works on his speed and power. He has got over the line a few times and been held up when 90% of the centres in that position would have found a way to get the ball down. He's still a young fella but if he doesnt work on his power, strength and speed over the next offseason, I would not persist with him. I totally agree that he looks out of his depth.

Think some are being a little harsh on Kelly. Even his quite games are solid. His reads in defense last week were quality.

Frankinstein is the bloke who, needs to show us a little more of his talent if he is still still have a job next year. He is such a good frame, and looks a million dollars when he goes for a run. Hes just not backing himself enough in attack. With no Jorge to carry him. And no Siro this week. Frank has to lift.

Some of us on here are spoilt by our premiership quality centre pairing over the years were each centre partner CONSISTENTLY left their mark on the opposition .
Kelly is still young and I hope he keeps developing. He could be anything or could be just like a lot of players with promises they fail to keep . To me any centre that has good speed only over 20m is a handicap and a concern . At some stage I would like the 193cm tall and speedy Parker given an opportunity .
The following are premiership winning centres that CONSISTENTLY tore the opposition apart with skill speed strength and flare.
1972 & 1973 Fulton & Branighan
1976 Fulton and Gartner
1878 Gartner & Knight
1987 O'connor & Williams
1996 Hill & Inness
2008 Matai& Bell
2011 Matai & Lyon
2017 Walker & .........

e8a3e9027dd06839a930decefd5f311d.jpg

If there is a backline in the comp ATM you would want to be in as a rookie it would be this one. DCE in top form and ball on a string, greens control, turbo back up play and sniff a gap and a lob pass, uate charging forward for fun. Walker less stress with no kicking and playing instinctive football. The kid is living the dream and learning every game. He's a keeper and doing his job and been solid. Go manly!

Does anyone know what happened to his right elbow?

He was grabbing his right wrist during the game last week too.:(

Kels will build up in the off season but already looks the goods to me. :nod:

O"Conner and Kevin Iro were quite impressive as well . Kelly was put to the test on Sunday against Jack Bird and more then held his own . He is still developing , and does what is expected of him . Good foot work , safe hands , adequate defensive reads and solid hit ups and again playing his expected role in the side . Also that try that he scored against the Storm and just before half time was as good as you would see at that level. With the right application and dedication he will continue to develop and improve.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8