Keith Titmuss RIP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On a side note, do the still play that Jason Annear Memorial match?
That's a good question. I thought about him when I first heard of Keith's unexpected death as Jason's death was quite unexpected too.

For those who may have forgotten about or don't know about Jason Annear, here is a bit of a recap:

Jason Annear was a Central Coast junior who joined Manly at the age of 16 and spent his first four seasons rising through the S.G. Ball and Toyota Cup ranks.

Capable of playing back-row and five-eighth, he graduated to the NSW Cup in 2012 and was placed on standby to make his NRL debut twice throughout the 2012 season when he was named as 19th man.

He also supplemented his lower grade income working as a doorman at Manly Leagues Club at Brookvale.

Tragically, he fell to his death from the headland separating Queenscliff and Freshwater beaches just hours after the club's annual presentation dinner held at the Manly Pacific Hotel on Friday October 5, 2012. His body lay undiscovered at the base of the cliff until around 7pm the following Sunday evening when members of the public alerted Police. At the time of his discovery, he was found to be still wearing the suit he wore to the end-of-season event.

It is believed he fell early on the Saturday morning, possibly while en route to his Collaroy home.

He was only 21-year-old.

Although he never did actually get to play in First Grade for the Manly Club, in recognition of his immense potential and dedication to the club, Jason was added to the club's first grade registry, granting him an honorary place in Manly history as Manly Sea Eagles Player 543.

Jason's entry into the Sea Eagles record books represented the first time in the club's history that a player has been registered posthumously.

His family was later presented with a Sea Eagles playing jersey bearing his name and number.

Manly Sea Eagle # 623 - even though you are gone, you will not be forgotten because you will forever be part of the Sea Eagles Family.

Hope that Keith’s family can get some closure from the memorial service by the club and I know that they cherish our latest Sea Eagle, just like we will.

RIP and soar like an Eagle !!

Screenshot_20201129-160101_Samsung Internet.jpg

Some lovely words by Saab. Very touching indeed... I hope his name is on all the 2021 jersey's, that would be a great move by the club imho.

Very fitting service for Keith #623

Will always be remembered

Last edited:
There's not a paywall created that could stop me posting this one.

Keith Titmuss funeral: Grieving family, Manly players lay their ‘inspiration’ to rest
Lafo Titmuss has delivered a most moving eulogy at her son Keith’s funeral, as family, friends and teammates farewelled the Manly rugby league star.

Dean Ritchie
December 2, 2020 - 4:02PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

They gathered to cry, mourn and remember. Family, friends and teammates sharing the immeasurable grief from losing their hero – Manly rugby league star Keith Titmuss.

Titmuss, just 20, was laid to rest on Wednesday at the EFKS Mount Druitt Church, Emerton, after passing away last Monday following a Sea Eagles training session.

Through the tears, they celebrated a short life full of success and dreams.

Just last week, Titmuss’ mum, Lafo, said: “You should never have to bury your son.”

With a heavy heart and unfathomable sadness, that is what Lafo did on Wednesday, along with husband Paul, son Jesse and daughter, Zara.

Manly coach Des Hasler, club owners Rick and Scott Penn, chief executive Stephen Humphreys, club education and wellbeing officer Matt Ballin, recruitment manager Scott Fulton along with players Daly Cherry-Evans, Marty Taupau, Brad Parker, Reuben Garrick, Lachlan Croker, Josh Schuster, Morgan Boyle, Ben Trbojevic and Jake Trbojevic were among the 250 mourners, as was NRL head of football, Graham Annesley.

Titmuss’ coffin was covered by his beloved Manly jumper, emblazoned with his official club number, 623.

Photos of Titmuss and Manly designed flower arrangements were spread through the church for the 75-minute service. There was also a video montage of his burgeoning rugby league career.

“From the moment Keith was born, we could tell our baby was special. He was a determined individual. I have seen him be laser focused on a goal and then set his mind to achieving whatever it was,” Lafo said.

Manly players Jake Trbojevic, Daly Cherry-Evans, Reuben Garrick and Brad Parker form a guard of honour. Picture: Brett Costello

Manly players Jake Trbojevic, Daly Cherry-Evans, Reuben Garrick and Brad Parker form a guard of honour. Picture: Brett Costello
“Keith was a down-to-earth type of fella. You could call him a no-frills type of guy. He was self-assured and full of confidence. He didn’t like being the centre of attention, preferring to gain a reputation based on his actions on the field.

“To Keithy’s circle of friends, I say chin up, back straight, be strong. Be sad, but only for a little while. Pursue your dreams and live your best life and remember 623.”

There was a minute’s meditation through the traditional Samoan service and a photographic tribute to Titmuss accompanied by a cover version of Cold Chisel’s When The War is Over.

Friends performed an impromptu Haka for Titmuss after the service.

“Keith was my little brother, man, he made me so proud, I looked up to him as an older brother” said Jesse. “He meant so much to me. He was my inspiration, my idol. He was such a blessing on our lives. Our house is going to be so quiet now.

“Growing up with Keith was awesome. We grew up playing footy, Keith was four-years-old, I was five or six. We bonded over footy. Keith loved his mates, they meant so much to him.

“His life was cut short to 20 years but he had big plans, big dreams and aspirations and I am so grateful to the club for granting that Manly Sea Eagles number (623) to him. I’m going to forever miss him. I hope he rests easy.”

Manly coach Des Hasler at the funeral. Picture: Brett Costello

Manly coach Des Hasler at the funeral. Picture: Brett Costello

A viewing of the body for close friends was held at the Titmuss’ family home in western Sydney on Wednesday afternoon.

Titmuss fell ill after training last Monday at Manly’s Narrabeen headquarters and later died in Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards.

New Zealand coach Michael Maguire appeared at the funeral through a video message, saying: “Keith showed a fond passion to play for the Kiwis. He had an opportunity to pay for the Australian Schoolboys but knocked it back because he always wanted to play for the Kiwis.”

The wake was held at Club Marconi. The cause of death is yet to be determined by the Coroner.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4