Keeper / Leaver list - cleaning out the broom closet.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mataiforever

Bencher
Whats your keeper / leaver list? Looks like an overhaul, or in @Mark from Brisbane's words a #purge, is incoming.

Keepers: DCE, Jake, Tom, Funa, Suli, Schuster, Taupau, Paseka, Keppie, Sironen, Cust, Olakau'atu

Maybes: Walker (would like to keep ideally to centre pair with Suli), Hoppa (has been extremely poor when played), Gosiewski (bulked a bit, runs good lines, weak in defence however)

Depth: Harper, Dochar-Clay (will this bloke get a chance?), Miski

Youngsters to get a go: Sione Fainu, Ben Trbojevic, Tolu Koula, Keith Titmuss, Zac Saddler

New signings: Davey, Garner, Foran, hopefully Saab and then maybe a prop would be good (Ray Stone for youth, or Christian Welch for experience) & Havili (need at least one hooker on our roster)

Leavers: Hopefully Croker, Parker and Taufua, although they are contracted. Seems like Sipley is surplus to requirements. Garrick was woeful on the wing in defence today, also kicked 2/6... piss poor, happy for him to go.

Leaving: Waddell & Boyle (Bulldogs), Levi (?), Elliot (ESL?), Metcalf (Sharks), T-Rex, Thommo (ESL), AFB (Warriors)

Foran despite the controversy brings good experience and leadership to a squad that is losing its main two forward leaders in Thompson and AFB. Not to mention AFB was probably the best player this year.

Someone like Christian Welch from the Storm would be great as he is experienced and would bring some of that Storm leadership to the club. Would be better for the culture of the club than AFB.

Any others?

I can't understand the love-in for Saab, seen him play a couple of times and apart from being tall doesn't seem to have anything else in the for column. He's 5th or 6th choice at the dragons

Not to mention there's already talk that he has an attitude problem.... That's definitely what we need right now, NOT!

Keepers: Tent, Marty, Jake, Sirro (Just), DCE, Schuster, Walker, Suli, Funa, Hoppa, Turbo, Guaca, Manase.

Fringe: Keppie, Titmuss, Saddler, Sipley, Cust, JetSki, Ben T, S. Fainu, Parker, Harper, Croker,

Signings: Foran, Turpin, Flegler, Garner, Saab

Development Players: Tuitavake, Weekes, Birt, Fotu, Smalley and Ott.

Purge out, Andersen, Miski, Taufua, Garrick,

Assumptions: Elliot, Waddell, Boyle, Levi, T-Rex and Metcalfe all signed elsewhere or not wanted.

KEEP
Turbo, Walker, DCE, Schuster, Paseka, Taupau, Sironen, Jurbo, Cust, Olakauatu, Funa, Sipley, Titmuss, Burbo, Saddler, Sipley

MAYBES
Suli, Parker, Gosiewski, Harper, Keppie, Boyle, Miski

CUT
Croker, Levi, Taufua, Hopoate, Metcalf, Anderson, Garrick, Elliott, Thommo, Waddell, AFB, Trex.

SIGNINGS
Foran, Garner, Davey, Saab?

POTENTIAL PROMOTIONS ( id like to see )
S Fainu, Weekes, Koula, Pythian, Tuitavake, Izzard, Ott, Dockar Clay

My list of keepers:
TomT
Harper
Walker as centre
Funa as centre

Robert Jennings from the Tigers is free, good depth cover for wing and centre, 24yrs old. Tall...ish at 192cm

(Miski/Hoppa/Parker) as depth

Schuster, DCE, Foran and Cust
Docker-Clay as depth (halves/hooker)

Taupau, Siro, JakeT, Olaka, Paseka, Keppie, Saddler, Gosie. Suli as bench backrow for impact. M & S Fainu, Titmuss

Desparately need a Cam Murray/Liam Martin type player, hopefully Garner will be the guy.

Bye bye to AFB, Croker, Taufua, Garrick, Levi, Elliot, Waddell, Thompson, Boyle, Williams

Keepers: Tent, Marty, Jake, Sirro (Just), DCE, Schuster, Walker, Suli, Funa, Hoppa, Turbo, Guaca, Manase.

Fringe: Keppie, Titmuss, Saddler, Sipley, Cust, JetSki, Ben T, S. Fainu, Parker, Harper, Croker,

Assumptions: Elliot, Waddell, Boyle, Levi, T-Rex and Metcalfe all signed elsewhere or not wanted.
Why would you keep hoppa

Why would you keep hoppa
Based on what I seen from him coming through the club, my thought goes against the grain on how Albert has performed in first grade so far.

Albert has skill and class not many have, on that alone I would keep him, needs to improve area’s in his game and hopefully he does that in the off season and we get to see Albert perform like he did coming through.

interested into your thoughts on Hoppa considering his recent efforts. You really think he's a 'keeper'? I see him as upside on 150-250k, no more. Give him time, is young and underdevleoped, probably lacking confidence from knee injuries and poor team form of late. But no means a definite 'keeper'.

@Dion Johnson huge fan of the Flegler target. Kid is a gun and seems like a great guy too.

interested into your thoughts on Hoppa considering his recent efforts. You really think he's a 'keeper'? I see him as upside on 150-250k, no more. Give him time, is young and underdevleoped, probably lacking confidence from knee injuries and poor team form of late. But no means a definite 'keeper'.

@Dion Johnson huge fan of the Flegler target. Kid is a gun and seems like a great guy too.
Yes Flegler we just missed out on a season or so ago, I liked what I seen of him, though others around the club rate him highly, the Donkeys have cap pressure also and Flegler is one of many being shopped about.

Albert has done things coming through that not many do, I am hoping he works hard on his defence and fitness in the off season, I read an article on Bryce Cartwright by Joey and Joey summed it up very well, those with lots of skill coming through don’t work as hard on their game as others with not as much ability, Joey compared Cartwright to Liam Martin in the article.

My thought is after looking very ordinary in his first grade Albert has lots to prove and works harder and we get full benefit of that, I would sign Albert between 250 - 300K a season on a three year deal.

I wonder if Bronco's are still poking around after Dce.Have been after him on two separate occasions in the past. ??

Tom
Walker
Suli
Schuster
DCE
Paseka
Fainu,
Marty
Siro
Garner
Jake

Foran
Olakau'atu
Jetski
Keppie
Cust

Last edited:
Des was very disappointed after our last game of the year

Quote....
PEOPLE ARE GOING TO SAY YOU HAD KEY PLAYERS OUT AND YOU HAD INJURIES
BUT THE PLAYER YOU PUT OUT THERE YOU EXPECT TO MAKE THOSE AND TO EXECUTE THOSE THINGS
FORM THAT POINTS IT BEEN DISAPPOINTING AND FRUSTRATING
End Quote

Des was very disappointed after our last game of the year

Quote....
PEOPLE ARE GOING TO SAY YOU HAD KEY PLAYERS OUT AND YOU HAD INJURIES
BUT THE PLAYER YOU PUT OUT THERE YOU EXPECT TO MAKE THOSE AND TO EXECUTE THOSE THINGS
FORM THAT POINTS IT BEEN DISAPPOINTING AND FRUSTRATING
End Quote
Nice quote. But ultimately the coach must also share responsibility for the failure of these players.
Has DESpicable ever mentioned his own performance this season? Has he said HIS coaching may not have moved with the times, particularly in the 'six again' era?
A lot of coaches got sacked this season over poor results. Because there is an 'aura' around DESpicable he seems to avoid criticism.

Nice quote. But ultimately the coach must also share responsibility for the failure of these players.
Has DESpicable ever mentioned his own performance this season? Has he said HIS coaching may not have moved with the times, particularly in the 'six again' era?
A lot of coaches got sacked this season over poor results. Because there is an 'aura' around DESpicable he seems to avoid criticism.
He won’t in 2021, he is the NUMBER ONE coach with his head in the chopping block and you watch the media eat that up next year.

If the side is still struggling with a better roster more consistently available and still down on performance level next season , any i st grade Manly coach in charge would be under some pressure Must be able to play a better brand of footy however then some of the performances this season [even taking into account injuries ] Bring on Schuster , Haumole , Burbo , maybe Saddler for some extra enthusiasm and drive .

You are right. The head coach is accountable and he is exactly just like the captain that goes down with his leaking ship . The Manly Sea eagle have been leaking tries at the rate the Titanic was leaking before it eventually went down .
The Incomparable Immortal was quoted as saying that you have to have the right cattle on the field if you are to have success and the 2021 player roster Des selects will determine his destiny .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4