Kaeo Weekes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Start the season in the 14 ala the Hynes role in Melbs.

Then if Shoe doesn't put his best foot forward straight into the 6
The Shu always puts his best foot forward, and he always looks where he is going, even if he has to pass the ball.

Weekes often looked better than Toula in the lower grades, pushing him to centre so he could play at the back. Hes a footballer , talented and composed. As per usual we have wasted critical selective 1st grade appearance time to bring him on . He could of coverEd a number of positions , even off the bench. Gordon should have been given some minutes too. No wonder they leave , make a list of who’s gone . Poor pathway opportunities wasted, in a club that cant buy big dollar ready made 1st graders…. they didn’t need 20 games , but a few appearance would of been invaluable , but that takes brave and smart planning… nothing smart going on here… this club needs to get seriously on the selection front foot next year.

Weekes often looked better than Toula in the lower grades, pushing him to centre so he could play at the back. Hes a footballer , talented and composed. As per usual we have wasted critical selective 1st grade appearance time to bring him on . He could of coverEd a number of positions , even off the bench. Gordon should have been given some minutes too. No wonder they leave , make a list of who’s gone . Poor pathway opportunities wasted, in a club that cant buy big dollar ready made 1st graders…. they didn’t need 20 games , but a few appearance would of been invaluable , but that takes brave and smart planning… nothing smart going on here… this club needs to get seriously on the selection front foot next year.
Agree 💯. Anyone who had been watching juniors would have known he was one of very few positives in the Club at the moment.

Despite putting down a couple of bombs at the end there (hell, even Turbo would have had issues with that bomb Burton put up, especially in the conditions they were playing in) ... I thought Weekes was pretty damn good tonight and seems like the perfect go-to fullback should we lose Tom to injury, suspension or rep duty.

Provided that Reubs is still with us I'd much prefer he get left on his wing than switched to fullback.

Last edited:
Thought the kid played really well.

One mistake ( cost us the game but any fullback would have struggled given the conditions ), and not perfect in defence but boy injected himself in attack well ( and often ).

It was the major shining light from last night.

One mistake ( cost us the game but any fullback would have struggled given the conditions ), and not perfect in defence but boy injected himself in attack well ( and often ).

And now Mark, we have to hang on to him. If he doesnt get given the opportunities, then we risk losing him and the vultures will already be circling

And now Mark, we have to hang on to him. If he doesnt get given the opportunities, then we risk losing him and the vultures will already be circling
I think we could use him on one wing next year to free up cap space. Love garrick but if he wants fullback money and newcastle are gonna take his full value from our cap let him go.
Weeks on one wing saab on the other and use garricks cash combined with the money that was put aside for faniu to chase a hooker or a quailty hard nosed forward.

Agree 100% ,the reality is he shouldnt have been in that position TBH ,Marty should not have dropped that ball ,anyways I'm trying to see light where there is darkness, hope where there is fear and as angry as I was last night about the game and disappointing season in general ,our injury ravaged team nearly got the win but were always going to struggle against a full strength Dogs.
Also I know he gets bagged alot but gee TPG is a very talented player ,him coming off the bench was terrific for the dogs compared to us who had KDL etc.
Lets hope they have a few signings and we get or blood or discover a dynamic 9 we need it as steady as Croker is .That and a front rower at least .

100% I was happy he played well and really pissed off we are only seeing him now. I mean Garrick at fb busted and bruised defensively getting ran around. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I actually think we probably win a few of those games with Weekes at fb and Reubs on the wing. Not happy Desmond!

I think we could use him on one wing next year to free up cap space. Love garrick but if he wants fullback money and newcastle are gonna take his full value from our cap let him go.
Weeks on one wing saab on the other and use garricks cash combined with the money that was put aside for faniu to chase a hooker or a quailty hard nosed forward.
Mate you and I both know he’ll be at fb at sone point. Agree totally around the player movement tho.

Agree 100% ,the reality is he shouldnt have been in that position TBH ,Marty should not have dropped that ball ,anyways I'm trying to see light where there is darkness, hope where there is fear and as angry as I was last night about the game and disappointing season in general ,our injury ravaged team nearly got the win but were always going to struggle against a full strength Dogs.
Also I know he gets bagged alot but gee TPG is a very talented player ,him coming off the bench was terrific for the dogs compared to us who had KDL etc.
Lets hope they have a few signings and we get or blood or discover a dynamic 9 we need it as steady as Croker is .That and a front rower at least .
I’ve been a Croker fan but he’s clearly a problem in the middle attack wise. Probs injured. If Garrick is headed to Newcastle is there room for a swap for Klem or saifiti I wonder? Need a 9 and prop as noted by @Cameron

Really a problem with set plays and not just last night . Just not running the right formations and relying on some individual strong attackers , Haumole and to a lesser extent Koula and with two of the most experienced halves and the highest paid player , really should be so much better . Foz has of course had some good passages during the season but couldn 't be more apparent for the majority of last night against a pretty average side , the lack of imagination and creativity to get some decent attacking structures . Only saying this because with Foz leaving , not looking that great for next season unless some serious revision with the attacking systems . Turbo fully fit and firing will help but pretty listless at many stages this season . Really should not have lost from 16 - 0 up , difficult conditions but a depleted Bull dogs had to contend with it also . . Some consolation that Weekes should be able to transition to a 6 role , . Maybe the Shu can transform to some effective play again but also need more then Jakes limited attack as a 13 , Still can "t see why he [ Shu ] should not be seriously considered as the 13 for some more variety and may even allow D C E to lift his over all club form level . Croker needs a good rest after a gallant season , wouldn 't underestimate Vaega "s ability , not sure how to eliminate so many dumb plays , some of the players to return should [ or very hopefully help ] , Just paramount however to have a complete reevaluation of the way Manly 's attack is structured , especially in the opposition's 20 , Defence needs equal attention but a Manly side struggling to get points seems the biggest concern

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8