Kaeo Weekes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All of the better performing sides have just constant and direct attack , forcing the opposition or getting the opposition to back peddle and subsequently continually applying pressure . Apart from maximizing ruck meters . Manly just can 't seem to manage this simple type of game plan even with key forwards such as Paseka and Alioia out , Jake is not a tackle buster or has high level go forward but good contact and quick play the balls as a prop does suffice . Sipley with a rare good break last night , occasionally Marty with a strong burst , Keppie has dropped back , just does not cut it to compete with the better or any side , D C E and now Walker cribbing across the ruck and hesitating , again zero impact in getting the or any opposition on the back foot or getting support players in better attacking positions . Real problem at the moment and for a good part of this season . Can 't just depend on Turbo to lift the side apart from his injury prone absence sadly to date .
We really struggle to get on the front foot with our big lumbering forward pack. sipley paseka keppie Marty and aloiai are all cut from the same cloth, very much in the mould of forwards from yesteryear that des loved during his time with the dogs. I think we can afford to carry maybe two of these types being paseka and aloiai but the others are surplus to requirements. We really need one absolute **** of a bloke to enforce and then a couple of faster dynamic types like Murray or cotter to speed up our ruck. Even if our forwards are rolling they aren’t quick enough to really get the other side on the back foot multiple tackles in a row without making a line break being put through a gap. If they’re just running one outs they’re gonna be fairly useless.

The kid has talent and can play. Just a shame he was not given more of chance and we have been tortured by watching Harper & Parker.
Hasler had nothing to lose but everything to gain by giving these young talented lads a run.
Why was young Fulton not given a run? Instead we play KDL. Please!
Because , KDL is in the 30 and Fulton isn’t.

They would have needed dispensation just to name him as 18th man.

In tonight's game all but three players (development squad) are in their top 30. Twelve of these players usually play NSW Cup. Even without them, the 2nd second placed Panthers beat the 3rd placed Bears in the first NSW Cup finals game today.

So why couldn't we use Fulton if we wanted to?

In tonight's game all but three players (development squad) are in their top 30. Twelve of these players usually play NSW Cup. Even without them, the 2nd second placed Panthers beat the 3rd placed Bears in the first NSW Cup finals game today.

Imagine if Manly played against the Riff team tonight?
We would have probably lost 😆

We really struggle to get on the front foot with our big lumbering forward pack. sipley paseka keppie Marty and aloiai are all cut from the same cloth, very much in the mould of forwards from yesteryear that des loved during his time with the dogs. I think we can afford to carry maybe two of these types being paseka and aloiai but the others are surplus to requirements. We really need one absolute **** of a bloke to enforce and then a couple of faster dynamic types like Murray or cotter to speed up our ruck. Even if our forwards are rolling they aren’t quick enough to really get the other side on the back foot multiple tackles in a row without making a line break being put through a gap. If they’re just running one outs they’re gonna be fairly useless.
No question that the present make up or balance with the forward line up is a bit out of whack but more concerning with the general lack of shape with attacking options and just the number of wasted plays . Even more so of course with Foz leaving the scene . Tuilagi maybe will be on par with Davey or hopefully to offer a bit more , Garner may have been a good option , young Fulton a way to go yet . No doubt would be ideal to have a hard nosed aggressive prop to compliment the other probably best prop options in Alioia , Jake and Paseka . . Tuitavake . Bullemor and Sykes have potential but a bit to go to get to the next level . Just again need some better game management and shape around the ruck area , Turbo 's return will undoubtedly help , Schuster and Weekes could well provide a missing link . Something is going to have to improve with the general attack again if Manly wish to be seriously competitive .

No question that the present make up or balance with the forward line up is a bit out of whack but more concerning with the general lack of shape with attacking options and just the number of wasted plays . Even more so of course with Foz leaving the scene . Tuilagi maybe will be on par with Davey or hopefully to offer a bit more , Garner may have been a good option , young Fulton a way to go yet . No doubt would be ideal to have a hard nosed aggressive prop to compliment the other probably best prop options in Alioia , Jake and Paseka . . Tuitavake . Bullemor and Sykes have potential but a bit to go to get to the next level . Just again need some better game management and shape around the ruck area , Turbo 's return will undoubtedly help , Schuster and Weekes could well provide a missing link . Something is going to have to improve with the general attack again if Manly wish to be seriously competitive .

Manly usually succeeded by bringing in from outside a tough, take no prisoners type, like O'Neill, Ward, Kite, Gillespie, Carroll, Roberts, Cleal, Reilly, Mossop (played union and then League in England before returning to Manly), Boyd, Kennedy etc. That sort of player inspires others with their drive and leadership qualities. Though I admire Jake, he's become a work horse, and at this stage doesnt seem to have that predatory manner needed to inspire this team. The others are not inspirational enough or too young yet like Paseka and Ola. Manly needs to get in a meat eater. They need to be inspired.

Manly usually succeeded by bringing in from outside a tough, take no prisoners type, like O'Neill, Ward, Kite, Gillespie, Carroll, Roberts, Cleal, Reilly, Mossop (played union and then League in England before returning to Manly), Boyd, Kennedy etc. That sort of player inspires others with their drive and leadership qualities. Though I admire Jake, he's become a work horse, and at this stage doesnt seem to have that predatory manner needed to inspire this team. The others are not inspirational enough or too young yet like Paseka and Ola. Manly needs to get in a meat eater. They need to be inspired.
Agree, who is our enforcer? I’m coming around to Klemmer being our target.

I like fulton’s attitude, hope to see him in the field next year, we need blokes that are tough bastards out there.

Agree, who is our enforcer? I’m coming around to Klemmer being our target.

I like fulton’s attitude, hope to see him in the field next year, we need blokes that are tough bastards out there.
I was anti Matt Lodge but he has done well at the Roosters. However I'm not convinced Manly would have been able to get that sort of form out of him.

But I think we need to take a chance on Klemmer if he is available. We just need an experienced hard head that doesn't take any nonsense.

Anyone know if Kaeo is re-signed or is 2023 still the last year of his deal?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8