Kaeo Weekes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep playing an unfit, overweight Schuster at five-eight would have made a huge difference on the result. Foz on the other hand has been arguably our best half over the last two seasons. I can definitely see how that change would have worked out for us. :banghead:

It is just my opinion....
The best footy I ever saw Foz play was at the Eels when he played 7 and was directing them around the park.
Maybe if he just had a one off game at 9 last night guiding the team around and doing a Cam Smith and hiding a little in defence and having a few more defense orientated players like De Luis and Roumanos in the side might have allowed the unfit one to get away with a game at 6 for a one off cameo,but who knows now?(the answer is no one)

Yep playing an unfit, overweight Schuster at five-eight would have made a huge difference on the result
Schuster has played two games at five eighth this year. The first was reasonably slick. I know it's a different situation now, but Schuster has only lost one game at 6 and that was his debut v. Tigers in 2020. I think he would have had a more positive impact on the result of game playing at 6 rather than backrow and with Foran at 9. Foran has much better organisational skills than Walker. A problem was that we've virtually run out of fit backrowers. Next one up would have been Bullemor. In terms of last night's wet weather game, he would have been a better selection than Weekes.

Nice to see Kaeo make his debut but where will he ever fit into the team. Tommy will eventually return and Garrick has established himself as the backup there, Schuster threw the toys out of the cot to be the 5/8 next year and we’ve resigned DCE until he is 40. Unfortunately I see this becoming another Cade Cust situation unless Kaeo is happy playing 10 minutes off the bench as he did on Friday.

I think the Germoan’s* Manly career might be shorter than expected. He could mature into a great player (I thought he went quite well on Friday) at Manly, or he turns into the sort of disruptive problem child we would be better off ditching. That could be within 2-3 years.

*Germoan - German-Samoan. It was those pre-WWI German missionaries I tells ya! Could have gone with Kramoan, but that might be deemed too racist.;)

I sing around the house……..A lot. ……….im not very good either and words are not important , but boy am i happy this boy hit grade. Dusting off an ol stan freberg version of the banana boat song.

DAY OOO
Kae oooo. .

Good one.
For Jake Turbo, I’ve thought the old Guantanamera song would go well for him.
It was used in a British football chant for Paul Gascoigne
("There's only one Paul Gascoigne”) & others too, over the years.
As a kid, I remember the old Sandpipers version of the song.

Nice to see Kaeo make his debut but where will he ever fit into the team. Tommy will eventually return and Garrick has established himself as the backup there, Schuster threw the toys out of the cot to be the 5/8 next year and we’ve resigned DCE until he is 40. Unfortunately I see this becoming another Cade Cust situation unless Kaeo is happy playing 10 minutes off the bench as he did on Friday.
He could be 6, with Schu at the Tigers.

Think that Weekes played a lot of 6 in the juniors and assume he has some type of a kicking game as well . only noticed him as a full back at Black Town . Sure that he could lift his defensive requirements as a 6 and must have some type of a reasonable passing game , his natural speed would just be a bonus then but would be up against some pretty slick opposition , So would Schuster and on current indications , would be challenging to say the least with his mobility coming back a peg or two . Not too sure on the Cust situation but he is unlikely to wish to return if there are limited options to play in the halves Latu Fainu probably 2 seasons away from a serious i st grade Manly gig and must have an injury issue this season , seems to have gone right out of attention focus

Ha posted in another thread that he must of been like 'wtf?'

I reckon Vega and Fifita declined.

I'd say Weekes is good to play but Des sees him as a fullback, half or 14 but not a winger.

Tough call marking Tupou or Sualli.

Out of position and not so tall

Yeah, there would have been several more who declined, given their religious beliefs

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8