Kaeo Weekes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
May as well start a thread for the kid, I think he's going to be around for quite a while. Congratulations on your NRL debut Kaeo.

Kaeo Weekes to make NRL debut for Sea Eagles​

AuthorWayne CousinsTimestampThu 21 Jul 2022, 06:05 PM

Exciting young full-back Kaeo Weekes will make his NRL debut for the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles tomorrow night.

Weekes will become player number #634 to represent the Sea Eagles when he runs out against St George-Illawarra Dragons in round 19 of the Telstra Premiership at Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah.

The 20-year-old, who can also play five-eighth, is in his first season in the Sea Eagles NRL squad.

One of the real standout players from the very successful Sea Eagles Pathways Academy, Weekes has been a prolific try scorer in the Harold Matthews and SG Ball competitions after starting at Manly as a 14-year-old.

A former athletics sprint champion from Newington College, Weekes made a big impression in his first season in the Harold Matthews Cup in 2017, scoring 11 tries despite playing up an age group.

1658404537360.png

read more at:

Cuzzo seems unaware that Kaeo has been listed at hooker...
Or is "can also play five-eighth" a subtle clue?

Congratulations to Kaeo

This is the moment he has been waiting for

There are no weaknesses in Weekes as he is much tougher than some people think
He has all the natural attributes to take this opportunity that he has earnt and make it a momentous turning point in his career

I am very confident the talented Kaeo will make noticeable impact 2morrow

Looking at the weather I was thinking this would be a battle of the middle forwards. With all the changes now I'm hoping the weather holds off and we get a fast open game. Koula and Molé vs Amone and Mbye all day please.
It would be cool if the rain hold off but even if it does not the Fast players like Weekes will be a danger to the tiring forward packs

Could be a very interesting starting side tomorrow. Anyone get the feeling another one or two players might have covid as well?

It is a rare and very significant confidence that Dessie has in Weekes ... to believe you have a fullback, that can play 5/8 .. and also, if you need him to, play hooker in his NRL debut ... is astonishing ..

That level of confidence in a youngster should tell us all we need to know about Weekes ...

PSS .. yes, I do know the team hasn't run out yet, and changes may be made ..

It is a rare and very significant confidence that Dessie has in Weekes ... to believe you have a fullback, that can play 5/8 .. and also, if you need him to, play hooker in his NRL debut ... is astonishing ..

That level of confidence in a youngster should tell us all we need to know about Weekes ...

PSS .. yes, I do know the team hasn't run out yet, and changes may be made ..
Kaeo could be our Ace up the sleeve for us from dummy half and will be dangerous darting out from dummy half. Team on paper doesn't look to bad tbh, just need to make the tackles that need to be made.

I confess I don't know much about Weekes. But as @Woodsie mentioned above the fact that Des is placing so much faith on a debutant in such a pivotal game and position speaks volume of Weekes' abilities. Either that or Hasler has lost the plot and fulfills his sobriquet as 'the mad scientist'.

Kaeo could be our Ace up the sleeve for us from dummy half and will be dangerous darting out from dummy half. Team on paper doesn't look to bad tbh, just need to make the tackles that need to be made.

Maybe he shares the hooker role with Walker.

As Des seems to be playing favourites by not picking Foran at hooker.

What does that even mean ... ??

Clearly Des knows what I am talking about.
Walker starting and probably sharing with Weekes.

Foran not playing hooker as Des doesn't want him getting dirty as he isva Des favourite.

Understand now?

Clearly Des knows what I am talking about.
Walker starting and probably sharing with Weekes.

Foran not playing hooker as Des doesn't want him getting dirty as he isva Des favourite.

Understand now?
No. If anything your explanation makes less sense than the original comment. Whatever floats your boat though.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4