Kaeo Weekes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
He was ok.. played a decent game but certainly no super star, lots of better youngsters in the league.. he didn't have a try assist and couldnt ice the game when it's expected your half steps up.. he's playing because of injury.. what do some people expect we just keep every player..haha

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It would have been better t
He was ok.. played a decent game but certainly no super star, lots of better youngsters in the league.. he didn't have a try assist and couldnt ice the game when it's expected your half steps up.. he's playing because of injury.. what do some people expect we just keep every player..haha
or keep him and not buy Wakeham and maybe even Paulo

Last edited:

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member

I expect that we should stop developing these young guys, only to let them go elsewhere to thrive, whilst we spend salary cap on instant sugar fixes.

It comes down to instant success, and meeting Penns KPIs.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Firstly I wish Weekes well but we couldn't match Canberra's offer or top 13 promises and right now, he is playing some exciting footy and also some poor footy....
I mean Canberra got beaten by 40 last Week and there were no Weekes posts, only conveniently after they win.
Yesterday he made a great head on tackle to dislodge the footy and his running game when he has time is very good also and will only improve with more time.....
Just also on that game, he also took some bad options, kicked out on the full at a vital stage of the game and tries a chip in a low percentage play, gifting the opposition the ball at half way.
Again I like Weekes and honestly hope he does well, but to make out he is a star we let go, I don't see it and feel he will be a player with hot and cold moments and is not a game manager, but an explosive bloke you can bring in chasing points and to be fair to the Manly management who have made some ordinary choices with recruitment....you can't keep them all and I personally reckon having Brooks at 5/8 in 2024 is a better option and will show more clearly as the seeason goes on.

Rocky

Bencher
I'm glad Weekes is getting an opportunity - and that's why Manly let him explore elsewhere.

Honestly, i don't think he would have played for Manly this year unless they threw him on the wing when injuries hit.

We also have a pretty promising young half in Arthur that hasn't seen any first grade this season. We didn't need two of them.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm glad Weekes is getting an opportunity - and that's why Manly let him explore elsewhere.

Honestly, i don't think he would have played for Manly this year unless they threw him on the wing when injuries hit.

We also have a pretty promising young half in Arthur that hasn't seen any first grade this season. We didn't need two of them.
And we also then had Latu Fainu

Last edited:

Eagle 1

First Grader
It would have been better t

or keep him and not buy Wakeham and maybe even Paulo
Ok,maybe, in todays game you are given your chance just like Lehi, Lehi took his kaeo didn't. In todays game you hit the ground running and send the message, hey, look at me this is what I can do, kaeo had his chances but didn't take it unfortunately.

Ryan

Journey Man
He would still be playing for Blacktown. There is no chance he'd oust DCE or Brooks from First Grade for at least another season. So, it was sensible of him and the club to part ways.

ORRRRR, we don't acquire Brooks, nurture a quality junior properly, and make it work. Brooks started great, has been crap since. We are .500 (that's right, we ONLY win 50% of our games in what Siebold suggests is a "great start to the year").

Instead of giving Samuela Fainu away (for nothing), how about we nurture him. Tell you what, he'd make a far better 12 or 13 than anything we have right now (Jake is a prop - and I'm sure that's where he'll play for NSW). Fainu exemplifies everything we aren't in the forwards (young, explosive, mobile, agile, fast).

But no, we give Schuster an extension in June of 2023, August 2023 he's dropped, and never seen again, apart from having to carry his damned freight for three years (I won't even go into the Lodge contract debacle - a player who has looked CRAP since his return).

Why are people defending our recruitment and retention? We've amassed a group of aging, slowing down, injury prone washed up players other teams are hugely downgrading (like Brooks), or don't want at all (Lodge, Brown, and to a lesser degree Waddell -who massive fumbles at critical times keeps handing the opposition chances to win games).

Are we now at a point, we'll celebrate anything?

Consider this: Jamie Lyon, Matt Orford, Ben Kennedy, Steven Bell, Shane Rodney, Brent Kite, Josh Perry among others. THAT'S recruitment. Not this abomination we are witnessing.

But anyways, keep defending it guys. We've been on average 10th for a decade now (including this year). You receive what you accept.

Eagle 1

First Grader
ORRRRR, we don't acquire Brooks, nurture a quality junior properly, and make it work. Brooks started great, has been crap since. We are .500 (that's right, we ONLY win 50% of our games in what Siebold suggests is a "great start to the year").

Instead of giving Samuela Fainu away (for nothing), how about we nurture him. Tell you what, he'd make a far better 12 or 13 than anything we have right now (Jake is a prop - and I'm sure that's where he'll play for NSW). Fainu exemplifies everything we aren't in the forwards (young, explosive, mobile, agile, fast).

But no, we give Schuster an extension in June of 2023, August 2023 he's dropped, and never seen again, apart from having to carry his damned freight for three years (I won't even go into the Lodge contract debacle - a player who has looked CRAP since his return).

Why are people defending our recruitment and retention? We've amassed a group of aging, slowing down, injury prone washed up players other teams are hugely downgrading (like Brooks), or don't want at all (Lodge, Brown, and to a lesser degree Waddell -who massive fumbles at critical times keeps handing the opposition chances to win games).

Consider this: Jamie Lyon, Matt Orford, Ben Kennedy, Steven Bell, Shane Rodney, Brent Kite, Josh Perry among others. THAT'S recruitment. Not this abomination we are witnessing.

But anyways, keep defending it guys. We've been on average 10th for a decade now (including this year). You receive what you accept.
All those players you have listed in your 2nd last paragraph, well, those type of players or similar aren't available to be purchased, i wish they were tho.

mutley

Reserve Grader
the problem is not just manly but constant in the nrl the coaches have only a short period of time to get results, its 5 years to bring these guys from flegg to nrl to be dominant players, there is the odd exception but the clubs/ coaches are impatient and dont have the time/patience. The career success rate from flegg to nrl on a year to year basis is nearly 1 in 30 make the grade

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
the problem is not just manly but constant in the nrl the coaches have only a short period of time to get results, its 5 years to bring these guys from flegg to nrl to be dominant players, there is the odd exception but the clubs/ coaches are impatient and dont have the time/patience. The career success rate from flegg to nrl on a year to year basis is nearly 1 in 30 make the grade
And the colliery to that is most of the coaches don’t last long enough to see that sort of transition

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member

I think Samuela is the one but I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt there....
There has to be more to it then on field.

Between Tartak and his shenanigans, Manase and the Fainu family drama. Latu and his price tag....maybe it was all just too much.

That said, on the field we will certainly rue this one.

Not too concerned about the others, Weekes is talented but sometimes clubs and players just dont match at the right time.

Latu again could bite as but who knows.

Last edited:

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I've been quite pleased with Brooks.

9 try assits and 11 line break assists in 12 games. 3rd in the league for 5/8s in both categories.

Defense always a bit iffy but tbh probably better than I was expecting here (I had low expectations).
I think opinions on Brooks is more based on wins and could easy have another 2 or 3 and then everyone is claiming the best buy in years...his performances have been very good, though I do think he has tapered off a tad, but that maybe team related

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Fair call 💯

Personally I think this is where Manly faulter. Because we have been down for most of the past decade, we look for instant gratification, quick fix. As a consequence Manly loses good talent its been developing for years. I doubt you would see Melbourne or SC make those knee jerk reactions. As I always maintain, patience is required. Doesn't always work such as with Schuster but better to hold onto them long enough to determine if they have what it takes Assessing them after a hand full of games is in my opinion like shooting one's self in the foot.

Last edited:

Ryan

Journey Man
All those players you have listed in your 2nd last paragraph, well, those type of players or similar aren't available to be purchased, i wish they were tho.
Mate, what?

James Fisher Harris
Addin Fonua-Blake
David Fifita (almost)
Jarome Luai

etc, etc, etc were available. Also, recently, players like Koroisou, Mahoney, Burton, Crichton, Kikau, Farnworth, Tabuai-Fidow, Flegler, Young & SO many more have moved.

Hahaha. There's PLENTY of players available, and I've heard we are about to sign yet another Tigers player mid season "who's fallen out of favour".

Last edited:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16