Kaeo Weekes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Eagle 1

First Grader
Mate, what?

James Fisher Harris
Addin Fonua-Blake
David Fifita (almost)
Jatome Luai

etc, etc, etc were available. Also, recently, players like Koroisou, Mahoney, Burton, Crichton, Kikau, Farnworth, Tabuai-Fidow, Flegler, Young & SO many more have moved.

Hahaha. There's PLENTY of players available, and I've heard we are about to sign yet another Tigers player mid season.
Maybe I should of added, ones we can afford as well.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Mate, what?

James Fisher Harris
Addin Fonua-Blake
David Fifita (almost)
Jarome Luai

etc, etc, etc were available. Also, recently, players like Koroisou, Mahoney, Burton, Crichton, Kikau, Farnworth, Tabuai-Fidow, Flegler, Young & SO many more have moved.

Hahaha. There's PLENTY of players available, and I've heard we are about to sign yet another Tigers player mid season "who's fallen out of favour".
We aren't in the market for marquee players. We have four of them already. Five if you count Koula.

Ryan

Journey Man
We aren't in the market for marquee players. We have four of them already. Five if you count Koula.
I most certainly do NOT consider Koula marquee hahahaha. Come on. 19 tries in 50 games. Almost 3 missed tackles a game. Won 21 of 50.

Yeah, nah.

He is decent.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I most certainly do NOT consider Koula marquee hahahaha. Come on. 19 tries in 50 games. Almost 3 missed tackles a game. Won 21 of 50.

Yeah, nah.

He is decent.
Koula has missed 19 tackles in 11 games this year that is 1.72 missed tackles a game.

I agree though that Koula isnt marque yet but he is heading that way.

Those stats over the first 50 games actually compare quite well to many.

Though win % cheeky to include IMO

Eagle 1

First Grader
Koula has missed 19 tackles in 11 games this year that is 1.72 missed tackles a game.

I agree though that Koula isnt marque yet but he is heading that way.

Those stats over the first 50 games actually compare quite well to many.

Though win % cheeky to include IMO
But he's on marque money tho.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I am not too bothered by Weekes leaving. He doesn’t really have a position. Too many tactical errors to be a genuine half, not robust enough to be an effective yardage carrying winger or centre. At a stretch, he could make a fist of fullback but he’ll be Matt Dufty 2.0 - score some scintillating tries but get ragdolled on kick returns, make errors, and be caught out of position at times.

He’s got talent and will torch sides with that turn of speed but there’s obviously limitations in his game.

Lloyd

I am not too bothered by Weekes leaving. He doesn’t really have a position. Too many tactical errors to be a genuine half, not robust enough to be an effective yardage carrying winger or centre. At a stretch, he could make a fist of fullback but he’ll be Matt Dufty 2.0 - score some scintillating tries but get ragdolled on kick returns, make errors, and be caught out of position at times.

He’s got talent and will torch sides with that turn of speed but there’s obviously limitations in his game.
I think when you have that natural ability and speed it was worth keeping him for a couple more years and trying to developing him. Was it really better spending $$$ on Brooks, Paulo and Talau?

Lloyd

I think when you have that natural ability and speed it was worth keeping him for a couple more years and trying to developing him. Was it really better spending $$$ on Brooks, Paulo and Talau?
If it isn’t working offload him then. I would have thought there was much more upside in keeping him on a low salary than going into the market for players who couldn’t make it elsewhere.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I would keep him over Paulo but not the other two. He is definitely not as capable at controlling a game and does not have the physicality to play centre and go blow for blow with a guy like Staggs; so Talau and Brooks have him covered in their respective positions.

Paulo is a space cadet and I think Weekes could have been given an opportunity on the wing but sounds like Canberra were prepared to pay him more than depth money. Their cap is not stretched likes ours.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I would keep him over Paulo but not the other two. He is definitely not as capable at controlling a game and does not have the physicality to play centre and go blow for blow with a guy like Staggs; so Talau and Brooks have him covered in their respective positions.

Paulo is a space cadet and I think Weekes could have been given an opportunity on the wing but sounds like Canberra were prepared to pay him more than depth money. Their cap is not stretched likes ours.

The way I read it, Weekes was told to look elsewhere, just as Gutherson, Tom Wright, even Api (Manly put all their eggs in one basket with that one) and several others were who succeeded elsewhere. It wasn't about money so much as opportunity and a sense that they weren't wanted here. Meanwhile Manly floundered over the past decade with players with little creativity, other than DCE and Turbo when he wasn't sidelined. Its more good fortune that we now have a few players with creative skills such as Koula, Brooks and hopefully Hopoate. But my goodness it took a long while to get the recruitment issue right.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Complete lack of game management, no real footy brain and average defence.. seriously just goes to show how dependant a half is on a good forward pack and then how good a half is when they are behind an average pack..
DCE has been behind some real average forward packs and still a class above
Well i guess tthe penny's dropped on Kaeo.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Where are the "We lost another superstar"
"Weekes is our next Gutho" and "crap retention committee by the club" brigade today????

Average first grader at best.
100% agree, but personally wish him well.
He definitely has some great athletic traits, but lost for a position as doubt he will stay a 7 as lacks management and decision making.
Ppl were jumping on after the Manly game like he was a Superstar, where he actually made numerous errors, dropped balls and kicks out on the full, which was only overshadowed by the fact Canberra won the game.
Anyways not gunna ride the shade train on the kid, but I don't think his release was some Massive loss like we get here every time the Raiders win.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
It dropped at Manly with the coaching staff and management mid season 2023...
And we are still hearing people on here questioning the decision.
It’s usually the ones that complain in general. I think most know this guy ain’t gonna be a superstar in 1st grade. He’s not even a first choice half in Canberra. Only playing due to Fogarty injury. He’s going ok tho.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Where are the "We lost another superstar"
"Weekes is our next Gutho" and "crap retention committee by the club" brigade today????

Average first grader at best.

Come on Jay. The kid is 22 and now Canberra's first pick half. Despite their loss yesterday, they are above Manly, sitting in 6th spot. He must be doing something right. Hardly call him average. I know someone local who is a Raider's supporter and he thinks Manly were mad to let him go. He's a few years from his best, just as Gutherson was,, around the same age, when he moved to the Eels. Similar to Tom Wright, The Brumbies full back who according to the SMH assessor is consistently the top full back from the Australian rugby sides, has been the Wallaby's full back, and Eddie Jones recently rated him as one of the best he's seen. There are others. Manly made some questionable recruitment decisions over the past decade. Fortunately this year they seem to have a made a few good ones...at last.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16