Just on Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Actually I attend gym 3-5 days weekly for at least an hour each but I look nothing like this dude. I'm actually not quite as poorly off as I play on this forum, but I'm no fitness star. The dinner plate is a problem I'll admit, though my slow metabolism doesn't help (Its in the family. Dad didn't smoke, drink and stuck to three sensible meals a day and worked hard as an oxy welder. But he was still a big man.) I watch friends gorge themselves with things I would never eat such as cakes, lots of chips, meat pies lots of potato, rice, bread etc and look like Biafrans. I eat less than them yet put pounds on just looking at them eating...almost. Only way I could stay trim would be to be active continuously through the day and eat rabbit food. When I was younger I played Rugby, tennis, squash well into my 30s and that's how I stayed trim then. But I stopped. Only then do I start to lose weight. But I'm quite healthy really...at least far more than most 68 years olds I know.

Diet is the key - the training just gives the muscle definition and helps the metabolism....
Just to make everyone feel better - I do Explosive training every morning with variations....but eat junk and stupid amounts with close to zero discipline on amounts and eat 2 dinners on many occasions - there is a soft shell covering muscle mass that looks sloppy and due to a bad knee injury 25 years ago....have been restricted in sports, having a season of footy in reserve grade, Master footy or touch footy and then needing a season off as the old injury gives warning signs.
Another massive attribute to this well earned soggy frame is the binge drinks come Saturday afternoon - most weeks tell myself going to start the new week with a strict regime and a well balanced diet....but some fried chicken and boubon's later - "There's always next week".....If there wasn't these morning training sessions, I think ppl would chase me down the road with harpoons!!.

Actually I attend gym 3-5 days weekly for at least an hour each but I look nothing like this dude. I'm actually not quite as poorly off as I play on this forum, but I'm no fitness star. The dinner plate is a problem I'll admit, though my slow metabolism doesn't help (Its in the family. Dad didn't smoke, drink and stuck to three sensible meals a day and worked hard as an oxy welder. But he was still a big man.) I watch friends gorge themselves with things I would never eat such as cakes, lots of chips, meat pies lots of potato, rice, bread etc and look like Biafrans. I eat less than them yet put pounds on just looking at them eating...almost. Only way I could stay trim would be to be active continuously through the day and eat rabbit food. When I was younger I played Rugby, tennis, squash well into my 30s and that's how I stayed trim then. But I stopped. Only then do I start to gain weight. But I'm quite healthy really...at least far more than most 68 years olds I know.
Is this leading up to a testimonial for penn health?

Actually I attend gym 3-5 days weekly for at least an hour each but I look nothing like this dude. I'm actually not quite as poorly off as I play on this forum, but I'm no fitness star. The dinner plate is a problem I'll admit, though my slow metabolism doesn't help (Its in the family. Dad didn't smoke, drink and stuck to three sensible meals a day and worked hard as an oxy welder. But he was still a big man.) I watch friends gorge themselves with things I would never eat such as cakes, lots of chips, meat pies lots of potato, rice, bread etc and look like Biafrans. I eat less than them yet put pounds on just looking at them eating...almost. Only way I could stay trim would be to be active continuously through the day and eat rabbit food. When I was younger I played Rugby, tennis, squash well into my 30s and that's how I stayed trim then. But I stopped. Only then do I start to lose weight. But I'm quite healthy really...at least far more than most 68 years olds I know.
In Regards to the Biafrans that you mentioned who are on a very unhealthy fat diet but look thin on the outside is very deceiving .
I hear people say to me , so and so died of a heart attack. He was only in his late 40s and he never went to the doctor or looked over weight .
No surprise to me . First of all when I hear they never went to the doctor tells me they never checked on any underlying and developing health issues . Secondly when I hear they never looked overweight this does not reveal the full health condition . Some people don't put on weight because of slow metabolism or a medical condition that their bodies are unable to store fat cells . This does not mean when they keep eating crap they don't do harm to their internal organs .
I look at it this way . If your don't put crap oil in your car . Why put crap in our mouth .
The better the quality of the engine oil the longer our cars will keep going
The longer we keep going the better the quality of life that we will enjoy
I was looking for a meme to end my post and I found this one from the King of he microphone
valvoline-i-enjoy-it.jpg

Last edited:
I see that Kelly had gone back to retire in the gold coast.

Des, time to bring Tom Wright back to Manly and coach him correctly.

Tom and Walker would have the potential to be the best centre pairing in the nrl.

I see that Kelly had gone back to retire in the gold coast.

Des, time to bring Tom Wright back to Manly and coach him correctly.

Tom and Walker would have the potential to be the best centre pairing in the nrl.

Move on and kill this thread. The cataclysm is over - time to bury the bones.

If we had a that attitude, Des would not be back.

Barretts ineptitude has lasting effects.

It only does, if those that hold on to it want to remember it.
Penn moved on, time we all did.

The myth is over, it plays rugby now, (wright or wrong) and there is no coming back.

Des went to another club, not another sport.

Actually I attend gym 3-5 days weekly for at least an hour each but I look nothing like this dude. I'm actually not quite as poorly off as I play on this forum, but I'm no fitness star. The dinner plate is a problem I'll admit, though my slow metabolism doesn't help (Its in the family. Dad didn't smoke, drink and stuck to three sensible meals a day and worked hard as an oxy welder. But he was still a big man.) I watch friends gorge themselves with things I would never eat such as cakes, lots of chips, meat pies lots of potato, rice, bread etc and look like Biafrans. I eat less than them yet put pounds on just looking at them eating...almost. Only way I could stay trim would be to be active continuously through the day and eat rabbit food. When I was younger I played Rugby, tennis, squash well into my 30s and that's how I stayed trim then. But I stopped. Only then do I start to gain weight. But I'm quite healthy really...at least far more than most 68 years olds I know.
Doesn't matter how you look - stay active - love life and glass always half full - be kind to others, show respect, courtesy and manners. Pretty easy mantra to follow. Staying healthy is really all about the food and eating smart. I train 10 times per week - have luv handles still lol and no 6 pack. I am 55 and sadly love lollies lol. Keep going to gym and be you - just watch portion sizes.

Doesn't matter how you look - stay active - love life and glass always half full - be kind to others, show respect, courtesy and manners. Pretty easy mantra to follow. Staying healthy is really all about the food and eating smart. I train 10 times per week - have luv handles still lol and no 6 pack. I am 55 and sadly love lollies lol. Keep going to gym and be you - just watch portion sizes.
You are right Moderation is all you need to get by but the more you put into your health and fitness the more you get out of it .
538d39d2db58b0c467b93e09f.jpg

I 100% agree Bozo. I’ve gone the healthy route by reducing my consumption to 1 meat pie a day washed down by a 6 pack of Tooheys and a bottle of moderately priced red. Never felt better.
We all have our bench mark in the health and fitness and if that is yours that keeps you happy for now then good luck to you feathered friend .

I must admit a serious weakness for pizza. In the early to mid 80s I lived for a time in Newtown. There were two competing pizza makers close by and a little over a hundred metres from each other. They were pizzas to die for. Never seen their like again. I send out search parties but I'm still hoping for pizzas the equal to those two on King Street Newtown. Oh the pain of loss.

Bear. Hmm..........you must be Bob O'Reilly.

I must admit a serious weakness for pizza. In the early to mid 80s I lived for a time in Newtown. There were two competing pizza makers close by and a little over a hundred metres from each other. They were pizzas to die for. Never seen their like again. I send out search parties but I'm still hoping for pizzas the equal to those two on King Street Newtown. Oh the pain of loss.
Ever try Mimmo,s at Brookvale ?...(Best pizza not in Italy)

As as student at Sydney Uni in the early eighties, I can agree with @Bearfax that the pizzas you could get were to die for - the staple food for all us college students.

El Cordobes was the best - met my missus there but that's another story....

As as student at Sydney Uni in the early eighties, I can agree with @Bearfax that the pizzas you could get were to die for - the staple food for all us college students.

El Cordobes was the best - met my missus there but that's another story....

Yes I think that was one of them on the city side from Missenden on King. The other was a little west of Missenden on King opposite West Street. Regrettably on the corner of West on King was a topless bar pub opened to about 1 in the morning and the focus for all the local drunks. I lived in West Street and the bottle smashing around 10-1 at night was almost louder than the 1812 Overture.

With Walks pissing his career and life away and letting Kelly back to GC.

It would have been a real opportunity to have Tom playing centre in 2019. Too late to get him back?

Otherwise we may be stuck with fatboi Suli and Parker, spidermans slow brother.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4