Just on Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@BOZO your job sees a lot of serious stuff and I commend you and have a decent enough opinion of who you are to know I would want someone on the door of one of the many popular (and by association sometimes violent) venues I have managed. The fact you have been in the industry so long speaks to your professionalism.

But I'm a teacher now. I survive pretty well because handling a parent teacher interview is actually a whole lot easier than a forty five year old drunk at two pm advertising executive (male or female) and getting Ng them to agree to leave the venue peacefully.

But as much stress as my job entails, and it's more than we are paid to deal with, I come home to a wife who is an emergency doctor. When she's home to come home to. Everything is relative. No-one on this forum currently wants Trent barret to coach this team next year. Some of us have a less blinkered view and see both the good and the bad in people. The beauty of grey.

Trent didn't try to destroy the club or derail his career. He did the best with what he had and at certain times he looked the goods. Hindsights twenty twenty. Forgiveness is free and apparently you're into that stuff as a follower.

You obviously aren't bouncing many day bars so between working out and sleeping in before your next gig you have time to post on here. A lot. Just chill for a bit and look to next year.

Ps. Brian Kelly is a star in the making

Cronk and Thurston are game managers and organisers. Cherry is the running type half.

100% on that. Although his game management and team organisation did improve a lot this year mostly because it had to, its still the weakest part of DCE's game. As you say, he's a running halfback, the play what's in front of him type. That is why he worked so well with both Kieran Foran and Blake Green because they were the organisers which allowed Cherry to run.

And don't think Des doesn't know that because he certainly does.

Having LG or Hodko at 5/8 to organise things will hopefully allow Cherry to be the running halfback that he is best at.

If only Barrett had played Hodko in that organising role in the second half of this year. We might not have made the top 8, but I doubt we'd have been fighting off the spoon either. His team selections and style of play screwed us big time this year (even after we got players back from injury) and the end result showed it clearly.

@BOZO your job sees a lot of serious stuff and I commend you and have a decent enough opinion of who you are to know I would want someone on the door of one of the many popular (and by association sometimes violent) venues I have managed. The fact you have been in the industry so long speaks to your professionalism.

But I'm a teacher now. I survive pretty well because handling a parent teacher interview is actually a whole lot easier than a forty five year old drunk at two pm advertising executive (male or female) and getting Ng them to agree to leave the venue peacefully.

But as much stress as my job entails, and it's more than we are paid to deal with, I come home to a wife who is an emergency doctor. When she's home to come home to. Everything is relative. No-one on this forum currently wants Trent barret to coach this team next year. Some of us have a less blinkered view and see both the good and the bad in people. The beauty of grey.

Trent didn't try to destroy the club or derail his career. He did the best with what he had and at certain times he looked the goods. Hindsights twenty twenty. Forgiveness is free and apparently you're into that stuff as a follower.

You obviously aren't bouncing many day bars so between working out and sleeping in before your next gig you have time to post on here. A lot. Just chill for a bit and look to next year.

Ps. Brian Kelly is a star in the making
Great post and a very interesting life you have there @Top End Eagle . In regards to Trent I have always acknowledged that he was a very good player having played at all levels in the game . As a head coach my view is that Trent is a total failure who badly underachieved and dragged our team into wooden spoon level . As a passionate Manly supporter seeing Trent turn our fortress into a house of straws and our team into a z grade side is personal .
As far as forgiveness goes . Just because I despise Trent as a coach It does not mean I hold any animosity or ill feeling in my heart for Trent the person . I was only expressing how appalled I am as a passionate Manly supporter . I am happy that Trent is leaving . I wish Trent the person and his family all the best .
In see you are a passionate supporter of Kelly and I hope Des can bring out the best in him ,

Some of you get seriously aggrieved by @BOZO comments, especially when he double and triple downs on them. We then get the “lectures” by the experts on how to live life, and it frequently turns into an avalanche of criticism against him that invariably becomes quite personal.
I enjoy Bozo’s comments, because he has quite the wit in delivery.
Surely you gotta take into account the bouncer mentality when reading his stuff :)
Keep up the good work champ, the place would not be the same without you ruffling the feathered friends

And watch how you behave or you'll find yourself man handled to the exit.:giggle:

Your a gamer man than I Bozo....my Door job lasted 3 gigs....the night 50+ boppers turned on our 4 security staff in Toowoomba,
it was a life threatening gig.
Had to basically drag my boss and head bouncer out of an ambush situation and was copping a few king hits along the way.
Lucky they were typical drunks who thought they were Tyson, but only had a few scratches to show for it.
Damn scary though when drunks get into that feeding frenzy, its the 1 you don't see coming that's hard to prepare for....

Some of you get seriously aggrieved by @BOZO comments, especially when he double and triple downs on them. We then get the “lectures” by the experts on how to live life, and it frequently turns into an avalanche of criticism against him that invariably becomes quite personal.
I enjoy Bozo’s comments, because he has quite the wit in delivery.
Surely you gotta take into account the bouncer mentality when reading his stuff :)
Keep up the good work champ, the place would not be the same without you ruffling the feathered friends
Thank you for your kind comments @Zimbalist . We are all passionate Manly fans on here and we all have different personalities and come from different perspectives in life and these traits of ours make it hard for all off us to understand each other and agree with each other and that's human nature . The great thing we all have in common is that we all love Manly Sea eagles and this what brings us together against the rest of the world . We are all Manly supporters and that is something special that we all share .
imagesO8S9URMW.jpg
imagesO8S9URMW.jpg
imagesO8S9URMW.jpg
imagesO8S9URMW.jpg

Your a gamer man than I Bozo....my Door job lasted 3 gigs....the night 50+ boppers turned on our 4 security staff in Toowoomba,
it was a life threatening gig.
Had to basically drag my boss and head bouncer out of an ambush situation and was copping a few king hits along the way.
Lucky they were typical drunks who thought they were Tyson, but only had a few scratches to show for it.
Damn scary though when drunks get into that feeding frenzy, its the 1 you don't see coming that's hard to prepare for....
The sad thing is all of those frenzy folks are descent people up until the alcohol or the alcohol mixed with recreation drugs or medication and other susbstances are consumed which fuels their wild eratic behavior and they become out of control .
You also have the other types of people who are lacking any love upbringing in their life and all they have inside them is hate and retribution against the world and are looking for an opportunity for some one to challenge them so they can unleash their angst that has been building most of their sad life .
You are right , It is a life threatening job because you are dealing with volatile and out of control people with psycological conditions , highly aggressive and disrespectful upbringings and the alcohol and drug induced fearless warriors that all come at you like you are the most despised person in their world and they are out there to take all their hurt and revenge against you and lame you .
I think this will be my last year as a bounce having worked in the industry part time and fulltime for over 20 years . My first gig was as a 18 year old at a strip club . I was more excited about seeing the strip show than anything else . The novelty wore off as I also saw blokes in the dark corners of the room masterbating .. The things a bouncer sees are something else .
I think time has come for me to focus on my fulltime security corporate job and give the part time bouncer work away at the end of the year . After over 20 years of service I think its time for a break .
My most favourite band the Beatles wrote a song called All you need is love . That's what this world needs to be a more better place not only for bouncers but for every one .
imagesNSRPLH1U.jpg

Last edited:
The sad thing is all of those frenzy folks are descent people up until the alcohol or the alcohol mixed with recreation drugs or medication and other susbstances are consumed which fuels their wild eratic behavior and they become out of control .
You also have the other types of people who are lacking any love upbringing in their life and all they have inside them is hate and retribution against the world and are looking for an opportunity for some one to challenge them so they can unleash their angst that has been building most of their sad life .
You are right , It is a life threatening job because you are dealing with volatile and out of control people with psycological conditions , highly aggressive and disrespectful upbringings and the alcohol and drug induced fearless warriors that all come at you like you are the most despised person in their world and they are out there to take all their hurt and revenge against you and lame you .
I think this will be my last year as a bounce having worked in the industry part time and fulltime for over 20 years . My first gig was as a 18 year old at a strip club . I was more excited about seeing the strip show than anything else . The novelty wore off as I also saw blokes in the dark corners of the room masterbating .. The things a bouncer sees are something else .
I think time has come for me to focus on my fulltime security corporate job and give the part time bouncer work away at the end of the year . After over 20 years of service I think its time for a break .
My most favourite band the Beatles wrote a song called All you need is love . That's what this world needs to be a more better place not only for bouncers but for every one .
View attachment 10045
Had enough of loonies, drunks and watching creeps jerk off.....pfft.....you sound like a quitter!! :p ;)

You've got to allow this old fart to reminisce about what could have been...now there's one to boggle the brain.
I can see your point . We all reminisce now and again on the past and what could have been and how things have panned out . After all the past is part of our history.
You are not an old fart . You are a fellow who is happy and content in his comfort zone . You do have the capabilities to come out of your comfort zone and break those old lifestyle and diet habits and start a new 2019 and a new you
You can do it !!! .
I have seen dramatic transformation from people who made drastic changes in their lifestyles
Many years in the health and fitness has taught me the Gym builds strength and endurance
The dinner plate shapes our bodies .This is the theory I have had success with helping others to help them selves .
I hope this pic of an over 60 year old health and fitness fanatic can inspire you feathered friend
old-man-bodybuilder.jpg

I can see your point . We all reminisce now and again on the past and what could have been and how things have panned out . After all the past is part of our history.
You are not an old fart . You are a fellow who is happy and content in his comfort zone . You do have the capabilities to come out of your comfort zone and break those old lifestyle and diet habits and start a new 2019 and a new you
You can do it !!! .
I have seen dramatic transformation from people who made drastic changes in their lifestyles
Many years in the health and fitness has taught me the Gym builds strength and endurance
The dinner plate shapes our bodies .This is the theory I have had success with helping others to help them selves .
I hope this pic of an over 60 year old health and fitness fanatic can inspire you feathered friend
View attachment 10049
Western society is also seeing significant health problems caused by young males becoming obsessed with body image. So make sure you get into shape for the right reasons...and not just to look like a great big veiny dick.

You can do it !!! .
View attachment 10049

Actually I attend gym 3-5 days weekly for at least an hour each but I look nothing like this dude. I'm actually not quite as poorly off as I play on this forum, but I'm no fitness star. The dinner plate is a problem I'll admit, though my slow metabolism doesn't help (Its in the family. Dad didn't smoke, drink and stuck to three sensible meals a day and worked hard as an oxy welder. But he was still a big man.) I watch friends gorge themselves with things I would never eat such as cakes, lots of chips, meat pies lots of potato, rice, bread etc and look like Biafrans. I eat less than them yet put pounds on just looking at them eating...almost. Only way I could stay trim would be to be active continuously through the day and eat rabbit food. When I was younger I played Rugby, tennis, squash well into my 30s and that's how I stayed trim then. But I stopped. Only then do I start to lose weight. But I'm quite healthy really...at least far more than most 68 years olds I know.

You can do it !!! .
View attachment 10049

Actually I attend gym 3-5 days weekly for at least an hour each but I look nothing like this dude. I'm actually not quite as poorly off as I play on this forum, but I'm no fitness star. The dinner plate is a problem I'll admit, though my slow metabolism doesn't help (Its in the family. Dad didn't smoke, drink and stuck to three sensible meals a day and worked hard as an oxy welder. But he was still a big man.) I watch friends gorge themselves with things I would never eat such as cakes, lots of chips, meat pies lots of potato, rice, bread etc and look like Biafrans. I eat less than them yet put pounds on just looking at them eating...almost. Only way I could stay trim would be to be active continuously through the day and eat rabbit food. When I was younger I played Rugby, tennis, squash well into my 30s and that's how I stayed trim then. But I stopped. Only then do I start to gain weight. But I'm quite healthy really...at least far more than most 68 years olds I know.

Last edited:
Actually I attend gym 3-5 days weekly for at least an hour each but I look nothing like this dude. I'm actually not quite as poorly off as I play on this forum, but I'm no fitness star. The dinner plate is a problem I'll admit, though my slow metabolism doesn't help (Its in the family. Dad didn't smoke, drink and stuck to three sensible meals a day and worked hard as an oxy welder. But he was still a big man.) I watch friends gorge themselves with things I would never eat such as cakes, lots of chips, meat pies lots of potato, rice, bread etc and look like Biafrans. I eat less than them yet put pounds on just looking at them eating...almost. Only way I could stay trim would be to be active continuously through the day and eat rabbit food. When I was younger I played Rugby, tennis, squash well into my 30s and that's how I stayed trim then. But I stopped. Only then do I start to lose weight. But I'm quite healthy really...at least far more than most 68 years olds I know.

Good work Bear .... you have to stay physically active ....... I have signed up again this year for active patrol at the surf club .... my problem is that if I look too fit they expect me to do something .....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4