Just on Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It seems pretty clear that Tom Wright does not have the grit required for NRL footy, signing with the Union boys again is proof enough of that.

Barrett is still a dud though. No extra proof required.

Not directing this at you Maxta but there have been a number of misconceptions about Tom Wright, the biggest being the potential he apparently possesses. He was never the big star junior recruit that people think he was. He was a rugby 7's "stab in the dark" "see how we go" risk that Manly took at very little cost, in spite of what has reported "lucrative"...he was in NYC at the time.

He was never touted as our saviour by the club, nor was he a particular favourite of his coaches. He was just another young footballer hoping to make it. There were times when he was lucky not to be dropped in NYC for brain snaps like grubbering for himself in his own in goal.

He only played FG because of one of the most horrendous injury tolls and a range of salary cap bungles. He had no organisational skills or a kicking game to speak of. He pulled a rabbit out of hat against Saints in Wollongong and the casual footy fan thought, geez this kid can play, but that's ignoring the glaring deficencies in his game.

He wasn't poorly utilised, he was lucky to get a game at all and he won't be missed. The only people that thought he might be any good were desperate fans hoping for some magic in the wake of Hodkinson signing.

The club were never that confident in him and are hardly devastated by his departure.
And this from the same club that puts Brad Parker in first grade @:D

Not directing this at you Maxta but there have been a number of misconceptions about Tom Wright, the biggest being the potential he apparently possesses. He was never the big star junior recruit that people think he was. He was a rugby 7's "stab in the dark" "see how we go" risk that Manly took at very little cost, in spite of what has reported "lucrative"...he was in NYC at the time.

He was never touted as our saviour by the club, nor was he a particular favourite of his coaches. He was just another young footballer hoping to make it. There were times when he was lucky not to be dropped in NYC for brain snaps like grubbering for himself in his own in goal.

He only played FG because of one of the most horrendous injury tolls and a range of salary cap bungles. He had no organisational skills or a kicking game to speak of. He pulled a rabbit out of hat against Saints in Wollongong and the casual footy fan thought, geez this kid can play, but that's ignoring the glaring deficencies in his game.

He wasn't poorly utilised, he was lucky to get a game at all and he won't be missed. The only people that thought he might be any good were desperate fans hoping for some magic in the wake of Hodkinson signing.

The club were never that confident in him and are hardly devastated by his departure.
You are right there Snake, Under Trent Tom was lucky to get a game . Tom played mainly off the bench and minimum time on the field and after only 5 appearances in the NRL Tom was player of the round and the only player to score by an individual piece of speed and brilliance .against the Dragons team that flogged us
To dismiss a young player after only 5 NRL games including a man of the match performance is one of your best @Snake

Manly Sea eagles ....
Lottoland Legend of the Week - Round 15
Tom Wright was voted as our Lottoland Legend of the Week for his efforts in our Round 15 clash with the St George Illawarra Dragons
https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2018/06/19/lottoland-legend-of-the-week---round-15/

You are right there Snake, Under Trent Tom was lucky to get a game . Tom played mainly off the bench and minimum time on the field and after only 5 appearances in the NRL Tom was player of the round and the only player to score by an individual piece of speed and brilliance .against the Dragons team that flogged us
To dismiss a young player after only 5 NRL games including a man of the match performance is one of your best @Snake

Manly Sea eagles ....
Tom Wright was voted as our Lottoland Legend of the Week for his efforts in our Round 15 clash with the St George Illawarra Dragons
https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2018/06/19/lottoland-legend-of-the-week---round-15/
Brian Kelly won three of those awards last year!!!
That must make him a superstar :)
(FYI this is an online voting poll and has as much relevance (or less) as ST's MVP - where T. Wright (0) scored less points than Parker (2.5))

Brian Kelly won three of those awards last year!!!
That must make him a superstar :)
(FYI this is an online voting poll and has as much relevance (or less) as ST's MVP - where T. Wright (0) scored less points than Parker (2.5))
Show me a individual try that Kelly or Parker scored with the speed and brilliance that Tom did against the dragons
Watch how he leaves players in their wake . He makes all those NRL Dragons look like kids in park footy

[QUOTE="MuzztheEagle,
If you want to get excited about developing players look no further than Amone, someone who truly developed and took his opportunities in NSW cup last year and has been rewarded for it.[/QUOTE]

What was he rewarded with?

Manly Sea eagles ....
That was literally the ONLY thing he did! I more remember him watching as players made a break where just watched and had no intention of showing that blinding speed to run them down and save a try.

I was hoping he might be something special like a few here but his heart was never in the NRL. He is a RU lad.

That was literally the ONLY thing he did! I more remember him watching as players made a break where just watched and had no intention of showing that blinding speed to run them down and save a try.

I was hoping he might be something special like a few here but his heart was never in the NRL. He is a RU lad.
5 games with mainly minimum time off the Bench coached by an inexperienced incompetent coach does not make or break any young player as far as I am concerned
But hey we all see things differently

[QUOTE="MuzztheEagle,
If you want to get excited about developing players look no further than Amone, someone who truly developed and took his opportunities in NSW cup last year and has been rewarded for it.

What was he rewarded with?[/QUOTE]
He got to wash wintersteins jersey

Why do people keep defending the indefensible with Barrett?
He's been given the flick because he can't coach. Simple.
Those that sight AFB and Marty as proof are kidding themselves. With a guy like AFB he just grows bigger and bigger and runs.its called becoming a man.... Marty had all the tools before he arrived and has continued on that path.... TB has done SFA to make any player better at the seaeagles.
The hate Tom Wright garners here is sad but a fact of life given we are all experts and Ex Rep players....
I believe he will be killing it in the near future.

Hey Punchie ..... revise your facts ..... DCE just played is first SOO and Australian rep games in 4 years under Barrett ..... but hey, what are facts if you can't change them to suit an opinion ....

Really?? I mean.....c'mon, seriously?

I don't want to sound nasty, just realistic. Lets face it, the only reasons DCE got back into rep footy this year was because Cronk and Thurston retired, Morgan and Ponga got injured and Ben Hunt continued to prove that he can't handle pressure in big games. Qld literally had no one left who could do the job. Corey Norman? Ha!! He was playing as bad as Barrett was coaching.

If you honestly think that Barrett's coaching of Manly helped Cherry in any way get his rep jumpers back, then you are starting to clutch at straws with your defence of the guy.

And this is nothing at all against Cherry because I firmly believe he should have been playing rep footy anyway and the fact that he wasn't was total BS. I'm glad he's back in rep footy, he deserves it and should never have lost his spot in the first place. But the reality is that if Qld had anyone else they thought could have done the job, he'd likely have been overlooked again and that would also have hurt his Kangaroos chances.

Good luck to Cherry because he's grabbed the opportunity with both hands and I hope this time around that he becomes a mainstay for his state and country. But its hardly something Barrett is responsible for.

Really?? I mean.....c'mon, seriously?

I don't want to sound nasty, just realistic. Lets face it, the only reasons DCE got back into rep footy this year was because Cronk and Thurston retired, Morgan and Ponga got injured and Ben Hunt continued to prove that he can't handle pressure in big games. Qld literally had no one left who could do the job. Corey Norman? Ha!! He was playing as bad as Barrett was coaching.

If you honestly think that Barrett's coaching of Manly helped Cherry in any way get his rep jumpers back, then you are starting to clutch at straws with your defence of the guy.

And this is nothing at all against Cherry because I firmly believe he should have been playing rep footy anyway and the fact that he wasn't was total BS. I'm glad he's back in rep footy, he deserves it and should never have lost his spot in the first place. But the reality is that if Qld had anyone else they thought could have done the job, he'd likely have been overlooked again and that would also have hurt his Kangaroos chances.

Good luck to Cherry because he's grabbed the opportunity with both hands and I hope this time around that he becomes a mainstay for his state and country. But its hardly something Barrett is responsible for.
Nailed it.
Barrett has not improved a single player in his time with us. I would evenngonso far to say The Tommy Turbo has stunted in progression under him.

Why do people keep defending the indefensible with Barrett?
He's been given the flick because he can't coach. Simple.
Those that sight AFB and Marty as proof are kidding themselves. With a guy like AFB he just grows bigger and bigger and runs.its called becoming a man.... Marty had all the tools before he arrived and has continued on that path.... TB has done SFA to make any player better at the seaeagles.
The hate Tom Wright garners here is sad but a fact of life given we are all experts and Ex Rep players....
I believe he will be killing it in the near future.
Mate... do yourself a favour and give up trying to figure that one out... as it stands the Barrett sympathisers are presenting the following argument as substantive proof that Trent is deserving of both our respect and thankfulness. We have to seperate Trent the coach from Trent the libertarian... Trent’s results are farking reprehensible but in no way are they to be considered in the the big picture. The Barrett sympathisers are trying to push forward the delusion that Trent sacrificed his career as a head coach and pulled the pin on a 12 month notice period to allow for his exit from the club to come into effect halfway through next season because of his love for the players and a dissatisfaction towards the diabolical state of our facilities. He is a selfless revolutionary... aaaand he didn’t have a list manager... something along those lines anyway.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4