Just a thought on NEW signings.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sam Burgess …. He’s got more hang ups than a Christmas tree!

Just sayin’
I get that and can't argue, but what a hard nosed brute he was....personally would love a bloke with his ability to join our 2023 pack.....opposition would suddenly fear us just a little like the good old days !!

That example with Lawton S68 is spot on and if Lawton did not commit 100% to the run, would have been stopped, maybe an error, but ran that unders line "right through"....Croker of all ppl scored similar vs Bris when we spanked them by 50 in 2021....hard unders lines with purpose.
It's a good habit to get into, as it completely bends up and kinks the defensive line allowing space as the defenders are forced to commit and if they don't - your on your way.
Funny how all these bodies in motion when winning well, yet behind or struggling there are NO runners....Manly recently lack those hard nosed ball runners, who want to bang down the walls and Paseka , Oka, Tuilagi types will be far more dangerous running with pace and power than that flat footed catch and run stuff, plus team mates will love taking the next run after they have scattered the defenders and got the defence on the back foot !!
Man, I want nothing more (well, maybe more) than to see Oka running full tilt on to the ball instead of the flat footed big palm thing he got in the habit of doing. A full steam Paseka, Keppie and Sipley can set the next runner up for sure. But can they do it?? Can they raise their game with Aloiai and possibly Bullemore?? We wait and see.

. Despite his image and what Bozo says about him, I think the whole Mr Nice Guy thing is a bit overplayed. He goes in just as hard as any player. He and Tom can be mentors to the younger blokes who should and will at some point, be introduced. I think there's enough aggression in the pack
Thanks for sharing your point of view feathered friend as this is what makes our forum interesting

To win a game you need to get on top of your opponent both physically and psychologically
and nothing is more powerful than getting on top of your opponent by scarring them psychologically and putting them off their game . And once your off your game its game all over for you

This is made possible by the means of intimidation and by Intimidating players and not by Nice guy players like Jake that bring their table manner on the field .

Our Image is who we have established our selves to be
We need to over come the flat track bullies pack image that we have established by changing our passive aggressive attitude

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your point of view feathered friend as this is what makes our forum interesting

To win a game you need to get on top of your opponent both physically and psychologically
and nothing is more powerful than getting on top of your opponent by scarring them psychologically and putting them off their game . And once your off your game its game all over for you

This is made possible by the means of intimidation and by Intimidating players and not by and Nice guy players like Jake that bring their table manner on the field .

We need to over come the flat track bullies pack image that we have established by changing our passive aggressive attitude
Your namesake was a big believer in winning the psychological battle.

Glad to see we have a psych coach this year. We need it.

So weak minded. They must hate the grind. Our team dead set losses far too many games between the ears.

Last edited:
Your namesake was a big believer in winning the psychological battle.
Our mind is more powerful than our biceps feathered friend
Win the mind battle and we bury the body

This is what we need to do to the Panthers at 4 pines park this season
We need to bury them there
cemetary%2Bdirt%2Bmound.jpg

This is made possible by the means of intimidation and by Intimidating players and not by Nice guy players like Jake that bring their table manner on the field .

You're absolutely right that you rarely win games if your forward pack does not get on top of the opposition. And we certainly need to regain some respect. All I was saying about Jake, is that I don't think he's quite the Mr Nice guy that is portrayed. I think he hits just as hard as most forwards in defence and whilst he doesn't have an intimidation factor necessarily, I'm ok with that. I look forward to others I mentioned for that. Jake inspires by giving everything he's got and leaving it on the park, not by pulling of the Spud and Harrigan type hits. I just feel we diminish Jake by always saying he's too nice. That's all.

Last edited:
You're absolutely right that you rarely win games if your forward pack does not get on top of the opposition. And we certainly need to regain some respect. All I was saying about Jake, is that I don't think he's quite the Mr Nice guy that is portrayed. I think he hits just as hard as most forwards in defence and whilst he doesn't have an intimidation factor necessarily, I'm ok with that. I look forward to others I mentioned for that. Jake inspires by giving everything he's got and leaving it on the park, not by by pulling of the Spud and Harrigan type hits. I just feel we diminish Jake buy always saying he's too nice. That's all.
Jake needs to stop bringing his etiquette table manners on the field

No one can be intimidating by being Nice

He needs to change his Mr Nice guy Image and attitude

Thats all :)

Jake needs to stop bringing his etiquette table manners on the field

No one can be intimidating by being Nice

He needs to change his Mr Nice guy Image and attitude

Thats all :)
I'm still not getting what you mean by his etiquette table manners. Can you give me an example of what he does consistently on the field that makes you think this. I get that he's not the intimidator type and I agree with you that we need that in the pack. I just don't think that's who Jake is. His game is full of passion (I think you would agree??) and he inspires with his defence and I hope Seibold can get him out of the robot mode he fell into with Des. I just don't think trying to turn Jake into someone that just isn't him, is what we need. We need to channel those forwards that DO have that in them - Keppie, Sipley, Aloiai etc.

You aren't allowed to punch these days so intimidation is slightly different. A nasty glare works for some, especially if cross-eyed. We could probably get someone to come and do the players eyebrows, can make a real difference to how you are perceived.

1673340066762.jpeg

Agree with most of this but not sure Id be getting Aloiai to mentor Paseka.

Paseka is around 90 first grade games to Aloiais 120 odd.

They should be competing to be alpha of the pack
That's the psychology I'd be using on Aloiai; if Aloiai is seen / likes to be seen as a leader in any way (even an ethics thought leader, which he no doubt does - nothing wrong in that - I'd use it to team advantage), then it's his opportunity to put up or shut up.

Leadership = responsibility (amongst other things - I have a Masters degree in it, so I have an inkling). If someone is willing to take public ownership of their actions from last year's "7" incident (which he has - whether you or I or anybody agrees with what he said), then, in my mind, this person can have a positive influence with the playing group.

It's not Aloiai's seniority comparable to Paseka that would persuade me to get him (Aloiai) to show a way forward for (particularly Pasifika) Manly's pack this year; it's his history of putting his head 'above the parapet' on things. That 'internal stubbornness' - or backbone, if you prefer - could be used to craft a real forward leader - hopefully Jim Dymock (who has been brought on board for this) can help Aloiai become this.

Just an additional thought on our forwards: I don't care if they don't come out pumped up like demons, like the Wests players after a Roy Masters face-slapping session. In fact, I'd prefer it if they didn't.

Those sort of trash-talking football gangsters attract referee attention like flies to a piggery. Referees are (newsflash) human; they do have bias, and keep a keen eye out for players that they feel 'sail close to the wind' - reffs are paid to do this. Our players can't help us if they get suspended for behaving like Al Pacino in Scarface. This sort of stuff usually just pumps up the opposition as well.

The remedy - just be the 'smiling assassins'. Let your defense (and attack) speak for themselves. Matai and Tafua (and Randall) didn't need to trash talk anyone after they hit them - their defense said far more than words could. Most teams mentally disintegrate when they collectively believe they can't win - getting the wind knocked out of you legitimately / repeatedly is one of the best ways you can do that.

PS - what Jake says to his teammates gathered behind the tryline will tell you that he's not on the field to be nice. He's only nice to interviewers - cause he wants more kids watching to play for Manly like he does.

That's the psychology I'd be using on Aloiai; if Aloiai is seen / likes to be seen as a leader in any way (even an ethics thought leader, which he no doubt does - nothing wrong in that - I'd use it to team advantage), then it's his opportunity to put up or shut up.

Leadership = responsibility (amongst other things - I have a Masters degree in it, so I have an inkling). If someone is willing to take public ownership of their actions from last year's "7" incident (which he has - whether you or I or anybody agrees with what he said), then, in my mind, this person can have a positive influence with the playing group.

It's not Aloiai's seniority comparable to Paseka that would persuade me to get him (Aloiai) to show a way forward for (particularly Pasifika) Manly's pack this year; it's his history of putting his head 'above the parapet' on things. That 'internal stubbornness' - or backbone, if you prefer - could be used to craft a real forward leader - hopefully Jim Dymock (who has been brought on board for this) can help Aloiai become this.
Dont necessarily disagree on any of that but leading and mentoring are different things.

Aloiai can certainly be the leader of the pack but don't think having him as a specific mentor for Paseka is the right move.

Dont necessarily disagree on any of that but leading and mentoring are different things.

Aloiai can certainly be the leader of the pack but don't think having him as a specific mentor for Paseka is the right move.
A mentor is a situational / personal leader.

I can see how it might work on a couple of specific (or should that be Pacific) players but my concern is that he just hasn't demonstrated any ability to bring a pack together. We need a homogenous pack and I'm not convinced the other players see him as the bloke to lead them. I still have Tom getting stuck into Paseka in the memory bank and how Paseka reacted to that. I'm not sure Aloiai has earned the right to get into someone like that, if and when the time is needed. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh.

I can see how it might work on a couple of specific (or should that be Pacific) players but my concern is that he just hasn't demonstrated any ability to bring a pack together. We need a homogenous pack and I'm not convinced the other players see him as the bloke to lead them. I still have Tom getting stuck into Paseka in the memory bank and how Paseka reacted to that. I'm not sure Aloiai has earned the right to get into someone like that, if and when the time is needed. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh.
Perhaps it was because Marty T was still there. There's an opportunity that may have (even informally) been thought of as 'Tapau's role'.

Also - perhaps Aloiai needs to be formally tasked with it - 'this is part of your job now'. Might be the making of him.

Perhaps it was because Marty T was still there. There's an opportunity that may have (even informally) been thought of as 'Tapau's role'.

Also - perhaps Aloiai needs to be formally tasked with it - 'this is part of your job now'. Might be the making of him.
I just can't see any aggression coming from the very Reverend Josh A or gentle giant Taniela.
T Sipps and Keppie maybe. We need a grub in there to stir them up.

Psychology has many levels Bozo. When Jake snaps someone in half and apologises it probably rattles them more than if he was an ass hole abo
The fact is Jake is not the sarcastic type of character at any level on the field
Every Mother that watches footy can see that

No one intimidates any one by apologising and being nice and that is not a probably it is a certainty

Jake is not an ass hole on the field because Jake brings his table manners on the field and wears a Halo on the field

The fact is Our Flat track bullies pack needs a serious image change to be taken seriously

No Halo on 4 time premiership wining Manly Enforcer Terry Randall
Twelve stars of the 1970’s announced for The81stMinute Hall of Fame

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4