just a reminder

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree Garts but I'm meaning the consistently injured players, Rodney, Matai, Already Lyon is injured, Brett has to be a masssive worry, Wolfie out already, that tyupe of thing. When we won in 2008, we kept the same team on paddock for most of season, can't see it happening with us,

Matabele link said:
I was howled down several years ago when I suggested King would play Origin too.
I fully admit at that stage of his career I never thought he had it in him.

manlyborn link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=186658.msg319940#msg319940 date=1299316689]
I was howled down several years ago when I suggested King would play Origin too.
I fully admit at that stage of his career I never thought he had it in him.

[/quote]  If Williams learns how to defend I can just hear Gould start the "he looks like an origin player" campaign.

To be fair look at some of the players that have got a run the past 5 yrs...

King was never an origin player.  Just shows the paucity of talent available to NSW and the reason they haven't won a series since Adam was a boy.

Of course T-Rex is a chance, if Turner and Quinn can get a Blues jumper then anyone with two legs is an outside chance of playing on the wing.

susan link said:
For the doubters amongst you the following players won a grand final 2 years ago by 40 to nil  and will be competing this year

King,Ballin,Kite,Watmough,G.Stewart,Lyon,Matai,Robertson,
B.Stewart,D.Williams - 10 players

That is 9 of the starting 13 who guided us to glory plus King who is the current NSW prop.Remember what the commentariat was saying after the 2009 win over Leeds.Dynasty was the catch cry.
Well,guess what most of them are still there.

Throw in Foran who is a kiwi international with some good kids and you have a great side.

The stewart nightmare 2 years ago,injuries and a foolish fitness regime
last year have hidden our true talent.

I take you back to the first half of round 1 last year before Bretts injury.That is what I expect each week with all the garbage behind us and fully expect to run run top 4 and threaten for the title.

Melbourne have 3 or 4 players left from 09 ,s**t props and a dozen untried kids and everyone wants to be on them.

it is a joke!

Yeah - what a crap team,

Beau Champion, Cooper Cronk, Ryan Hinchcliff, Sika Manu, Kevin Proctor, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Anthony Quinn, & some huge forwards.

They have something to prove this season.

This is the only time i agree with Jerry in the history and
future of the offseasons and probably during any season
ever,besides on us being completely awesome

Quinn hasnt played for 2 years,Hinchcliffe has played more A grade than reserve grade and couldnt hold down a regular spot in Canberra,proctor is too small and is a plodder and the huge forwards are Woolnough(let go by knights and then retired for a while)and Jaiman Lowe who had basically retired to North Qld after being let go by the bunnies.Sika Manu is injured again.

Scary stuff Jerry.

susan link said:
Quinn hasnt played for 2 years,Hinchcliffe has played more A grade than reserve grade and couldnt hold down a regular spot in Canberra,proctor is too small and is a plodder and the huge forwards are Woolnough(let go by knights and then retired for a while)and Jaiman Lowe who had basically retired to North Qld after being let go by the bunnies.Sika Manu is injured again.

Scary stuff Jerry.

To be fair, Hinchcliffe played pretty well last year, and I think Proctor is/could be a better player than you are giving him credit for

susan link said:

Scary stuff Jerry.
Yep - you could do the same number on our boys - but I wont.
Lets see how you go in the tipping contest hey - I'm there!

:)

won ours twice in the last 5 years.40 blokes, 200 in each.happy to have a run jerry.

i dont doubt your love of the eagles  but you seem to be forgetting bellamy now does not have an open wallet like previous years and for the life of me I cant see the recently retired pairing of Woolnough and Lowe tearing into it.Plus I have actually seen their pack this year go around.they are ****house.

susan link said:
For the doubters amongst you the following players won a grand final 2 years ago by 40 to nil  and will be competing this year

King,Ballin,Kite,Watmough,G.Stewart,Lyon,Matai,Robertson,
B.Stewart,D.Williams - 10 players

That is 9 of the starting 13 who guided us to glory plus King who is the current NSW prop.Remember what the commentariat was saying after the 2009 win over Leeds.Dynasty was the catch cry.
Well,guess what most of them are still there.
  I hate to say it but I suspect this means we have 10 fellows still dining off the success of 2008 and only putting in 90%, not the 110% we saw that year.  The hunger and player discipline and cohesiveness of 2008 is a far cry from the dross of recent seasons, and last night. 

What is better for this year.  Limping into the finals in 7th or 8th and making a limp exit again?  Or missing the finals that would necessitate the secateurs coming out on some dead wood (starting with Watmough)?

and 28 bucks is not looking value for money. Funny how bookies seem to always know the true story of a team. Our current flaw is that group of players achieved 3 years ago and that's a long time ago. Georgeous George is a larrikan but in terms of footy ability plays the way he looks. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6