just a reminder

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
For the doubters amongst you the following players won a grand final 2 years ago by 40 to nil  and will be competing this year

King,Ballin,Kite,Watmough,G.Stewart,Lyon,Matai,Robertson,
B.Stewart,D.Williams - 10 players

That is 9 of the starting 13 who guided us to glory plus King who is the current NSW prop.Remember what the commentariat was saying after the 2009 win over Leeds.Dynasty was the catch cry.
Well,guess what most of them are still there.

Throw in Foran who is a kiwi international with some good kids and you have a great side.

The stewart nightmare 2 years ago,injuries and a foolish fitness regime
last year have hidden our true talent.

I take you back to the first half of round 1 last year before Bretts injury.That is what I expect each week with all the garbage behind us and fully expect to run run top 4 and threaten for the title.

Melbourne have 3 or 4 players left from 09 ,**** props and a dozen untried kids and everyone wants to be on them.

it is a joke!

Good way to look at it. A lot of those writing us off may have second thoughts after a month or two.

Agree. i can't see why we are being written off by so many 'experts' already.

Just the usual haters i guess

I reckon we are top 4 material for sure. Plenty of experience and big game players.

I guess the question mark is the halves...not so much the players themselves, just the fact any new halves combo can take time to gel no matter how good the players are individually.

Never hurts being wrong if it helps the greater cause Mata.If big Williams can do the same I will be doing cartwheels.

But my point is pretty simple.10 recent GF winners in one side with a winning culture and a good coach does not equal running 13th like many of the so called experts expect.

On 2gb just a while ago theyre saying  to watch out for Manly in 2011.Take the $26.00,youd be crazy not to.

One thing to keep in mind is that of the 1,6,7,9 GF spine, you only really have two and one of those is on the comeback after two years of injury.  Arguably Foran will prove to be a better player than Orford, but he's still on a learning curve.  We must hope that DCE justifies the faith fantasy team players and some Queensland Cup watchers have in him.  But more importantly let's hope Des gives him a run.  Hodkins Lymphoma only got called up when injury demanded it.

susan link said:
Never hurts being wrong if it helps the greater cause Mata.If big Williams can do the same I will be doing cartwheels.

But my point is pretty simple.10 recent GF winners in one side with a winning culture and a good coach does not equal running 13th like many of the so called experts expect.
Tony Williams will play origin.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=susan link=topic=186658.msg319816#msg319816 date=1299291284]

Tony Williams will play origin.
[/quote]

LOL I like Tony but, come on Mata. He'll only play if he's put on the bench a utility and has absolute blinders. With Matai out for 4 weeks he'll be in the centres.

Players can transform when they gain more experience

1 of the better examples in our current squad is Matai, 3-4 seasons ago would "never be a first grader" and now you could argue as being a crucial member of our side.

Just on behalf of Darren, the players are 2 years older and 2 years slower now lol

If Kite and Watmough play like they did in 09 then I hear you. Also remember that Lyon played 5/8 through that final series. There's some pressure on DCE and Foran to fire.

We showed last season that over 60 minutes we were probably the best team in the comp, if we can turn that into 80 minutes we're a big show.

good post Sue, Kiwi is hanging me abit lol, we do look loaded with stars and 26 bucks is a surprise but remember if we start all breaking down (lyon, rodney, king, kite, choc, matai) etc I am going to be bringing it up as I copped some (justified) writings about my lack of idea (saying that nicely) and that age and exprience is the key to winning!!

Happy to go on record to say we are wrongly balanced in age and experience. Our halves are too young to both lead the team around and we have too many injury prone older players who will surprise me if they can see out the season. Hoping that a Lussick steps up and surprises everyone.

Bring it on if I'm wrong!! Trust me, it wouldn't make me happy because it means we have had a crap year. I want to be saying to myself as I look at Kingy holding the 2011 trophy, "Darren, you have no idea"  ;D :D ;)

You have to remember age often has nothing to do with injury. Players of all players get injured. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6