Josh Starling

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This just made my day. No, not Star beating the crusher tackle charge, though that was a very good thing.

No, the good thing is that I needed a boost as I've been suffering from the flu. Last night I tweeted Slothfield and called him a #Tool for getting Star cited with the photo. I don't think he liked as he blocked me, but not before he re-posted the pic and asked if he should ignore it next time (no drama, I wasn't following him anyway :p).

LOL I needed a pick up and that was it.

And @HoldenV8

Always remember what @Jethro says:

"Don't feed the Trolls"!

Technically Rothtool's not a troll.

He's close enough tho, mate.

I didn't really see it as feeding the troll, I just had fun telling him what I think of him without getting abusive.

I have to laugh that his Twitter account says he's a soccer hater.....yet he jumped on the Wanderers bandwagon didn't he lol.

While I do agree with the tool that the photo was pretty damning, the fact is that a still photo is very different to it happening in real time. And I still haven't heard a complaint from the Vermin about it even after the pic was published, so its pretty obvious they saw it as nothing more than an accidental poke in the eye otherwise they'd have been all over it, especially as their player had to leave the field for treatment. Their fans might not be too happy based on the pic, but the club itself didn't see the need to make a fuss about it. For that I actually have to commend the Vermin, there are a few other NRL clubs who would have jumped up and down like imbeciles screaming blue murder over it even if they had won.

What a waste of time and money, yet again the Club has the expense and not the NRL :dodgy:

Hope that Starlo is clear headed enough to put on the burners tackling Gordon :)

Flash Gordon vs The Star.

Sorry but that's one cover tackle I can't see him being quick enough for. Gordon and David Mead are just about the quickest players in the NRL. And James Roberts would have to be the quickest in the league over 40.

What would it do for his rep though if he did manage to pull off another one on either Gordon or Mead?

HoldenV8 said:
Flash Gordon vs The Star.

Sorry but that's one cover tackle I can't see him being quick enough for. Gordon and David Mead are just about the quickest players in the NRL. And James Roberts would have to be the quickest in the league over 40.

What would it do for his rep though if he did manage to pull off another one on either Gordon or Mead?

Yeah Roberts mate.

Apparently he's the quickest up there (even quicker than Gordon).

I actually watched a recorded game of Us v Titans from 2010.

(We lost 22-24 at Brookie)

Gordon tho had short hair (not the long, flowing, braided locks we see these days).

Now I myself don't have short hair at all, but I thought "Flash" did look better closely cropped!

Anyway, as I've said, Tyrrell saw nothing in Starlo's "facial" and if there was anything at all they would've said so on the field (as any penalty or advantage would be seized upon).

There was ZERO. So that's good enough for me; as opposed to a still-shot from a Telecrap photographer.

As for Rothtool, I take your point. (Not a troll just from the same family).

Those blokes thrive on the attention too, good or bad, it fuels their lilly-livered egos.

Snake said:
Stevo said:
The loophole will be that he was charged with dangerous conduct. Which covers a whole heap of crap. There is no actual crusher tackle charge. He fell on the guys head and you can't really dispute that because it happened.

no loophole; he was charged with dangerous contact, not conduct. He took the early plea for the gouge (which was simply titled "dangerous contact"), but other charge is "dangerous contact- unnecessary head/neck pressure".

It's a ridiculous charge regardless of what they call it, but they have identified it as a "crusher".

http://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/judiciary/tabid/10435/default.aspx

They're all calling it Dangerous Contact but it doesn't exist according to the NRL

Stevo said:
Snake said:
Stevo said:
The loophole will be that he was charged with dangerous conduct. Which covers a whole heap of crap. There is no actual crusher tackle charge. He fell on the guys head and you can't really dispute that because it happened.

no loophole; he was charged with dangerous contact, not conduct. He took the early plea for the gouge (which was simply titled "dangerous contact"), but other charge is "dangerous contact- unnecessary head/neck pressure".

It's a ridiculous charge regardless of what they call it, but they have identified it as a "crusher".

http://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/judiciary/tabid/10435/default.aspx

They're all calling it Dangerous Contact but it doesn't exist according to the NRL

There are some interesting offences in that list
Law Breaking, Disputing Decision, Re-Entering play ( wtf?)

One thing I do find crazy is that Reynolds got charged with a grade two tripping charge, what the hell do you have to do to get a grade 5?
Not saying he deserved a grade 5 but if I did a trip like he did while I was playing soccer ( which is played with the feet ) I'd be getting a straight red.

Hamster Huey said:
The DT states that Buzz is the 'most feared' commentator.

'Feared' like a vexacious co-worker that misleads, lies, cries wolf and is protected by the boss from any fallout.

It isn't a badge of honour. Most 'respected' would be most normal peoples aim in the public eye.

Meh, the only fear he creates is when he drives home after a long day at the pub office.

Well done Josh!

After this the NRL should removed the penalty and aplogise. As for the Telecrap puting Josh as a gouger on the back page of the paper and across the internet (which is still there for all to see)...

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/south-sydney-prop-dave-tyrrell-says-josh-starling-eye-gouge-image-looked-worse-than-it-was/story-fndv36md-1227025962123

HE was the supposed victim of eye gouging — one of the grubbiest acts in rugby league.

Yet Souths prop Dave Tyrrell claims he had no knowledge that Manly opposite Josh Starling had made contact with his face until a graphic photograph of the incident was published in Monday’s The Daily Telegraph.

The image led to the former Rabbitoh being hit with a grade one dangerous contact charge, a 75-point offence that leaves him on the precipice of being outed just before or during the finals.

Speaking about the incident for the first time after Thursday night’s win over Brisbane, Tyrrell — a good friend of Starling from their days at Redfern — said the NRL match review committee had “judged a book by its cover”.

“The photo definitely looks bad, but during the game it was something I didn’t even notice,” Tyrrell said.

“I don’t think Starlo meant anything by it and he was really worried when the photo came out.

“I don’t think you can judge a book by its cover. Some things might look bad, but on this occasion I was fine.”

Tyrrell said he didn’t even know Starling had made contact with his face.

Tyrrell said he didn’t even know Starling had made contact with his face. Source: News Corp Australia

Although Starling will not miss a game, Manly officials were furious and believe the NRL’s charge was based on perception, rather than reality.

Tyrrell also revealed Starling had phoned him in a panic shortly after the photo was published on Monday morning.

“I thought that was pretty funny, because he was texting me in a panic and I was giving him a bit of stick about it,” Tyrrell said.

“I reassured him that it had no effect on me, and I wasn’t going to say anything bad about it.

“There were no repercussions from my end — it was just an ugly picture.”

Yeah great but because he pled guilty to the charge he has 75 carryovers just waiting for some bs grade 1 charge that will force him out of a final. I wish they fought this one too but I think they were worried about copping 2wks if he was found guilty of both charges.

Tyrrell did clearly say there was nothing in it; even joked he couldn't remember the tackle at all.

There was zero protest on the field either.

As far as he could (in the scheme of things) he DID downplay and cover Starlo's ar$e.

Because there WAS nothing in it (or the Keary "crusher").

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6