Josh Starling

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
EagleRock40 said:
Eagleheart said:
From Manly website.

Starling to fight charge

Tue 12th August, 03:36PM

Josh Starling will front the NRL judiciary tomorrow night after pleading not guilty to the Grade 1 Dangerous Contact - unnecessary pressure to the head/neck - charge levelled against him by the Match Review Committee.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/08/12/starling_to_fight_charge.html

Smart decision...early guilty plea would have also give him carry over points going into the finals. He will win this and be free to play on Sunday :)

He SHOULD win this, but will he?? LOL

And what's the upshot exactly if he loses (not double points is it?)

One of the most embarrassing charges I've seen in years (if not the most!)

He has the opposite player in his corner saying there was nothing in it. There was no complaint on the field. In fact nothing was said until the Terrorgraph published the photo.

He will win easily and play on the weekend which is lucky because we would have struggled without him. Although it would have been interesting to see King start.

If he didnt fight the charge and copped the week would he still have the carry over points?

edit: i found the answer

RiverEagle said:
EagleRock40 said:
Eagleheart said:
From Manly website.

Starling to fight charge

Tue 12th August, 03:36PM

Josh Starling will front the NRL judiciary tomorrow night after pleading not guilty to the Grade 1 Dangerous Contact - unnecessary pressure to the head/neck - charge levelled against him by the Match Review Committee.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/08/12/starling_to_fight_charge.html

Smart decision...early guilty plea would have also give him carry over points going into the finals. He will win this and be free to play on Sunday :)

He SHOULD win this, but will he?? LOL

And what's the upshot exactly if he loses (not double points is it?)

One of the most embarrassing charges I've seen in years (if not the most!)

To answer your question, see my reply to you in the "Charge sheet" thread.

Stevo said:
He has the opposite player in his corner saying there was nothing in it. There was no complaint on the field. In fact nothing was said until the Terrorgraph published the photo.

He will win easily and play on the weekend which is lucky because we would have struggled without him. Although it would have been interesting to see King start.

he is fighting the crusher, not the gouge.

Gus should defend him, in the Broadcast he was ridiculing the decision :cool:

Sending the love to Starlo - hate it to be a waste of precious time :s

The loophole will be that he was charged with dangerous conduct. Which covers a whole heap of crap. There is no actual crusher tackle charge. He fell on the guys head and you can't really dispute that because it happened.

Stevo said:
The loophole will be that he was charged with dangerous conduct. Which covers a whole heap of crap. There is no actual crusher tackle charge. He fell on the guys head and you can't really dispute that because it happened.

no loophole; he was charged with dangerous contact, not conduct. He took the early plea for the gouge (which was simply titled "dangerous contact"), but other charge is "dangerous contact- unnecessary head/neck pressure".

It's a ridiculous charge regardless of what they call it, but they have identified it as a "crusher".

If he is charged? will we start seeing this every game?

Doubt it?

Trumped up charge from out of touch refs/video refs/ match review committees. They are seriously becoming a laughing stock.

I'm only just reading this good news.

Common-sense, yes; but he shouldn't have been charged in the 1st place.

Whilst a week off now MAY have helped, I'm sure Josh is relieved and rarin' to go (and glad his reputation is intact).

Unlike the NRL and MRC.

No Real Leadership and Morons Repeating Clangers!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4